Pictures of my quilts

Old November 29th 03, 05:54 PM
..Mickie Swall..

Julia (and all) the trick to making very narrow seams even and straight,
is to use the previous line of stitching as a guide rather than the edges
of your fabric. Of course, that first line would have to be straight and
even too.;o)
Mickie

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message
I'm most impressed with that last one that looks like a Frank Lloyd
Wright window. Are those thin black lines pieced? That's gorgeous
precision work. They look like they're 1/4" wide. Any tips on making
them come out so even and straight? I like piecing but find myself
fudging a lot. Big shapes come out looking right, but lines are harder
for me.

Old November 29th 03, 06:04 PM
Chipper

Yep! You pass the test. I'm now officially jealous of your quilts. Please
put me in your will for the first one and then watch your back!!
chipper

"Paegan" wrote in message
om...
I'm new here and was asked to post pictures of a few of my quilt
projects. So here goes, these links should work:

http://www.1fish2fish.com/images/quilt1.jpg
http://www.1fish2fish.com/images/quilt2.jpg
http://www.1fish2fish.com/images/quilt3.jpg
http://www.1fish2fish.com/images/quilt4.jpg

These are pieced by not yet quilted:

http://www.1fish2fish.com/images/quilt5.jpg
http://www.1fish2fish.com/images/quilt6.jpg

Do I pass the test?? grin

Old November 30th 03, 01:27 AM
Pati Cook

I'm not Paegan, but when you piece in a quarter inch wide strip, use the
edge of your quarter inch foot along the already sewn seam line to get an
accurate and straight quarter inch piece.

Pati, in Phx

Julia Altshuler wrote:

I'm most impressed with that last one that looks like a Frank Lloyd
Wright window. Are those thin black lines pieced? That's gorgeous
precision work. They look like they're 1/4" wide. Any tips on making
them come out so even and straight? I like piecing but find myself
fudging a lot. Big shapes come out looking right, but lines are harder
for me.

--Lia

Old November 30th 03, 04:21 AM
Julia Altshuler

Thanks. I think that will do it.

--Lia

Old November 30th 03, 04:33 AM
Lynn Tocker

They're FABULOUS. One day, I hope....
Lynn
"Louise" wrote in message
You pass with flying colors! These are beautiful.

Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old November 30th 03, 01:01 PM
Patti

Hullo Pati
I've heard this several times before, but I'm not really sure how it's
done. Does it mean that you have to put your work into the machine the
'wrong' way round? I use my stitch position for a 1/4" seam, rather
than a foot. So to get the right seam allowance following the last seam,
that seam would, I think, have to be on the right of my needle.
It would be a good thing if I could get to grips with this. I would
love to use really fine lines - all over the place!!!
..
In article , Pati Cook
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 30th 03, 02:28 PM
Elena

I finally saw them! I couldn't get thru Sat night, but now they are there
and definitely worth the wait. You do marvelous work! Congratulations. I
loved all the quilts.
Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Elena in Tx, USA

Old November 30th 03, 02:51 PM
KittyG

I love looking at what everyone is doing. I find such great inspiration in
seeing all the projects. We love to share here and almost always ask.
Thanks for posting the links. I can't decide which are my favorites,
although I find quilt 6, the FLW, to be the most fascinating, probably
because I don't have a clue how to even start one. Fantastic work that I'm
sure brings a lot of joy both to the maker and the lucky recipient. And
welcome!

kitty in phx

--
Remove "s" and "i" in email to respond.