Need help from quilters.. Heart Quilt Blocks in trade for donation please read!

Old August 9th 03, 09:54 PM
Charlie

"Cheyne" wrote in message
om...

Logically make sense ... nope... dont throw stones.. I didnt write
that... go ahead and post the whole email...

You scare me. It's like you have two personalities.

Charlie.

Old August 9th 03, 09:55 PM
Charlie

Most Usenet groups are "no-ads" groups. And there isn't a "Usenet charter"
every single group has it's own.

Charlie.

wrote in message
I'm trying to get clear on some of this topic.

As I read the quote from the charter that was posted on this thread, I
don't see any "no selling/advertising" language. The "no
selling/advertising" part seems to come from "ground rules" (made by
whom? binding on whom?) at some later date. Or am I missing something?

The Usenet FAQ mention that advertising may be treated with disdain and
is discouraged, but is not necessarily forbidden. There was even a
mention in the FAQ that a brief, one-time advertisement would not
usually be cause for abuse. Again, did I miss something?

As I reviewed this thread, it did go on quite a while, and got sarcastic
and disrespectful, before anyone actually mentioned to Cheyne that her
advertising was "against the rules." The conversaton among the RCTQ
insiders treated these rules as though they should be universally known.
A newsgroup newbie might not even know there are FAQ. (I have no idea
how new Cheyne may be; perhaps she *should" have known better.)

I don't know if Cheyne is for real or not, but more clarity and
gentleness on our part at the very beginning of this thread might have
kept the heat down.

Philip

Old August 9th 03, 10:07 PM
Charlie

Nah, Queen of the Dramatics - then she can still be the wardrobe mistress of
the chocolate buttons!

Charlie.

"Elena" wrote in message
How about Queen of Polite Insistence and Very Big Teeth. LOL

Hi Kate!!

Elena

"Ruth in Happy Camp" wrote in message
I think we oughta elect Kate our official mouthpiece. (Can't come up

with
an appropriate "queen of . . . " word.)
--
Ruth in Happy Camp
"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Thank you Kate. PAT

Old August 9th 03, 10:10 PM
Charlie

"Cheyne" wrote in message
om...
Okay let me try to rephrase this for you... so you understand what I
am saying.. when you sign up for any group.. via internet... You have
to click a button that says terms of agreement..

Um, lets see, NO you don't!

Charlie.

Old August 9th 03, 10:42 PM
nzl*

eh? me too subtle for you? well that must change immediately.
now then what can i do to change from being subtle.
ya know i'm fresh outta ideas today however i'd gladly accept any from
one and all and they'll not cost ya to send'em in.

in the meantime i've been mulling over doing a sorta stained glass hawaiian
type block. i'm thinking...make a 14inch qst in two colours. then sew a big
piece of black over the front but just round the edges for stabilizing the
whole thing. then draw designs on the black, snip out the middle pieces and
reverse applique that black outta the way so the colours show thru. geez, i
hope thats clearly subtle enough or subltly clear enough even.

with the quarters in two colours opposite one another...
do i do two different designs as well or just the same in all quadrants.
decisions, decisions.

another thot i had was to start sewing all my lovely scraps from all round
the rctq world and then with black over them just randomly reverse applique
some design as the mood takes me. oh must be careful i dont have seams
showing thru, that would look so tacky.
all your thoughts would be much appreciated.
did i not consider some essential ingredient?
you got some other ideas re similar project?
come on folks put yer thunking (sic) caps on please.
hugz to the bestest ng in the world.
jeanne*
--
RCTQ Houston 2004 Party Animals
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail....

