Feed your stash

Old September 12th 05, 05:05 PM
Butterfly

I have shoopped and shhhhooopppeeedddd and shopped on line (after going to
both Joann's and Hancock's here in town) and finally ended up (with an
RCTQ'er's advice) going to Wally's World (Sat evening after 7 PM) to get the
prequilted baby panels.....they only had Carebears with Blue background--and
I NEED pink--but I got all they had (3) and the clerk pointed out a flaw in
one (I can work around it with a star appliqué) so I went up front and the
manager gave me 10% off --until she saw my cast (asked why I didn't use
their scooter ---well I ASKED for help with one and the gal couldn't get it
to work--so I WALKED the length of the store very very slowly)--and she gave
me 20% off.... YAY!!!! I have to say that the customers in the store were
very nice and went around me without asking me to 'get outta their way' even
to the point of going to a diff aisle so I wouldn't have to rush...now I was
happy for that ; )
When the gal ahead of me was having her fabric cut she was complaining about
her DH (who was with her) always asking WHAT are you gonna do with that...I
said mine just asks if I 'got enuf'. He spoke up and said: I don't dare ask
her that....she'd buy out the store ........she just LOL : ) FYI, I do not
shop at Wally's World I just feel far too overcrowded there so you know how
'desperate' I was.

Butterfly (still on the 'hunt' as these will be used at "Gram Gram's
cottage" and I do not want to spend a lot of effort in them--they each have
their own for home)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
.net...
A new reason to buy fabric (as if we ever needed a reason) - but now and
then some one asks "Why did you buy that?" I don't think I've mentioned to
you that every bit of my stash is fine, just fine. It looks like, though,
that it will be a while before I can shop. This is just so unbelievable.
The post office website says that mail service to south Mississippi will be
restored.
Great.
As compared to what?
"The mail service will be abandoned"?
If I had wanted to be shipwrecked on a desert island, I would have
moved to one. Can you imagine that the postal service is shut down
because they can't sort and deliver mail without their high-tech
equipment? My goodness. Can't they get some employees that can read?
Just for Polly, buy a FQ of something today. Not because you need it.
Not because I need it . I really and truly can not outlive my stash. What
I need is a little S.E.X. If someone dares ask "What did you buy that?",
tell them, "I did it for Polly". Please let me know what you bought, it
will make me feel so much better. Polly

Old September 12th 05, 05:22 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

[...]

Polly, I probably won't get there today, but I will sometime this week!
Does this help to spread out the pleasure for you? g
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old September 12th 05, 05:49 PM
Mary in Washington

Just did some shopping on the internet and bought so really nice filler
solids for later projects. Does this count??? If not I will go to my
stash and dig till I find something I had forgotten I had.....lol

So happy to do something for you. Thanks Polly.

Mary

http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa
IN THE COOKIES OF LIFE, FRIENDS ARE THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS.

Old September 12th 05, 07:23 PM
Patti

Polly, I hope it counts that I am getting a quarter of Steam a Seam
bonding stuff? Won't be anywhere near a quilt shop for a while - and no
time to get to one at the moment.
..
In message , Polly
Esther writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 12th 05, 08:04 PM
Polly Esther

I'm enjoying every shopping expedition. I just knew I could count on you to
handle this terrible burden for me. Polly

"Patti" wrote in message

Polly, I hope it counts that I am getting a quarter of Steam a Seam
bonding stuff? Won't be anywhere near a quilt shop for a while - and no
time to get to one at the moment.
.
In message , Polly
Esther writes

Old September 12th 05, 08:11 PM
Sewingsue

We had a mail train for years till 'they' decided it wasn't cost effective.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3379475.stm

I have a class at my LQS tomorrow and promise I will force myself to buy a
FQ because Polly needs me to vbg
--
Sewingsue in Scotland
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cra...olar/my_photos

"Taria" wrote in message
There is a railroad PO in the rr museum in Sacramento. I was lucky
enough to have the whole thing described by a docent that had worked on
it. The whole thing was pretty amazing. They sorted as they moved.
They did it all really fast. MAybe it is time to pull that train out
of the museum and put her to work? Those old guys didn't need any
stinking hi tech equipment.
Will try to find a FQ that needs a new home today.
Hugs, Taria

Old September 12th 05, 08:41 PM
Susan Laity Price

Your Wally World store is sure nicer than ours. The store has three
motorized carts but two have been down for some time. Last time I took
my friend in her wheelchair the one working cart was in use. She used
their wheel chair with the basket but the only way in and out of the
chair is to lift the basket. It was very difficult for her to reach
anything. When we asked about the other motorized carts they were very
rude. She likes going to this store because by using the motorized
cart she can feel a little independent and do most of her own shopping
without my help. Next week I am going to check the availability of the
motorized cart before I help her out of the car. If the cart isn't
available we will go to Target.

Susan

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:05:23 GMT, "Butterfly"
wrote:

[...]

k.net...

Old September 12th 05, 08:53 PM
~KK in BC~

Well, talk about timing! I was going to make my usual rounds at the thrift
stores today, with nothing in mind to actually buy, just browsing.....
Lo and behold what did my eyeballs spot??? A bolt of fabric.... and upon
closer inspection it was a bolt of about 15 metres of a 100% polished cotton
with a hint of a woven look to it. PERFECT backing fabric!! picture the
snag and hug tactic here since the store was full of ladies looking in the
fabric dept

Much to my delight when I came to the till the price?? A whole $5.00!!!!!

Does that make for a great S.E.X. or what????

~KK in BC~ living on a tiny budget is not stopping me from quilting!
Oh and I managed to pick up some frugal batting as well. They are mattress
pads in mint condition and since I tie most of my quilts anyway, they work
great. I have used them many times and washed and washed and washed them
with no ill effects. These suckers cost me a whole $2.00 each.did I mention
I have to be frugal?

--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
I haven't outgrown the need to play with blocks.

koffee_kupz on Yahoo Messenger
-rarely use msn-
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Old September 12th 05, 09:03 PM
Phyllis Nilsson

Well, I went to two stores and got fabric today, just for Polly because
you are so encouraging. Should have stopped at a fat quarter, but, of
course, I didn't.

Old September 12th 05, 09:15 PM
Rita in MA

Fearing that I would forget to stop tonight, I did some online ordering.
I ordered http://tinyurl.com/7m5nd from Keepsake Quilting along with a
few other odds and ends. I lost count of the fat quarters; but I'm sure
that you feel really good about my purchases :-)

Rita L