About Us

Old October 15th 03, 04:48 AM
juliasb(nospam)

Ok you got me hooked into it

name: Julia Sidebottom
Home: Waterford, MI USA
Occupation: retired Gerontologist - Medical Social Worker - Activity
Therapist
Age: Plenty - Nine
Family: DH - Jerry. DD1 - Elizabeth DD2 - Sarah
DGD - Emily DGS - due to arrive March 12, 2003
Favorite Foods: Machratha (unique chicken meal) Chocolate, chocolate
and chocolate.
IQ's: none (unless you want to include DH)
Machine: Janome (about 8 years old now)
Singer Treadle 1905
Quilting for: 11 or so years. A quilter at heart since birth
Sewing my own clothes since I was 9 yrs. old
Quilting Preferences: Rotary cutter, paper piecing, machine piecing,
hand quilting
Quilting styles: Traditional for the most part
Large quilts
Color preferences: turquoise, teals and love 30's repos

Other interest: Rubber Stamping, Pergamano, gardening, cooking and
rebuilding computers (in my spare time).

Posting: I post daily when possible here on RCTQ and maintain my web
site as much as possible (though have been delinquent there for a while)
Skill level: intermediate (definitely not quilt show quality)
TV Programs: Survivors, 24, CSI, Judge Judy (need a good laugh to make
the day go right)
Pet Peeves: Bad drivers, and to many to think about right now.
Floor Thread count: high. Vacuum only when I have to.
Stash: Sizable (about 1500 yds of wonderful fabric) all of which I plan
to use in quilts!!!
Favorite quote: Bring it up again and we'll take a vote on it.
Life status: Wonderful. Many blessings, a few health concerns and great
relationship with DH.
Plans for the next day: Quilting of course.

juliasb

Sharon Harper wrote:

G'day y'all! Here's me!

Name: Sharon Harper

Home: Dingley Village, Victoria, Australia

Occupation: Juggler (keeping everyone's balls in the air)....er I mean

stay at home mum....but I'm never home

Age: 32

Past Lives: Secretary/Personal Assistant to various tyrants and one really

great boss whom I regret leaving, fully qualified travel consultant who
couldn't find a job in travel (too old and not enough experience)

Family: Married to a great DH (Wayne) with 2 DDs. My parents living in

NSW, DH's round the corner.

Food:Chocolate, cheesecake, roast dinners, stir frys

QI's: merlot (8 y.o. Australian Multicultural Domestic Longhair), Jimmy

(12 week old Jack Russell Beagle X),

Machine(s): Gerty Werty, A 20 year old Wertheim 341F, an old Singer from

the 50s I think.

Quilting For: About 2 years. Wanted something to do while DH restored an

old car - haven't looked back since

Quilt Assembly Preference: rotary cut, machine pieced, then hand-quilted.

Haven't mastered MQ.

Quilt Style Preference: Anything but nothing tooo hard!

Colour Preference: Blues, Greens, purples, Bright, pastel - you get my

drift! LOL

Skill level: I call myself an 'intermediate beginner'.

Posting/Reading frequency: Read several times daily, post just as much.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading (magazines,
novels, mystery,romance,historical, how-to), digital photography,

exploring little side-roads, spending time with friends, bargain-hunting.

Pet Peeves: Child abusers, animal cruelty, bad drivers, people who smoke

and blow the smoke over others, mobiles in restaurants, people who can't
separate work and play (ie DH)

TV Shows: CSI, CSI: Miami, Blue Heelers, DIY Rescue, Movies!.

Drive A: 1998 Hyundai Sonata Levant

Favorite Quote: If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If you

still don't succeed have the courage to say "Stuff it" and move on! - A
Sharonism

--
come and journey with me...
from darkness into New Life

Old October 15th 03, 05:26 AM
Janice Davis

Name: Janice Davis

Home: Crestview, FL for 5 years. Just west of Panama City

Occupation: Full time mom, part time student, part time wife. LOL

Age: 28

Family: Married 6 1/2 years to sons 4 and 16 mos (what does the D in ds/dd
mean?)

