OT Simple Pleasures

Old April 11th 05, 07:57 PM
Pat in Virginia

Default OT Simple Pleasures

I was away for a few days ... come back to some
unfortunate news here, and some hurts too. Time
for Life's Simple Pleasures!! What has made you
happy this week? (If nothing has, no need to
report ... just read a few notes and you too might
realize you do have some little pleasures in your
life too!!)
I'll start off ....
On Saturday I was in Washington, DC, my nation's
capitol. I went to the Cherry Blossom Festival
Parade, and then took a stroll among the blooming
cherry trees along the Tidal Basin. It was
absolutely fantastic!!

Old April 11th 05, 07:59 PM
georg

Pat in Virginia wrote:

I was away for a few days ... come back to some unfortunate news here,
and some hurts too. Time for Life's Simple Pleasures!! What has made you
happy this week? (If nothing has, no need to report ... just read a few
notes and you too might realize you do have some little pleasures in
your life too!!)
I'll start off ....
On Saturday I was in Washington, DC, my nation's capitol. I went to the
Cherry Blossom Festival Parade, and then took a stroll among the
blooming cherry trees along the Tidal Basin. It was absolutely fantastic!!

It is good just to watch a cat purring in the sunshine, or sleep with
one curled upon my hip, purring a lullaby.

And a very nice hug, when my sweetie comes home from work, and the dog
tries to be a sandwich in between our hug.

-georg

Old April 11th 05, 08:10 PM
Charlotte Hippen

Numb legs because both my boys wanted to cuddle with mommy during their
movie.

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Old April 11th 05, 08:22 PM
Susie

The first thing that has made me happy this week is having
my grandson tell me he loves me and getting a few big hugs.
Also the anticipation of going to a 3 hour Janome workshop at the mall
tomorrow. I have been looking at the Janome's for a few months now.
We will be using the Janome 6500 and the 300e. I'm told there will
be a special price too.
Susie

..........What has made you happy this week?

Old April 11th 05, 08:24 PM
frood

We had a Dance Party yesterday, at Miss Fussy Rose's request. Fancy snacks
(crackers with aerosol cheese), dance music compiled by DH and MFR, and we
took turns leading dances and teaching each other silly things. Giles'
dances tend towards ballet/interpretive dance, while Spike favors falling
down alot. MFR and her father did a great jitterbug.It was lots of fun, and
we even caught DS and DD#1 enjoying themselves a few times... but they'll
deny it if asked!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old April 11th 05, 08:27 PM
WInomad

Having my college aged son and his girlfriend come home on the weekend and
watching how special they are to each other. Ahhh, young love.

Old April 11th 05, 08:29 PM
Diana Curtis

Meg watched Mr Rodger's Neighborhood for the first time today and was
entranced. His legacy lives on.
The tulips I transplanted are poking out of the ground, the lilacs have
made those cool looking little grape like things which will be flowers
very soon.
The wireless network works and enables me to spend more time
sewing/crafting and not miss my friends.
Here are ((((((((((((((((Pat)))))))))))))))) for the hurts and
unfortunate happenings.
Diana

Old April 11th 05, 08:31 PM
Marcella Peek

In article 0Mz6e.6350$d43.2708@lakeread03,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

I was away for a few days ... come back to some
unfortunate news here, and some hurts too. Time
for Life's Simple Pleasures!! What has made you
happy this week? (If nothing has, no need to
report ... just read a few notes and you too might
realize you do have some little pleasures in your
life too!!)
I'll start off ....
On Saturday I was in Washington, DC, my nation's
capitol. I went to the Cherry Blossom Festival
Parade, and then took a stroll among the blooming
cherry trees along the Tidal Basin. It was
absolutely fantastic!!

Got an e-mail this morning that both quilts I entered got in the NQA
show in June.

Son is home with a headache which isn't good, but we do love the
occasional not--too-sick-day to read together and eat special snacks and
such.

marcella
Old April 11th 05, 08:37 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
Got an e-mail this morning that both quilts I entered got in the NQA
show in June.

Yee haw!!!!!

Son is home with a headache which isn't good, but we do love the
occasional not--too-sick-day to read together and eat special snacks and
such.

Have an extra piece of Scharffen Berger for me!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

OT Life's Simple Pleasures Pat in Virginia Quilting 35 March 16th 05 05:09 PM
OT- Roll call & simple pleasures Joanne Passmore Quilting 0 January 8th 05 04:28 AM
QSD: Simple Nine Patch Pat in Virginia Quilting 59 June 8th 04 05:54 PM
Simple Knitted Edging marsie Yarn 0 February 14th 04 03:03 AM
50% off Sale at Material Pleasures Dana Marketplace 0 December 13th 03 01:55 PM