The Annual Christmas Wish List

Old December 2nd 09, 11:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Frank Reid

Default The Annual Christmas Wish List

Okay, gonna be a short Xmas this year, so lets everyone concentrate on
smaller, less expensive items. Unique, quilting related, but... what
YOU would like someone to give you.
I've already been told about one item for my brides list. (see link).
http://www.thisnext.com/item/95235D6...ng-Board-Cover

She needs a new ironing board cover? I don't think it will cover her
size board. :-)
Frank Reid
Old December 3rd 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
Frank Reid wrote:

Okay, gonna be a short Xmas this year, so lets everyone concentrate on
smaller, less expensive items. Unique, quilting related, but... what
YOU would like someone to give you.
I've already been told about one item for my brides list. (see link).
http://www.thisnext.com/item/95235D6...ng-Board-Cover

She needs a new ironing board cover? I don't think it will cover her
size board. :-)
Frank Reid

How about a Martelli rotary cutter, Frank? The web site is at
http://www.martellicatalog.com/. The cutters look odd, but I'm in love
with mine!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old December 3rd 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Frank Reid

On Dec 2, 6:23*pm, Sandy wrote:
In article
,

http://www.thisnext.com/item/95235D6...Ironing-Board-...

She needs a new ironing board cover? *I don't think it will cover her
size board. *:-)
Frank Reid

How about a Martelli rotary cutter, Frank? The web site is at
http://www.martellicatalog.com/. The cutters look odd, but I'm in love
with mine!

They look nice, but what differentiates them from a standard cutter?
Frank

Old December 3rd 09, 02:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL

Frank Reid wrote:

Okay, gonna be a short Xmas this year, so lets everyone concentrate on
smaller, less expensive items. Unique, quilting related, but... what
YOU would like someone to give you.
I've already been told about one item for my brides list. (see link).
http://www.thisnext.com/item/95235D6...ng-Board-Cover

She needs a new ironing board cover? I don't think it will cover her
size board. :-)
Frank Reid

I would like some new bobbins (and have already asked for some more
Carol Doak FPP paper).

And enough time in the day to get everything done...

Mary
Old December 3rd 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

Not sure how small 'small' is. A new sewing chair would
be a nice gift. John is the expert on those. Sometimes
replacement items are great. Wander through the sewing
area and see what looks like a new one would work.
Maybe a fresh cutting mat? New Ginghers? A nice
assortment of pretty colored thread. Those Bernina
seam rippers are very sharp when brand new. A new
lamp for some part of the room? Go watch your bride
sew for awhile and see if you can pick up some ideas.
There was talk here on music to quilt with. Maybe a new
sound system or just a cd.
Taria

Old December 3rd 09, 04:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Frank Reid

On Dec 2, 8:10*pm, "Taria" wrote:
Not sure how small 'small' is. *A new sewing chair would
be a nice gift. *John is the expert on those. *Sometimes
replacement items are great. *Wander through the sewing
area and see what looks like a new one would work.
Maybe a fresh cutting mat? *New Ginghers? *A nice
assortment of pretty colored thread. *Those Bernina
seam rippers are very sharp when brand new. *A new
lamp for some part of the room? *Go watch your bride
sew for awhile and see if you can pick up some ideas.
There was talk here on music to quilt with. *Maybe a new
sound system or just a cd.
Taria

Watch her sew? Are you kidding? All that blood, screaming and
hollaring? She and daughter watch hockey whilst sewing.
I'm thinking of a Sid Crosby Fathead for the sewing room.
Frank Reid
Old December 3rd 09, 04:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
Frank Reid wrote:

On Dec 2, 6:23*pm, Sandy wrote:
In article
,
*Frank Reid wrote:

Okay, gonna be a short Xmas this year, so lets everyone concentrate on
smaller, less expensive items. *Unique, quilting related, but... what
YOU would like someone to give you.
I've already been told about one item for my brides list. *(see link).
http://www.thisnext.com/item/95235D6...Ironing-Board-...

She needs a new ironing board cover? *I don't think it will cover her
size board. *:-)
Frank Reid

How about a Martelli rotary cutter, Frank? The web site is at
http://www.martellicatalog.com/. The cutters look odd, but I'm in love
with mine!

They look nice, but what differentiates them from a standard cutter?
Frank

The pushing is easier. It's ergonomic, too, so your hand isn't at an odd
angle. I find it so much easier to use than the ones I've used in the
past -- just wish it were as pretty as my pink Olfa cutter! G Here's
what the site says:

"Problems with arthritis, carpel tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, hand
fatigue, neck or arm pain? Then the Martelli 2000 Rotary Cutter is the
only cutter for you! Unlike traditional rotary cutters, the Ergo Cutter
is held in a natural position with your arm and hand evenly distributing
all of the pressure. Cuts round, scalloped or patterned shapes. Safe,
automatic springloaded guard closes with a flip of a finger. "

I just know that cutting isn't nearly the *work* it used to be.

Old December 3rd 09, 05:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

Alex Anderson has a new 4 in 1 tool out.
its a seam ripper, stiletto, turner and presser..
heres a link to it.
http://www.ctpub.com/productdetails.cfm?PC=1390
only $19.95
looks like a good one.
i dont think she'd have her name on any rubbish.
nayy
j.

Old December 3rd 09, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Frank Reid

On Dec 2, 10:25*pm, "J*" wrote:
Alex Anderson has a new 4 in 1 tool out.
its a seam ripper, stiletto, turner and presser..
heres a link to it.http://www.ctpub.com/productdetails.cfm?PC=1390
only $19.95
looks like a good one.
i dont think she'd have her name on any rubbish.
nayy
j.

Flashbacks of transferring 40 of her shows to DVD. Shudder.
Frank Reid
(got to see all of her hair styles)
Old December 3rd 09, 05:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

You didn't mention the most important part (to me). Is it easy to change
the blade or do you have to draw a diagram of what goes first and which side
goes down? Polly

"Sandy" wrote How about a Martelli rotary cutter, Frank? The web site
[...]

Jo's Annual Christmas Joke Polly Esther[_2_] Quilting 3 December 12th 08 08:46 PM
Frank's Annual Gift List Frank Reid Quilting 26 December 26th 07 07:19 PM
The Annual Christmas Jokes polly esther Quilting 23 December 14th 06 01:36 PM
Christmas Wish List Tina Quilting 36 November 27th 05 07:13 PM
The Annual Christmas Rant :-) Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 4 December 2nd 03 04:43 AM