"Dr. Quilter" wrote ...
| yup, nzl, reserved is the word I would use to define you. kind of
| 'subtle' for myself... )
| --
| Dr. Quilter
| Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

| nzl* wrote:
| i started a reply the other day to her original post, as i often do to
spam
| here.
| i got lost in the mix of 'sales and donations'.
| i'm glad you've explained the general position of rctq so eloquently for
| me/us, Kate.
| can we add this to our 'files' for future reference/use if its ever
required
| again.
| hugz, Kate.
| jeanne
| nzl*
| currently showing as #13 on the list of frequent posters but i'm sure
thats incorrect as i'm so quiet and reserved most of the time, just sitting
off in the corner twinkling, munchin' on cyber chocolate and fondling fabric
with
| glee

---

Old August 9th 03, 10:48 PM
Kate Dicey

Charlie wrote:

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message

There is only one way to keep weigh off once we have lost it: a life
time of self discipline. Sounds hard, but all the surgery in the world
won't keep the weight off if there's no discipline to go with it. One
of my primary motivators at present is pain: if I eat the wrong stuff,
my gall bladder will create merry hell, and I do NOT want to go there
again! If I weigh more, I have more trouble with my fibo. That too can
be VERY painful, so I don't want to go there too much either. It can be
very hard, but with health issues, one has to be sensible.

I agree Kate, I'm following BF's mums advice and I'm cutting down on dairy
products to help my once-monthly-pain-in-the-stomaches. Mines not so bad as
you, but I understand what you mean about planning. I have to send my dad
off with a shopping list for me now!

Charlie.

Luckily I have sorted that
never-was-once-a-month-just-turned-up-when-it-felt-like-it pain and
jolly goings on that could go on for up to nine days, including several
days of severe flood warnings, throwing up, and feeling like dying would
be a soft option, and ending up anaemic AGAIN! 33 years of it was quite
sufficient, thankyouverymuch! Whatever works, do! If that means no
more 6 oz lumps of cheddar as a midnight snack, so be it! If that means
water or squash rather than full fat milk shake, do it! If that means a
gentle smear of sump oil on the sarnies rather than a 3 oz slab of
butter, I'm cheering you on! A side effect may be a smaller size in
knickers, but hey - unless you are under weight already, that's a
bonus! Maybe the joint pain in your knees will also subside a bit!
Here's hoping!

I'm feeling prickly today - the gall bladder has been acting up a wee
bit, despite me being V_E_R_Y careful since the hospital episode. Maybe
I'm suffering from a severe attack of bridesmaids again!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old August 9th 03, 11:17 PM
Sharon Harper

Tasmania - just off the south coast of Oz - a beautiful place with lovely
people, gorgeous parks and gardens, and lots and lots of quilt shops!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"Miriam "Mim" Spencer" wrote in message
.. .
where's Tassie?? somewhere I should know about??

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Yup! Rewarded myself plenty at the show Jayne and I went to a couple

weeks
back and am looking forward to rewarding myself at another in September

and
then all through our Holiday in Tassie (never realised there were so

many
LQS down there!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals
"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Sharon:
Mazel Tov!! I am proud of you. Are you rewarding your success
with quilt books and fabric? You deserve it.

Now I have to leave for monthly Day Guild Meeting. We have to
bring 'Dogs' .... weird/funky/ugly projects. I have one to show
... wonder if it will be voted "Least Likely to Get Into
Houston!"

LOL ... Have a great quilty day y'all! PAT in VA/USA

Sharon Harper wrote:

Okay, I'm going to step in here and reveal a secret - my starting

weight
at
WW. ...cut...
added up to going from a tight size 26 to a comfortable size 18 in

six
months. And what's better - IT HASN'T COME BACK!!

Old August 9th 03, 11:21 PM
nzl*

Tassie is what the locals call Tasmania. that big bit danglin' off the
bottom of australia with lots of those little devils running riot round the
landscape, lol.
jeanne*
--
RCTQ Houston 2004 Party Animals
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail....
but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
"Damn...that was fun!"
i'll be there!!! will you???

"Miriam "Mim" Spencer" wrote...

Old August 10th 03, 12:32 AM
CNYstitcher

Sounds like you wanna do something along th elines of a Panamanian Mola.
If I remember correctly, theirs are actuallly done with multiple
layers of fabrics (different colors) but with black as the top layer,
and then they cut through in the design that they want.....what color
they want determines the number of layers they cut through.

Old August 10th 03, 12:43 AM
Miriam \Mim\ Spencer

I've already decided that one trip won't be enough -- Tassie will have to
wait for the next one !! :-) :-)

Mim