FeatherWeight Qwners

Old December 22nd 03, 11:14 PM
aluap

Taria, do you have the URL for Featherweight Fanatics?

Paula

"Taria" wrote in message
If you guys aren't on Featherweight Fanatic you might try it to find there
is a lot of info there. I think it is free for the first month and then

$12
a year. The Nancy Srebro Johnson book a small amount of money
and time to save a lot of $ on repair too. I can almost hear little
FW's all over the country purring away!
Taria

aluap wrote:

Linda, Hopefully the manual that comes with Maxine will tell me how to
correctly "lube" her if she needs it! I haven't oiled a machine since

my
mother's old Singer.

Your friend will be in my prayers too.

Paula

"nana2b" wrote in message
Hi Paula, The pillows are Embroidered and quilted. When you get your

FW
look on the underside next to the fold up area. There is a little

plate
with the number on it. I am amazed everytime I sew with Goldie.

Today I
had the city inspector for our new roof. He recognized the FW and

said
his
wife sewed on hers for alot of years. Couldn't wear it out.

When I got my second one ,Jack, I was brave enough to completely clean

and
lube the machine. It was fairly clean but had some crusty stuff on

the
gears. Ran much better after the bath. Still have a noise issue at

the
belt. Have to change it I think. I want to try it myself before I

take
it
in.

Sadly I, too, have a friend with Cancer. I made her a flannel hug

quilt
with a Giraffe on it from Whimsical Kingdom, Bernina. She loves

Giraffes.
She has a tumor on the femar of her left leg and although they are

Chemo-ing
the heck out of it, it is not shrinking. I think the next step will

be to
take the leg. Hopefully that will save her life. She is a very nice
person. I have her in my prayers daily.

Nice to meet you. If you want to talk E-mail me at

sugarpiemomataolcom.
Put
in the symbols and dots.

--