OT need recipe

Old August 9th 03, 09:07 AM
earthmagic

Default OT need recipe

Does anybody have a recipe for cooked cold pasta spirals in a salad? I had
something like this in an eatery, but it wasn't the sort of place you could
ask for the recipe. The place was very busy all the time. Thank you muchly.

earthmagic in oz

Old August 9th 03, 01:07 PM
Polly Esther

Goodness, earthmagic, that question is about like, "what color fabric do I
use in a quilt?". You could conduct experiments, many of them edible, on
pasta for years. You can add salt to the water you use to cook the pasta. Or
butter or olive oil, or not. Dill, oregano, crab boil, garlic?
You can drain the pasta. Some say,"rinse under cold running water". Some
say this removes the starchy coating on the cooked pasta and the dressing
won't stick as well.
If you get through those decisions, then there's what to add. Seafood?
Ah, yes. Lobster. Pretty little pink shrimp. Crab, real or fake? Both are
good. And what about a bit of diced bell pepper? or onion? Do you sauté the
pepper and onion? I do, but that's just a matter of choice, or digestion.
Chopped tomato, parsley?
Then, there's dressing. Bottled, homemade? If homemade, do you want a
cooked one or one that you just shake or do you want to get out the blender?
Is raw egg one of the ingredients? Are you going to kill anybody?
Gee, I hope I don't have to make any decisions today. Now, as to the
recipes - I will just sit here and enjoy the other responses. Always eager
to try a new recipe. Polly

Old August 9th 03, 02:29 PM
ME-Judy

I make what I call a "noodle salad" - using the cooked (and chilled) pasta
spirals....
Just add any of the following that suits you: shredded carrots, chopped
green pepper, cucumber chunks, chopped chives, tomato bits, olive
slices......
Add enough "Italian" dressing to make it moist. (I use a "Good Seasons
Italian" dressing - but made with chive vinegar.)
ME-Judy

Old August 9th 03, 04:03 PM
CNYstitcher

One that gets eaten around here is really easy to make. Since not
everyone likes mayo in their salads, I use italian salad dressing.

Start with the tri-color spiral pasta (though you don't need to use the
tri-color). Cook as you would normally and allow to drain and cool (it
can be put in the fridge for a while if you wish. Cut tomatoes,
cucumbers, carrots (and DH likes olives added) into small pieces.
Combine the veggis into a bowl that can hold them all plus dressing, and
completely cover with the dressing. Once the pasta has cooled, stir in
the veggies and dressing and serve. Sometimes, friends have wanted more
dressing, so I always have an extra bottle for them to use.

Larisa

Old August 9th 03, 04:16 PM
Kate Dicey

earthmagic wrote:

Does anybody have a recipe for cooked cold pasta spirals in a salad? I had
something like this in an eatery, but it wasn't the sort of place you could
ask for the recipe. The place was very busy all the time. Thank you muchly.

earthmagic in oz

This is what I usually do:

500g fusili (spirals), cooked until a little firmer than usual... 'bout
8 minutes, drained and cooled

1 onion, chopped fine
a teacup full of each of the following:
toasted pine nuts, flaked almonds, raisins or sultanas, chopped dried
apricots, sliced black olives
a red pepper, diced finely
half a cucumber, diced finely

Dressing:

4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
a large crushed clove of garlic
a teaspoon of sugar
salt and pepper

Mix the whole lot together and allow to mature in the fridge for an hour
or two. Keeps a couple of days if there's any left!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old August 9th 03, 04:20 PM
Jim Ball

"earthmagic" wrote in message
Does anybody have a recipe for cooked cold pasta spirals in a salad?

Earth magic
I make a great salad using the tri colour fusilli

1 pkg fusilli pasta (prepared al dente rinsed and cooled) 450 gm.
2 ripe tomatoes (large dice)
3 peppers (green, red and yellow) (large dice)
1 cucumber (large dice skin on or off)
1 red onion (large dice)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
Black olives sliced (amount optional and to taste)
50 -60gr Feta cheese crumbled (about 1"X1"x2"chunk)

~ 3/4 cup bottled Italian or even better Roasted Red Pepper) salad dressing.

Refrigerate to let flavour mix. Easy colourful and a big hit at pot lucks
or buffets.

Brenda

Old August 9th 03, 04:22 PM
Ann

If it's one of those "chain" restaurants, check out
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/
http://www.copykat.com/
http://www.idunno4recipes.com/RecipeReplicas.htm

Here's one for the Quilters..............CHOCOLATE
http://www.justchocolaterecipes.com/

Old August 9th 03, 08:30 PM
Dr. Quilter

cook the pasta, let cool. add olive oil and salt. mix with chopped black
olives, tomatoes, cubed mozarella.... yummy!

earthmagic wrote:
Does anybody have a recipe for cooked cold pasta spirals in a salad? I had
something like this in an eatery, but it wasn't the sort of place you could
ask for the recipe. The place was very busy all the time. Thank you muchly.

earthmagic in oz

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old August 10th 03, 12:37 AM
earthmagic

Well, all I can say is 'mmmm...sounds YUMMY!' I'm going to try them all.
Thanks to everyone.

earthmagic in oz

Old August 10th 03, 05:56 AM
melinda

earthmagic wrote:
Does anybody have a recipe for cooked cold pasta spirals in a salad? I had
something like this in an eatery, but it wasn't the sort of place you could
ask for the recipe. The place was very busy all the time. Thank you muchly.

earthmagic in oz

I know a simple but tasty one that is basically pasta, egg, chives and
ceaser salad dressing/mayonaise (50/50). I can't check the reciepe ATM,
but I will later if interested. I could probably find others as well.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

Recipe Collecting clancy Needlework 0 March 13th 04 03:46 PM
glas FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 October 16th 03 07:50 PM
Glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 1 September 18th 03 04:16 PM
glaze FAQ's Tom Buck Pottery 0 August 18th 03 01:26 AM
glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 July 18th 03 05:40 AM