Food: Any cheesy Italian dish works for me!

QIs: I keep pestering my hubbie for one, but no luck yet.

Machine: Viking Freesia 450.

Quilting: Mostly baby quilts for my friends. Did a breast cancer quilt for
my aunt and getting started on a family album quilt for my grandmothers 80th
birthday. She is still very spry!

Quilt Assembly: rotary cut, machine piece, paper piece, machine quilt. Hand
stitch binding on backside.

Style Preference: easy, soft lines, country touch

Color Preference: pastels and blues, blues, and more blues!

Skill Level: starting intermediate

Post/read frequency: more than once daily usually

Interests: reading, rubber stamping(Stampin' Up!) I actually enjoy
research.

TV: Law & Order all 3 versions

Drive: 1999 Pontiac Bonneville

Favorite quote: One of my favorites anyway. I came across it in high
school--"We do not start counting a man's years, until there is nothing left
to count."--Oscar Wilde

Old October 15th 03, 05:27 AM
Debbi

Name: Debbi in SO CA
Home: Orange County, CA

Occupation: Currently looking for a job

Age: 50
Past Lives:Sales rep for tax law company (10 years), community college

instructor (thank you Gray Davis for cutting my job that I loved)!

Family: Divorced for the last 11 years. DD 17 graduating HS in June. Wants

to go to Penn State. DS 14, my special needs child

Food:Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. Sushi, Italian, Kosher Deli

QI's: Billy, 4 last week as far as we are concerned. We adopted him from

the pound on October 5, 2001. Billy is a mix, looks like a lot of English
Brittany Spaniel and Cocker Spaniel. He is very very black, but his sides
are starting to turn gray

Machine(s): Viking Designer 2

Quilting For: About 5 years.

Quilt Assembly Preference: Rotary Cut. Enjoy machine piecing, applique and

paper piecing. Currently working on a queen size whole cloth

Quilt Style Preference: Machine piece, applique (machine and by hand),

paper piecing

Colour Preference:rose, patriotic, pinks blues, golds.

Skill level: I call myself an 'advanced beginner'.

Posting/Reading frequency: Usually daily

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading, charity

work, Tae Kwon Do,

Pet Peeves: Bullies,

TV Shows: American Dreams, Gilmore Girls, All the Law and Order Shows,

CSI, Without a Trace, Everwood

Drive A: 2002 Toyota Sienna (a mini van)

Old October 15th 03, 05:33 AM
Janice Davis

Favorite Quote: "Cleaning the house while your children are young is like
shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing" Phillis Dillar

I hear you! I have two sons. What a mess they make!

Old October 15th 03, 05:51 AM
AlenasMom

Name: Jennifer Norton

Home: Newmarket Ontario

Occupation: Mom, Dress maker, store owner.

Age: 21

Past Lives:student, artist, writer, pain in the ass... wait, I still own

this one.

Family: DH- Allan, dear daughter, Alena, a messed up sister in law whom I

hate. Hamtaro the hamster, and Bandit the sister in law's dog.

Food: Chocolate, Risotto, sausages, steak.

QI's: Hamtaro, hamster... Bandit, dog.

Machine(s): a busted-ass Kenmore, and my hands. I need a new machine

before I get orders from the store!

Quilting For: Just starting out.

Quilt Assembly Preference: By hand... I like doing things the old

fashioned way.

Quilt Style Preference: Unknown yet.

Colour Preference:

Skill level: Beginner

Posting/Reading frequency: Read hourly.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading, writing,

sewing, nursing the monkey-girl, crpcheting, knitting.

Pet Peeves: a lot,... ready? People who are part of a religion, but don't

actually follow its "rules", people who tell me that they "just can't"
breastfeed, people who give me bad looks when I tell them I'm an artist but
I haven't sold anything yet, people who treat kids like inferior beings,
people who treat animals like trash, people who hunt for fun, I could go
on, but I won't/

TV Shows: Law and Order, That 70's Show, Dharma and Gregg. MXC.

