FeatherWeight Qwners

Old October 12th 03, 10:31 PM
Susan Laity Price

Just took my Featherweight on vacation. Sewing while looking out at
the changing leaves on the mountain and knowing that the maid will
come in tomorrow and clean the room. It can't get much better.

I have two Featherweights. My husband bought me one for my 50th
birthday. He went on the internet and located one made the same month
I was born. He gave it to me in public announcing that it was an
antique made the same year I was born! He could have left that last
part off. Later I purchased one from the estate of one of my students.
I knew she used one in class so called her son to ask if anyone in the
family wanted it. I wanted it because it had belonged to a special
lady. Now when I teach classes as a charity project I can use the
older machines. I always hate to take my expensive, multi-stitch
machine to an area where I know the women could never afford such
machines. I want them to know that they can use an older machine as
long as it has an even straight stitch.

Susan
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:45:56 GMT, Bonnie
wrote:

Hi All,
I was wondering how many Featherweight
owners are there in this group?
I have just made the winning bid on one
on EBay and I'm very eager to get my
hands on the machine!

Old October 12th 03, 11:40 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Hmm.... Would she be paying ONLY the shipping costs? ;^) I have a line
forming at the door, no shipping required.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
I know someone who might take it off your hands.. :-)
She would give it a good home, and pay all the shipping costs.
BEG
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old October 12th 03, 11:51 PM
SandySmth

I have one Featherweight and several other older Singer machines.

Sandy
in Chapel Hill, NC

"Bonnie" wrote:
Hi All,
I was wondering how many Featherweight
owners are there in this group?
I have just made the winning bid on one
on EBay and I'm very eager to get my
hands on the machine!
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old October 13th 03, 12:32 AM
Mary in Rock Island IL

One, a Centennial model which belonged to DH's grandmother.

Mary
Old October 13th 03, 01:10 AM
Diana Curtis

I know someone who might take it off your hands.. :-)
She would give it a good home, and pay all the shipping costs.
BEG
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
I have one for now.

Old October 13th 03, 01:35 AM
frood

I have my local guru looking for one. I've told him that cosmetics are
unimportant, as I want to have it re-painted, but mechanical workings must
be very good.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old October 13th 03, 01:39 AM
Elizabeth

Me - got mine for $20 at a garage sale.

--
Elizabeth

For yesterday is but a dream,
And tomorrow is only a vision:
But today well lived
Makes every yesterday a dream of happiness,
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.

Look well, therefore, to this day.