OT word of the day

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 29th 09, 04:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT word of the day

Shoulder Pads

Contrary to popular opinion, the object of shoulder pads is not to
make you look like a football player.
They actually have many purposes, to provide a smooth and even
foundation for the garment to hang from if you have bumpy bony
shoulders, to compensate for uneven shoulders, to camouflage sloping
shoulders, to generally shape the shoulder area so a specific style of
sleeve hangs properly, all in addition to their purpose of modifying
the silhouette (giving you linebacker shoulders).

There are two basic types of shoulder pads, round and square. The
round ones slope gently at the outside edge, while the square ones end
sharply. They vary in size and thickness as appropriate to the
garment and the current fashion. They by no means have to be an inch
thick and made of foam rubber. I use them in almost every jacket or
coat that I make just to provide a bit of support at the shoulder
seams for both drape and seam, and often I make them no more than a
few layers of fabric thick.

--

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.

need a word nzlstar*[_2_] Quilting 6 March 20th 08 12:54 PM
OT one more new word Polly Esther[_2_] Quilting 39 March 13th 08 12:46 PM
Your Word for the Day 1/19 Karen C - California Needlework 0 January 19th 04 06:45 PM
Your Word for the Day 12/10 Karen C - California Needlework 20 December 19th 03 04:07 PM