A walk(ing foot) in the park

Old October 14th 03, 01:01 AM
KittyG

That sounds great Diana! I'm having trouble finding a walking foot for my
Brother, not a lot of info on the website (not one of their expensive ones
so very little on it !) so I know what it's like. Great it makes the MQ job
so much easier, one day, one day....

kitty in phx
--
Remove "s" in email to respond.
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

Old October 14th 03, 01:17 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Ok. I'll say it. It was Miss Teresa!

There. So, after a little practice, you can quilt my quilt.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Bernie, the Bernina needed a walking foot. The Queen of Squishies found

one
for me on ebay that would fit the older model that I have but I didnt win
the auction. However she had me enlist the aid of one of our members here

help me figure out if it was the right walking foot for my model. She was

so
much help that even tho I didnt buy the ebay one I decided to treat Bernie
to a brand new, made just for a Bernina brand name walking foot..and I
thought "who better to buy it from than the helpful lady who was so

generous
with her time earlier?!" (she knows who she is and I hope she knows how
grateful I am for her help, I would mention her by name but Im not sure of
the ettiquette of it) ...anyway, today I put the foot to the test and did
some straight line quilting on a baby quilt. Ohhhhh.. what a difference!!!

liked it! A LOT!
I also used it to sew some gingham and it kept the checks lined up
beautifully. I am going to love having this foot.
I wanted one for just about forever but the fact that to buy one through

catalog meant I had to buy not only a foot but also an adapter.. well.

..that
didnt sit well with me.
Happy Feet dancing in the autumn leaves!!!!
How did a walking foot change your life?
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old October 14th 03, 01:52 AM
Diana Curtis

Default A walk(ing foot) in the park

Bernie, the Bernina needed a walking foot. The Queen of Squishies found one
for me on ebay that would fit the older model that I have but I didnt win
the auction. However she had me enlist the aid of one of our members here to
help me figure out if it was the right walking foot for my model. She was so
much help that even tho I didnt buy the ebay one I decided to treat Bernie
to a brand new, made just for a Bernina brand name walking foot..and I
thought "who better to buy it from than the helpful lady who was so generous
with her time earlier?!" (she knows who she is and I hope she knows how
grateful I am for her help, I would mention her by name but Im not sure of
the ettiquette of it) ...anyway, today I put the foot to the test and did
some straight line quilting on a baby quilt. Ohhhhh.. what a difference!!! I
liked it! A LOT!
I also used it to sew some gingham and it kept the checks lined up
beautifully. I am going to love having this foot.
I wanted one for just about forever but the fact that to buy one through a

Old October 14th 03, 01:52 AM
frood

I love my Viking Walking foot. I bought a generic one for Margarita, and the
toes of the feet are a bit crooked so it is hard to stay on target. If I
find a better one, I'll buy it! I think walking feet are great!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old October 14th 03, 03:17 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Diana Curtis" wrote:

[...]

I was lucky that when I bought my Bernina a few years ago, someone on
this list sold me her walking foot for a reasonable price. It's worth
its weight in gold! I just finished straight-line quilting the pieces of
a jacket (a chevron pattern for the quilting), and it would never have
turned out so well (and easily) without the walking foot.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net
Old October 14th 03, 03:35 AM
Diana Curtis

Oh, thank you!
for both things. :-)
Diana

Old October 14th 03, 11:29 AM
Kate Dicey

Diana Curtis wrote:

[...]

They are good, aren't they!

My first walking foot project was with velvet... Nuff said!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old October 14th 03, 01:51 PM
DDM

I use a Pfaff so the walking foot is built in and called the Integrated Dual
Feed. I just love that feature and use it for most of the regular piecing
too. The only time I don't use it (aside from free motion work) is when I
want the feed dogs to ease in some extra material on the bottom layer for
me. Best yet is the way you can engage or disengage the WF without having
to take the fabric out of the machine. Also it's quiet. I had a generic WF
for my old machine and that sucker made more noise than 2 medium sized boys,
a dog, 3 cats and a parrot. Clackety-clack, clackety-clack, clackety-clack.

Dee in LeRoy, NY (no, there are no parrots, dogs or cats here, but the 2
medium sized boys can sound like there are)

Old October 14th 03, 01:57 PM
Queen of Squishies

I am totally pleased with my walking foot. Since I put it on, it hasn't
been off! I use it for seams, for binding, for quilting, for paper piecing.
I think for paper piecing (and of course for quilting) was the biggest
change in my life. Now the layers just go right through so easily! Happy
for you Diana! And thank-you to the anonymous RCTQ'r for helping her!
(wink - I know who you are too, Miss Helpful)

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is scrambled. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net