sofia

Old March 3rd 04, 08:58 AM
Jalynne

I had a rough time with Aleesha...it's a long story, that I won't go into here, but
we successfully nursed/expressed for 15 months until I had to go on asthma
medication. It was so worth the struggle with her. The wonderful bond I have with
her because of the struggle and because of nursing is something I wouldn't trade for
anything in the world. It's just important to give it half a chance (most lactation
consultants say it takes at least six weeks to get the hang of it for both of you) as
it's something you both are learning. You know....DH rides his bicycle with a group
on Saturdays (until July) and normally in the Seattle area. When you're feeling up
to it, I'd sure like to meet you and little Sofia! Let me know.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list
See what DH is up to at http://www.teamintraining.org/participant/kinney-162652

"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
thanks Jalynne.. might need your help if we don't figure it out soon...
it is getting better all the time, but still not an easy routine... as
one friend said, it will be easier once the circus leaves... but I'll
feed bad when my mom leaves (and my dad and brother), who knows when
they'll see her again (OK, it is not SO dramatic, I am planning on going
home in October...)

Jalynne wrote:

It takes some time to get the hang of it, but please don't give up. Breast milk

does
take a few days to come in...it's normal. you're doing just fine. just

relax...and
as Mary suggested, contact the lactation consultant at the hospital. It'll be

good
for both of you. I do have some hints that may help if you want to contact me
privately. Hugs to you and Sofia

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old March 3rd 04, 10:08 PM
Roberta Zollner

She's probably getting plenty if she's gaining weight. Maybe you ought to
delegate Fer to take the 3 stooges on excursions for a few hours at a time
so you can have some peace and quiet :-) Make sure you get enough to drink.
In Denmark, where I had my 2nd baby, they gave new mothers a big glass of
beer every day. It's a diuretic and promotes lactation. (And I guess the
hops help make you feel calm.)
Roberta in D

"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
I promise I'll post a newborn and first week pictures soon on a new
webshots album. considering the prognosis, I am doing so well my doctor
is astonished. I guess I am a good healer. I didn't even touch the
percuset... only concern is the feeding, she dislikes my breast unless I
wear a shield and I am not sure she is getting enough (we began using
some formula since my milk did not come for a few days), pediatrician
worried me today. she was 8 pounds at birth (3.6kg), 7'8" (3.4kg) when
we left the hospital last wed. and 7'10" (3.45kg) friday at her
follow-up visit at the hospital, and the same today at the pediatrician.
but it was a different scale... so I am not too worried but fer is, he
thinks I am too distracted. of course the 3 stooges are here (mom, dad
and my brother). they help - mom cooks and cleans, dad works in the
garden, my brother does odd jobs but mostly just hangs out looking for
entertainment and attention and can get pesky... on the other hand my
family hasn't been together in one place like this since I got married -
then I came here to the States again and my brother lived first in Costa
Rica, then in Baja, then in London and now in Mexico City but not for
long.. so it is a family reunion centered around the arriva\l of Sofia
and mom is turning 60 on Thu.. there is a lot going on in everybody's
life (my dad works with the president of our country who can't get
reelected in Nov., my brother is trying to decide whether to take a job
offer or wait for one from Uruguay so he can move back there, and we
have Sofia) but being a loud Spanish/Italian family we scream, talk
about stuff we disagree about (politics, religion, sex) - poor Fer tries
to rescue the baby from the raucus. she sleeps like a log through all of
it, so she is a true Vignali...

Sharon Harper wrote:
Yahoooooooooo - she's here! She's here! Oooooh when you're ready

please
post pictures. I'm proud of you too BTW - I would have been screaming

blue
murder. Congratulations!

Old March 5th 04, 04:37 PM
Eli

When I had my first baby, the nurses said to have a glass of wine to relax
you and promote lactation. By the time I had my third, they said that was a
no-no.

I drank LOTS of water - not milk, juice, or other products. Water really
helped produce milk. I couldn't nurse with a lot going on either. I had to
sit alone in a quiet room and then everything went well.

Gina in IL

Old March 5th 04, 08:17 PM
Bonnie Patterson

Don't worry about nursing, pretty soon you will start leaking as soon
as Sofia makes a little noise. Stimulation, the act of nursing, brings
in/increases the production of your milk.

I once had a female dog , that had never had puppies, and my cat had
weaned her kittens but the kittens discovered the dogs nipples and
started trying to nurse, pretty soon the dog had milk and she didn't
try to wean them. Just kept nursing them. It was cute.