OT New QI!

Old September 7th 03, 03:14 PM
taria

Mungo is a great name. Follows my two syllable animal name
rule. Glad to hear the kids are enjoying him. Guess you'll
get your chance to play when most of the kids go to school
tomorrow! Keep us updated
Taria

frood wrote:

We have named the dog Mungo MacDuff - we call him Mungo. It's an old family
name - I had a great-great uncle named Mungo. He has taken well to his new
name, and is having a ball playing with the kids.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old September 7th 03, 08:10 PM
Pat in Virginia

Ha ... our rule is that everyone in family have the same middle
initial ... C.
So we used the middle name Commando for our Dachshund Tank. That
was a good match.
Poor Scruffy got to be Scruffy Cuddles or Scruffy Cookie ...
depending on who was calling him. LOL

BTW: I do like the name Mungo Mac Duff. Mungo!! Kewl.
PAT

frood wrote:

Not to mention the 5-letter name rule of everybody else in the house!

Old September 7th 03, 08:41 PM
Patti

Oh I love that, Wendy.
He looks exactly like a 'Mungo'. Glad you're all having such a great
time with him. Lucky little muttley!!
..
In article , frood
writes
We have named the dog Mungo MacDuff - we call him Mungo. It's an old family
name - I had a great-great uncle named Mungo. He has taken well to his new
name, and is having a ball playing with the kids.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 7th 03, 09:19 PM
DDM

I wondered if the 5 letter name rule would apply to QIs also, Wendy. He
sounds like a good addition to the family.

Dee in LeRoy, NY (where the neighbor's cat tried to adopt us the other day)

om...

Old September 7th 03, 10:45 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I knew you'd beat me to this. I had puter probs same time as you. Verizon
had a prob with OE.

Oh well, now there are 2 posts.
--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

Old September 7th 03, 11:15 PM
Donna in Idaho

That's the reason Picabo Street is named Picabo - she needed a name!!! Her
family had not named her. They needed to get her a passport - for some
reason the U S Gubberment required a name on the passport, so they called
her Picabo after the town near where they lived which is near Sun Valley,
Idaho! Always wondered what they called the poor child before the
Gubberment forced them to name her!

--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

Old September 8th 03, 01:26 PM
Pat in Virginia

Donna: Maybe they just called her "Baby." I'd heard the delayed
name story too, but with different source. The version I heard is
that Picabo is for the baby game of Peek-A-boo! which the child
loved to play. Well, so do most babies but I haven't noticed that
name winning the baby name race this year or any year!
PAT, but you can call me "Here, take my stash!" .... now that's a
nice name, after my favorite game

Old September 10th 03, 12:50 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Well, so much for feeling special!

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

"frood" wrote in message
om...
You were the only one I could ask - I was on DH's computer and didn't have
any email addresses. Since you had sent me mail, I could just reply.

Thanks
for trying!