Popular Misconception *a rant about group policy*

Old August 26th 04, 01:03 PM
Diana Curtis

Thats enough to keep you out of trouble for now. When you get your stamina
back... Look Out world!
Diana

"Butterfly" wrote in message
Have 2 seams left in my jacket
DD's Airplane quilt is cut out and ready for her 'inspection' before I

start
sewing it (may be done by Christmas)
Need to cut a few more squares for the last of 4 I Spys (3 have already

been
delivered--this last one will be twin sized)
And have the Poiple Swap Log Cabin ready for a bit more sewing (have 8
blocks finished)
Then, the last for when I'm bored, I'm working on N E X T--haven't touched
that in a few months now.
In the meantime, I am crocheting TP tissue covers in Christmas yarns--have

3
left to do.....my 'can't sleep' project : )
Butterfly (course I have to get more stamina so I can sew longer, but I AM
getting there ; )

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Somehow, writing it all down makes it seem a lot more daunting. You may

not
want to do that anymore.
I love the idea of a Sister's Choice for your aunt. Its one of my

favorite
blocks and the play on words is great!
Well... looks like you have enough to do for the next couple of weeks.

;-)
Diana

"Michelle in Gander" wrote in message
I'm working on a Rail fence WH for my mom, a Debbie Mumm calender

panel
WH
for both my parents, I have a Halloween quilt-for-me waiting for

backing
and
batting, a friendship star quilt waiting for borders, batting and

backing,
two RR (only one left to do though), a block swap, an ornament

exchange,
AND
I'm handpiecing a Sister's Choice quilt for my aunt, who happens to be

nun
(i.e sister in French). She's given all kinds of scraps and has more

for
me
next time I'm in Quebec (like maybe next summer, hopefully).
Wow, that's a lot more than I thought. I'd better get cracking!
Michelle in Gander

"Pati Cook" wrote in message
What's everyone working on quilt wise??

Pati, in Phx working on several projects to be class samples.

Old August 26th 04, 02:54 PM

Exactly! He got a car this summer so he can 1] do the 6 hour one way
trip back to college instead of my driving 12 hours round trip every
time there is a break and 2] avoid the 14 hour one way Greyhound bus
trip whenever he gets lonely for either my cooking or his girlfriend
(not in that order LOL)

For his birthday then he got "car related" gifts and my contribution is
The Quilt. Doesn't every car have one?? :-)

--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl

Julia Altshuler wrote:

Natalie wrote:

I give up. What is a car quilt?

The one that gets left in the car and used to cover up cold knees on
winter mornings and brought out for emergency picnics.

--Lia

remove NOSPAM to reply

Old August 26th 04, 06:40 PM
Jalynne

we have three fleece blankets....because, well, i didn't want my quilts getting
muddy, as it rains so much here...LOL.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old August 28th 04, 04:09 AM
Natalie

I can only find it online for 29.95???

Thanks!
Old August 28th 04, 04:12 AM
Natalie

Natalie wrote:

I can only find it online for 29.95???

Thanks!

I figured it out. The same product is listed twice with two different
prices...

If you search for BLADE than you get the more expensive one, if you look
under the category, you find the cheap one...

Thanks!
Old August 28th 04, 04:39 PM
Judy Grevenites

I seldom post here anymore,--RCTQ has changed a lot and I don't
particularly like the direction it is drifting in. I am getting cranky
in my old age and I just don't like being irritated by people who
presume to speak for everyone.

Diane, you are a funny, kind and knowing person and I have enjoyed some
of your posts--but you have a tendency to presume that your vision of
the group is the only version.

The advertising issue will always be with us because of the different
perceptions of what is and isn't "selling". That, and the fact that
new people are always popping in and out and haven't a clue about what
"offends" us ensures that we will always have advertising. If it is
something blatent we usually just ignore it--as we do the odd bit of
porn that finds it's way here. If it is just a newby making a mistake,
a gentle EXPLAINATION suffices. We don't need to come down on someone,
wielding the sword of justice, and chop off their head

If anyone is more comfortable in a moderated group---by all means, go
there and enjoy. There are lot of 'em. RCTQ is self policing and we do
OK. RedQueen

Old August 28th 04, 05:00 PM
Jalynne

I think you missed Diana's point. (I'm presuming to speak on her behalf, because I
know her very well, and she knows I'm writing this in my perspective.) She was
trying to get us to think about it, not to enforce or define anything. That's her
way, really. If you look back at a lot of her originating posts, they are often
deep, thought provoking issues, and I didn't see this any differently. I know for
certain that she isn't advocating this becoming a moderated group.

I'm sorry that you don't like the direction the group is going. Each person has a
preconceived idea of what this group should be, and sometimes our opinions and styles
clash, but that is the beauty of a group, it's diversity, and the fact that it's like
a living organism...it grows and changes constantly. If you don't like the
direction, see what kind of change you can effect. I'm sure that the group could
improve in certain areas...and I know I can change my attitudes in others. We can
only change ourselves, but we can influence others. My opinion is that we all need
to take a deep cleansing breath, and go grab that quilt we were working on, and
continue to share our progress, as well as a little bit of ourselves.

I really do love this group.

Old August 28th 04, 05:02 PM
Diana Curtis

I agree, and that is why I asked people what they wanted. I asked them to
police themselves. I offered my vision of the group as a quilt lesson
because this is a big part of what I get from the group, quilt instructions,
and I personally find ads a disruption to the learning and the companionship
from the group. I didnt speak for anyone else. I dont presume to tell others
how to run their group. If you reread my post you will see that I did not
tell anyone how to behave.
Diana