OT splainin'

Old August 10th 03, 06:30 AM
Diana Curtis

Just about even Id say.
Next time DH changes my dressing Ive asked him to snap a pic of the site,
just for you!
:-)
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Elena" wrote in message
Is there a reason you shouldn't be so open with your feelings?
Not a one in the world!
Especially here, where you are so obviously loved and treasured and

pampered
as much as we can. You wrote to someone else that this newsgroup is what
you put into it, and that they were a positive. Well so are you! VERY
positive, and we can all use more of that in our lives. So just keep

right
on healing and draining and eating right so that we can get back to

spoiling
each other here and the rest of the support group ( Families and friends )
that have the happy good luck to live near you.

((( gentle hugs )))
Elena
Gee I'm so competitive. Was that more effusive than you? grins

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Im going to do a quick explanation with no gory details about my

operation
so everyone knows that I didnt get sent through a wringer. I had the

type
of
gall bladder removal they used to do, and still do sometimes, instead of

the
easier to recover from laparoscopic type they prefer to do. So, instead

of
set of tiny cuts I have a larger one, stapled shut, and two drain sites.

The
other part of the operation was a strange one where they ran a camera

and
other gizmos to the site of the stones via the mouth and got some out of

the
ducts. The reason my gall bladder needed this more invasive set of
procedures was simply that there were so many stones and because they

were
large. Coctail onion size they said.
While in the hospital I thought about what might and could happen while

in
surgery. I guess its inevitable to face ones own mortality, especially

when
we know we would leave precious little ones behind, but when I read the
messages Mike printed and brought in from all of you I realized two

things.
Many of you had lived through these procedures and are happy for having

done
so. Second, I was not going to entertain the notion of leaving. Dying

was
not an option. I learned too that love can float around me and cradle me

in
times of fear. I felt very little. I dont know, or care what diety or

entity
you sent your prayers towards. I still feel them. They help me heal,

because
a body cant help but heal better when it feels happy, valued and loved.
hmm...people have accused me of being effusive. Ill add maudlin to that
list. Its your own problem if it seems over the top. In fact.. let me

know
if its over the top and Ill privately email you with MORE!
buwahahahahahaha!!!
hey, I dont LIKE whats happened to me... it hurts, but dang, you guys

know
how to do that love thing so nicely.
My individual thanks will come as I have time and energy. I have a lot

of
them to do. I will do them with joy. Its so odd to feel so wonderfully
happy.
my love to you
Diana
I should probably let this sit overnight to edit later when Im not so

high..
but.. i dont know.. is there a reason why I should not be this open with

my
feelings?

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old August 10th 03, 08:37 AM
Patti

Wonderful word, Nurse!!
I love words.
..
In article , Nurse Ratched
writes
they ran a camera and
other gizmos to the site of the stones via the mouth

Your vocabulary word for today is "esophagogastroduodenoscopy", more
commonly--and much more easily--referrred to as "E.G.D."

Nurse Ratched (remove "cuckoo" from address to reply)
We'll all get back to normal if we put our nation first,
But the trouble with "normal" is, it always gets worse. ~Bruce Cockburn

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 10th 03, 08:46 AM
Patti

Dear Diana
Thanks for this from the heart message. It is so good to know what the
vibes and prayers and good thoughts feel like from the sufferer's end.
You be yourself. I can be a 'gusher' too. Embarrasses the heck out of
DH!! (just about the only thing that does g). And, I was born into,
and married into, a family of non-demonstrative, non-volatile people!!!
Any time you feel like an 'effuse', you indulge it - let me know and
I'll join in with you!!! I'm so glad you didn't edit out your true
feelings.
However, that being said, the thoughts from us, and your response, are
none the less sincere and true for being emotional.
..
In article , Diana Curtis
writes
Im going to do a quick explanation with no gory details about my operation
so everyone knows that I didnt get sent through a wringer. I had the type of
gall bladder removal they used to do, and still do sometimes, instead of the
easier to recover from laparoscopic type they prefer to do. So, instead of a

Old August 10th 03, 12:53 PM
Queen of Squishies

Keep your quilts, I want some of those pills.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Forget the engraved note card. When she's better, I want a quilt! (and boy
does she sound high! LOL)

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

Old August 10th 03, 12:55 PM
Queen of Squishies

OW! I hurt my mouth trying to say that word.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old August 10th 03, 05:35 PM
Don/Gen

Sorry on this one Nurse--you're close, but it's an ERCP--endoscopic
retrograde cholangiopancreatography. My DH is a radiologic PA and has
assisted on hundreds of these. E.G.D.s are more for diagnosis, but will
remove some stones from the common bile duct, but not the gallbladder.
Gen

Old August 10th 03, 06:00 PM
Sandy Foster

It's so good to hear that you're feeling all of the "vibes" each and
every one of us sent. Don't overdo -- take it easy -- get well soon!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster
Old August 10th 03, 07:24 PM
Ann

Welcome back Diana. So glad that you are back at home.

When I had my gallbaldder out, which was the easy route op., I laid around
for a few hours after I returned home, and all I could think of was
chocolate, so made one of those heavenly rich Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
(extra caramels and choc of course to ease the pain and suffering!!)

Diana make sure you pamper yourself real good

Ann

Old August 10th 03, 09:06 PM
DDM

Oh, now you're gonna go and make poor Diana laugh if she reads what you
wrote, Wendy.
And it hurts to laugh after having surgery....a lot.
Besides, don't you want those fancy engraved thank you notecards to be hand
delivered on a silver platter by the footman? Maybe they'll be delivering
some Margarootles too. g

Dee in LeRoy, NY (on the lookout for a good Margarootle delivery myself)

"frood" wrote in message
m...
Hang on, speak for yoursel', Bfly! I wanna be thanked right and proper,
fancy engraved notecards an' all! After all, it ain't easy sending out

these
good vibes and cyber-squatches!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Butterfly" wrote in message
WHOA! STOP!
If I have learned one thing from this group......it is this...it is NOT
necessary to try to answer each and everyone one of us. Conserve your
energy and get well.
THAT alone is thanks enuf for us : )
Very gentle hugs
Butterfly (You're welcome)

Old August 10th 03, 09:15 PM
DDM

Youch! What you're saying is that you had the yucky old fashioned, takes a
while to recuperate
operation instead of the newer "it was a breeze, you'll only be down for a
couple of hours" one.
You'll know it's healing nicely when it doesn't hurt so much to laugh.

Dee in LeRoy, NY