okay, now what

Old July 19th 05, 09:10 PM
maryd

How about adding it to Jeri's Red Lake hugs.

--
Mary

Old July 19th 05, 09:38 PM
Terbear

or, we can raffle it off here, and the winner can decide the charity the
funds go to....

Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

"nana2b" wrote in message
You could knock me over with a feather. Maybe way deep down inside this
woman is a tiny shred of conscience. My vote is to donate it to a
charity that might auction it off to help their cause. Linda

Old July 19th 05, 10:11 PM
Sally Swindells

Could all those on the 'hug makers' list vote on the options.That way
the weight would be taken off your shoulders as it would be a
democratic decision. It would probably be too difficult to contact
those who actually contributed to the quilt.

I can't help feeling that if it went as a hug to someone we know it
wouldn't somehow be a same as a quilt made especially for that person,
whereas it it went somewhere that needed multiple quilts not for an
individual or to raise money for a charity (like a cancer charity -
there seem to be so many of us who are/have been affected by it) the
'nasty taste' caused by the whole affair would be removed.

Just thoughts as this was done before I joined the hug-makers list.

It has been a horrid incident, but the final outcome was good to hear.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:11:45 GMT, "Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @
KarenTucker.com wrote:

NanaV has returned the Hug quilt to me, unasked for. Now what?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 19th 05, 10:11 PM
Patti

Wow! What a surprising development.
Maybe the love in the Hug caused a little bit of good to be felt by
NanaV?
Restores ones faith in human nature a bit doesn't it?
..
In message RfcDe.165210$x96.101124@attbi_s72, Queen of Squishies
writes
NanaV has returned the Hug quilt to me, unasked for. Now what?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 19th 05, 10:16 PM
Roberta

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:38:04 -0700, "Terbear"
wrote:

or, we can raffle it off here, and the winner can decide the charity the
funds go to....

I vote for this or just donating the quilt....

I don't like the idea of re-giving it as a hug....there's a lot of bad
things connected with it...

Roberta (in VA)
Old July 19th 05, 10:18 PM
Don/Gen

Women's Shelter?
Gen

Old July 19th 05, 10:48 PM
Pat in Virginia

There have been several good ideas posted. Wendy and Sally best
expressed what I think. Give it out to an anon type charity, not
to someone specific. A Ronald McDonald or a Fisher House would be
good. Someone who has no idea of the recent 'detour' of the quilt
will be delighted to have it and will marvel at the signatures
and designs on the squares. Karen, if you could please post a
photo, then the design or coloration of the quilt may suggest
some worthy recipient.
Meantime, kids, let's please stop analyzing the motives of NanaV,
either in her heart breaking posts, or in her recent return of
the quilt. Let's move on.

PAT in VA/USA

Old July 19th 05, 11:00 PM
~KK in BC~

Meantime, kids, let's please stop analyzing the motives of NanaV, either
in her heart breaking posts, or in her recent return of the quilt. Let's
move on.

PAT in VA/USA

Hear Hear!!

And no matter what you all decide to do with the quilt, I know it will be
loved and cherished no matter who gets it. With the emotions that went into
the making of it, there is no doubt healing powers within.

~KK in BC~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No trees were killed in the sending
of this message. However, a large
number of electrons were terribly
inconvenienced......
http://community.webshots.com/user/koffeekupz

Old July 19th 05, 11:05 PM
Quidnunc

"nana2b" wrote in message
You could knock me over with a feather. Maybe way deep down inside this
woman is a tiny shred of conscience. My vote is to donate it to a
charity that might auction it off to help their cause. Linda

It's great she has returned it, it'll go to help someone in need.

I wasn't going to confess this....but I sent the boys round to have a
word.....
JJ :-)

Old July 19th 05, 11:29 PM
Liz A.

My suggestion is to give it to a charity that holds auctions to raise
money. Around here, Northwest Medical Team holds a yearl auction to
help raise funds. They send medical teams all around the world, the
recent tsunami they sent a LOT of medical help. They have been rated by
Forbes magazine as one of the country's 10 best charities because of
the large percentage of every dollar that actually goes to aid. Our
small, private quilting group made a quilt for their annual auction
last year. Big time spenders usually go to the event and it's always a
big la-de-da black tie event.

Liz A.-- who has some friends in the medical field who have gone to
Africa & Haiti for NW Medical Team
Kent, WA