Feed your stash

Old September 12th 05, 12:45 PM
Polly Esther

Default Feed your stash

A new reason to buy fabric (as if we ever needed a reason) - but now and
then some one asks "Why did you buy that?" I don't think I've mentioned to
you that every bit of my stash is fine, just fine. It looks like, though,
that it will be a while before I can shop. This is just so unbelievable.
The post office website says that mail service to south Mississippi will be
restored.
Great.
As compared to what?
"The mail service will be abandoned"?
If I had wanted to be shipwrecked on a desert island, I would have moved
to one. Can you imagine that the postal service is shut down because they
can't sort and deliver mail without their high-tech equipment? My goodness.
Can't they get some employees that can read?
Just for Polly, buy a FQ of something today. Not because you need it.
Not because I need it . I really and truly can not outlive my stash. What I
need is a little S.E.X. If someone dares ask "What did you buy that?", tell
them, "I did it for Polly". Please let me know what you bought, it will
make me feel so much better. Polly

Old September 12th 05, 12:48 PM
Musicmaker

heading for Wal Mart for you, Polly

Old September 12th 05, 12:57 PM
Polly Esther

How sweet it is to have friends I can depend on. Polly

"Musicmaker" wrote in message
oups.com...
heading for Wal Mart for you, Polly

Old September 12th 05, 01:06 PM
Paulette

JUST for YOU, Polly, I will go to my lqs tomorrow (they are not open on Mon)
and use my $25 coupon. I will get minkee for a quilt backing and who knows
WHAT else.

BTW, my grandfather worked for the USPS for YEARS and he must be spinning in
his grave right now to think that mail is held up due to machinery.

Shopping for YOU,
Paulette in WV

Old September 12th 05, 01:39 PM
Roberta Zollner

Reading this header, I had visions of a voracious Stash, cut off by the
hurricane damage, taking large bites out of people's clothing. Kind of a
textile gator.

Can't make it into town until tomorrow, dear Polly, but I will feed my
stash. Promise! Otherwise it might just take matters into its own hands. And
anyhow, I need something! Something in border stripes to make a, -er,
border!
Roberta in D

.net...

Old September 12th 05, 01:49 PM
Debbi

Polly,

I must be a mind reader these days (my kids say I am). Went to the
Flying Geese/ North Orange County Quilt Guilds Quilt Show yesterday.
Bought 10 yards of fabrics for the Hummel blocks I have embroidered. I
originally thought I bought them because they were all 50% off, but now
I see that I bought them because you wanted me to! When I get a chance,
I will post a picture of the fabrics for your viewing pleasure.

Debbi in SO CA

Old September 12th 05, 02:14 PM
Jessamy

as I am at home with 2 icky kids I won't be able to get out for some stash
feeding... but! I will re-designate the 5 meters of black and 5 meters of
wheat batik as Polly's and hope it meets your approval.

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old September 12th 05, 02:16 PM
Patti S

Ohhhhhh the sacrifices we have to make!!
Only for you Polly..............

Hugz
Patti in Seattle

Old September 12th 05, 02:20 PM
Diana Curtis

A lady in the UK had adopted a family from *down south* some time ago,
not officially, but just in her heart, and when she found out they lost
almost everything in the floods she asked me to go online, buy the
material for a quilt and make one, and she footed the bill. Imagine what
fun I had, pouring thru the online catalogs, finding just the right
fabrics to make a cheerful, warm, and loving quilt for a boy who has
almost nothing( they got to take a toy or two and a book from their home
as they fled). Blue and aqua squares with orange squiggles, orange with
dots, deep blue marbled, and an aqua speckled piece, with lush, cotton
poly blend Hobbs batt in the middle, and more of the deep marble for the
back. Mmmmmmmmm can you see it in your minds eye, Polly? The blue with
squiggles and the orange will become snowball blocks (orange in the
corners) and the dark and the aqua will become the alternate blocks in a
nine patch. Its cheery without being the kind of quilt that would
embaress an 8 year old in a few years. Lisa C, also of this group,
joined me in this wonderful S.E.X. and I do believe she had as much fun
as if she had actually been recieving the fabrics herself!
Diana, always willing to take Polly out for a shopping spree