Drive A: my feet

Favorite Quote: "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, Dante Hicks is just

like you. He loooves grape soda. He knows what it's like when the guy in
the supermarket won'ttake your FOOD STAMPS. Or how it feels to wait all
month for your WELFARE
CHECK. Hey! Ho! Hey! Ho! Thank you." -- Randal Graves, Clerks

Old October 15th 03, 06:14 AM
ChaCha

Name: Sarah

Home: Houston, TX

occupation: college student (graduating 05-04)

Age: 24

Past Lives: college athletic event worker, english teacher's assistant (very

sad to see how even advanced english students are bad writers)

Family: mom, sister in indiana (college), 3 qi's (one cat, 2 dogs)

Food: veggie subs, falafel, dolmas

QIs: correy, 5 y.o. cat, percy, 5 y.o. dog, and hailie, 4 y.o. dog

Machine: singer in a cabinet (i think it's from around the 1950s?), a brother

that i do just about everything on...would like to splurge on a nice new
machine, but with student loans looming over the horizon...)

Quilting: started the summer after i graduated from hs, so, about 6 years?

sort of off and on...

Quilt Assembly: rotary cut/machine piece, paper piece, some hand work

(applique and piecing my string stars)

Style Preference: traditional, but in bright colors, and some totally random

ones, just a mix of colors and prints

Color Preference: BRIGHT! tropical colors, 30s prints

Skill Level: i can't even begin to judge that...um, i am a beginner, but love

to challenge myself to advanced patterns? (is masochist an option?)

Post/read frequency: read either daily or every other day, post very

infrequently

Interests: dollmaking, crocheting and knitting, music (tastes run from punk to

hip hop to "classic" music like the beatles, simon and garfunkel...)

TV: roseanne, good eats, family guy, old episodes of ER, music video stations,

cnn and some shows on stations like discovery-times or the learning channel
(trading spaces)

Drive: 1986 dodge ramcharger, 1994 chevy pickup

Favorite quote: anything from moulin rouge or dogma, i guess. i don't really

quote anything....

Old October 15th 03, 06:18 AM
kjbs

---------
Name: Kelly Bales Stettler

Home: Beaverton, Oregon

Occupation: depressed housewife and college student

Age: 38

Past Lives: proofreader for business school, 4 years fast

food

Family: Husband. One sister, 2 SIL (10 nieces/nephews),

parents and step parents and step brothers, one grandparent;
no children, yet...

Food: the two biggies: chocolate and cheese, also Italian,

Mexican and fast

QI's: Oscar: 10 year old part Siamese

Machine(s): Pfaff 6122

Quilting For: 7 years (when I quit my job to move in with

now Hubby I watched a lot of HGTV and quite a bit of Simply
Quilts)

Quilt Assembly Preference: rotary cut (can't cut templates

decently), speed piece (the faster the better).

Quilt Style Preference: traditional pieced blocks,

especially 9-patch and its variations

Colour Preference: most colors, but I'm very partial to

purple, blue, green and red.

Skill level: beginner (I don't quilt blocks with too many

pieces, therefore I'm somewhat limited in my
skills/selections)

Posting/Reading frequency: read daily; post maybe once

every 6 months

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.:

reading, studying, Formula One and Cart auto racing,
daydreaming, writing, crocheting, sleeping, procrastinating,
dieting, thinking, worrying, fretting, collecting dishes

Pet Peeves: Lack of school funding in my home state

(Oregon), weird requirements at my university which makes it
hard for transfer students to get a degree (don't ask), road
construction, public cell phone use, "reality" shows on TV,
most of my in-laws, PCs (I prefer Macs), visible thong
underwear (especially on teenagers), superficial news
reporting, chipped nail polish, telemarketers/spammers/junk
mail, erosion (see my yard), crab grass, (my yard also),
gray hair (see my head), cellulite (see my .... ),
advertising for fattening foods...

