Popular Misconception *a rant about group policy*

Old August 24th 04, 03:24 AM
nana2b

I come here because I do not have very many quilting buddies locally. The
ones I have I met through this NG. I am very grateful for them. I have
learned so much just reading and even more asking questions and getting
great answers. I appreciate the "no ads" policy. This group has a great
sense of compassion and humor. . Squabbles are part of life too. I am
happy to have found this place.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old August 24th 04, 04:34 AM
Sharon Harper

I'm on my way.......

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

"Jalynne" wrote in message
hlink.net...
You should have posted a spew warning on that one, Sharon. Now...get

yourself over
here and wipe off my screen....then we can do a quilt shop hop and go to

the Space
Needle.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
But I'm naturally timid and shy and retiring. {{batting fluffy

eyelashes at
all and sundry}}. It's my nature....

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html
**********************

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have asked here and gotten great answers to such questions as where

can
get the best price for green-band SM needles, and we had a lot of fun

with
the best safety pins, also including where and how much. Please don't

feel
timid about sharing any great deals you discover, some of us sorely

need
them. Polly

"Sharon Harper" wrote Even just OT and a space works it. Just like

my
changed subject line.
(insert superior look down one's nose at those that don't change the
subject
line) LOL.

Old August 24th 04, 04:35 AM
Sharon Harper

What do you mean "awful"???? Don't none of you believe me? Sheesh! Some
peeps!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html
**********************

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
Jalynne is right, Sharon, that was pretty awful. And yes! Lia, I would

love
to know where and best price for rotary blades. Some klutz here surely

does
use them up quickly. I don't know who but have noticed that my rulers

don't
exactly have square corners anymore. A screw loose at the controls strikes
again, and again. Polly

"Jalynne" wrote You should have posted a spew warning on that one,
Sharon. wrote But I'm naturally timid and shy and retiring.

{{batting
fluffy eyelashes at
all and sundry}}. It's my nature....

Old August 24th 04, 04:59 AM
nzl*

yea yea, pull the other one. rofl.
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Sharon Harper" wrote...

Old August 24th 04, 11:24 AM
KathyB in West Oz

Twoo???? Sharon this is us you are talking to . You will suffer from
Pinocchio syndrome if you are not careful

--
Kathy B in West Oz

http://community.webshots.com/user/kazzxie51

Old August 24th 04, 12:06 PM
Sharon Harper

All right I'll 'fess up - it's the evil twin side y'all
see....er....hear....er....read!

Old August 24th 04, 12:46 PM
Diana Curtis

I believe you. I'm the same. Shy and socially uneasy in real life and well..
you *know* how I am here. So, ya... its possible you are shy and retiring
IRL.
Diana

Old August 24th 04, 01:57 PM
WhansaMi

We have had several discussions in the
past on the cost of machine quilting a quilt, or how much to sell/ make a
quilt for, and so on. Nothing has been said about it being off topic.

I guess I could be included in this heading. I've frequently asked questions
about this product or that. I don't have any real-life friends who really
quilt (I plan to change that by joining my local guild in September!), and I
like getting a variety of opinions about items before I purchase them.

I'm very new to the group, but my own POV is that this is a *community* of
quilters. Many people, in order to feel part of a community, need a bit of OT
conversation... otherwise it is just a bulletin board. Yes, it is nice to put
OT in the heading, but really... if I open up a post, and it doesn't interest
me, it takes about five seconds to figure that out, and close the window. Is
that five seconds really significant in the course of my life? Even if it
happens 20 times a day, I've wasted all of two minutes. I'd say that is a
small price to pay for all the help I've gotten on here.

Sheila

Old August 24th 04, 06:17 PM
Pati Cook

Check the newest mailer for TSWLTH, there is a special on a 7 pack of 45mm
rotary blades that includes a little rotary cutter lapel/hat pin. Cute little
thing.

Pati, in Phx.