Tooting my horn a little (on topic)

Old July 22nd 03, 09:50 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Hmmmmmm....... You mean bigger than the last one, huh?

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
. com...

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
See? That's why I'm willing to grovel and scrape for another (larger)

Kathy
quilt!

The problem is that it takes more than a little grovel and scrape to get a
*larger* quilt from me!

Of course, if I thought I'd be getting a quilt in return, especially one
with one lovely hand work on it...

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old July 22nd 03, 11:27 PM
Sandy Foster

In article m,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

Toot! Toot!

Sunday was a good day for my ego. (Monday was too, but it was also a day
from h***, so it didn't count! LOL)

One customer dropped by to say a quilt I did for her several years ago took
Best of Show in her guild's show. A couple of hours later, another customer
called to let me know that one I did for her not only made it into the
California State Fair this year, but took a first in group quilts. Yippee!

Guess that means I'll have to go to the state fair for the first time since
high school marching band, when we had to march there in 105 degree weather
in wool uniforms...

Monday I got a call from a customer -- "When my daughter picked up her
quilt, she started crying" Uh oh! What did I do???? "She loves it -- it's so
beautiful!" Whew!!!!!

Good for you, Kathy! What a terrific day it must have been for you! And
every bit of it was deserved, too, I'll bet. However, I'm perfectly
willing to make a more scientific assessment -- just send me a quilted
quilt for me to try out!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster

Old July 23rd 03, 01:52 AM
Shawn

Toot away, Kathy :-) It's always great to get an 'atta girl'.

Shawn

--
mslibra
www.cutcakes.ca

y.com...

Old July 23rd 03, 02:00 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Well, you send it to me and I'll make sure I pass it on to the next person
in turn. ;^)

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
om...

Between you, LN, and everyone else, sounds like I'll have to do a joint
custody quilt. Let's see -- you'll get it every Monday and also on
Thanksgiving, someone will get it Tuesdays and for two weeks in July...

Old July 23rd 03, 03:35 AM
DDM

Good for you, Kathy! How nice that the judges confirmed what we've known
all along.
You could always wear wool to the fair for that full blast of nostalgia.

Dee in LeRoy, NY

Old July 23rd 03, 04:22 AM
KCK

We "band people" do indeed stick together, as it never ceases to amaze
me how often I learn that someone I really like was also in marching
band.

Good on ya for the recognition! You deserve it, Kathy!

--

KCK ( in Texas)
Take out the DOG before sending email

Website: http://kckintz.home.att.net/

Old July 23rd 03, 06:13 AM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

Why, Kathy, *we* are not surprised..... were you???? wink, wink

Hugs and congrats on your lover-ly work,

Leslie and The Furbabies

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old July 23rd 03, 08:25 AM
Patti

Congratulations, Kathy.
How lovely that you got some great feedback.
I bet lots of wonderful things happen to the quilts you do for 'people',
but you never get to hear about it.
..
In article m, Kathy
Applebaum writes
Toot! Toot!

Sunday was a good day for my ego. (Monday was too, but it was also a day
from h***, so it didn't count! LOL)

One customer dropped by to say a quilt I did for her several years ago took
Best of Show in her guild's show. A couple of hours later, another customer
called to let me know that one I did for her not only made it into the
California State Fair this year, but took a first in group quilts. Yippee!

Guess that means I'll have to go to the state fair for the first time since
high school marching band, when we had to march there in 105 degree weather
in wool uniforms...

Monday I got a call from a customer -- "When my daughter picked up her
quilt, she started crying" Uh oh! What did I do???? "She loves it -- it's so
beautiful!" Whew!!!!!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 23rd 03, 03:44 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

Yahoo! I will toast your honor in dark chocolate ;-)

mmmmmmmarcella

In article m,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

Toot! Toot!

Sunday was a good day for my ego. (Monday was too, but it was also a day
from h***, so it didn't count! LOL)

One customer dropped by to say a quilt I did for her several years ago took
Best of Show in her guild's show. A couple of hours later, another customer
called to let me know that one I did for her not only made it into the
California State Fair this year, but took a first in group quilts. Yippee!

Guess that means I'll have to go to the state fair for the first time since
high school marching band, when we had to march there in 105 degree weather
in wool uniforms...

Monday I got a call from a customer -- "When my daughter picked up her
quilt, she started crying" Uh oh! What did I do???? "She loves it -- it's so
beautiful!" Whew!!!!!

AD, OT and On Topic - many posts in one! (long) Kandice Seeber Beads 33 July 11th 04 01:33 AM
Do Banner Ads Work? On topic. Lori Greenberg Beads 4 June 11th 04 12:22 AM
Tooting my own horn starlia Beads 7 February 4th 04 05:26 PM
salvaging flux plus an off topic question or 2 Jerry Jewelry 3 December 28th 03 07:32 AM
fun topic: needlework retreats... Stitch Lady Needlework 1 July 30th 03 04:23 PM