TV Shows: none right now; rarely watch TV, except auto

racing

Drives: 1997 Ford Mustang; 2000 Acura TL

Favorite Quotes:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to
live forever: Gandhi

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored:
Aldous Huxley

It is better to debate a question without settling it, than
to settle a question without debating it: Joseph Joubert

Ninety percent of everything is crap: Theodore Sturgeon

Old October 15th 03, 06:32 AM
Dawn in Alberta

Here is my go

Name: Dawn H.

Home: Calgary Alberta Canada

Occupation: retail fabric sales ( Just the thing for a fabric addict)

Age: 33

Past Lives: many but you do mean work kind huh ? retail sales, bartender
and donut maker

Family: Single and enjoying it Mom lives with me for health reasons, and the
brother on his own.

Food: Well I can tell you what I don't like the list is shorter that way ,
eggplant, zucchini, Squash and yams, sweet potatoes

QI's Bud, Tinker, Cyd, Peroit, Hastings, Morse, and Marple and one sometimes
ghost cat of Lovejoy, Marple's sister , all cats

Machine: mom bought it in 65 a Singer 338 with the works but missing a
walking foot, I took it over in 80

Quilting For: on and off for 5 years

Quilt Assembly Preference: rotary cut, paper piecing and hand quilting

Quilt Style Preference: anything that catches my eye

Colour Preference: any color as long as it goes well with what I am doing

Skill Level: Novice Beginner with High expectations

Posting/Reading frequency: Read daily, post in fits

Interests other thank quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading, photography,
beading, knitting, oh heck lets say anything to do hand wise

Pet Peeves: People who stand to close or come up behind me( ok those are
minor) Drivers who think they own the road and pedestrians who think they
own the road.

TV Shows: ER, CSI, CSI Miami, Simply Quilts, Sugar

Drive A: Chrysler Daytona ( named Dexter) and don't tell me that no one else
names their car

Favorite Quote: Minds like parachutes work only when open, no idea who came
up with that one and my fav of When Life gets you down , get up and mambo
who I attribute to John Candy

--
When life gets you down , Get up and Mambo
John Candy

Old October 15th 03, 06:44 AM
K. Reece

I'll play too.
Name: Kathy Reece

Home: Lakin Kansas

Occupation: tax preparer

Age: 46

Past Lives: bartender, juvenile transport, taxi driver, a couple of
different retail type jobs.

Family: DH, 2 sons, 29 & 28, 3 granddaughters, 2, 7, & 10 and one deranged
daughter in law.

Food: Chinese, Mexican, Italian and my own cooking

QI's: 2 cats, Belle and Beast. They're sister and brother and are 9.

Machine(s): a Pfaff 2030

Quilting For: I pieced my first quilt in 1979. It got quilted in 1999 and
I've been quilting since.

Quilt Assembly: machine piecing, machine quilting or hand quilting
depending on the quilt.

Quilt Style Preference: ABA - anything but APPLIQUE! Gotta go with this
one!

Colour Preference: as a rule I like most colors except I'm not real fond of
blue. I don't like dull colors or that 30s stuff.

Skill level: intermediate

Posting/Reading frequency: I try to pop in and catch up every day or so. I
don't have as much time to reply though.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: reading, crochet,
cooking, gardening.

Pet Peeves: I have a few pet peeves, we'll just leave it at that.

TV Shows: CSI, ER, all the Law & Orders, American Dreams, Third Watch

Drive A: 1996 2 door Saturn

Favorite Quote: mmmmmmmmmm, can't think of one right now

Old October 15th 03, 06:53 AM
juliasb(nospam)

What and give up some of the most perfect s.e.x a woman could ever have??!!!
The stash guards are always present. Bambi comes out of the woods
almost daily just to be sure that all is safe. And if one of the
babmi's are not available there are plenty of other critters here in our
woods to protect the stash if I am ever away.
juliasb

Kathy Applebaum wrote:

"juliasb(nospam)" wrote in message

Stash: Sizable (about 1500 yds of wonderful fabric) all of which I plan
to use in quilts!!!

And what did you say your address was again? I'll gas up the stashraidmobile
while you're emailing it...

--
come and journey with me...
from darkness into New Life