Hair is all gone./chemo

Old June 9th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Hair is all gone./chemo

Thank you Pam...just curious did anybody ever call you Pami? I was always a
Pamela and used Pam in school but my relatives always called me Pami.

Old June 9th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Debra,
Thank you
Pami

Old June 9th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

ROFL!

Michelle in NV

Listpig wrote:
Better yet.....lurk in the shampoo aisle.....and when someone picks up a
bottle, say with a straight face "I wouldn't buy THAT brand if I were
you...."

LOL

--pig, proud of pami's spirit

On 6/7/06 20:28, in article ,
"pami" wrote:

Carole,
The hair that is on the scalp now will also fall out . I had my son
hysterical today...I told him I was going to the grocery store and with a
poker face...ask what isle the shampoo is in...
Pami

-- Megan Zurawicz
South Holland, Illinois

Old June 9th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Omigod! This is hysterical. :-)

Michelle in NV

pami wrote:
Funny story here....true...
On my Masectomy Day 05/05/06 I had my husband make me 2 stickers...both
with cows on them...one said MAD COW DISEASE and the other said GOT MILK.
I couldn't wait for the nurses to get the IV in and leave me alone before I
could put my stickers on my boobs before the surgery. I put GOT MILK on the
breast that was good and MAD COW DISEASE on the cancer breast. My surgeon
comes in just before they knocked me out and want so see what breast is
coming off...I started to laugh...and said "Oh no, you just ruined your
surprise" My surgeon got such a kick out this. I had the OR in stitches
laughing....
Pami

Old June 9th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

WOOO HOOOO what fun!!

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old June 9th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

you are a GEM Pami! thanks!! :-D

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands
Take out: so much quilting to reply.
Time to accept, time to grow, time to take things slow
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jes...pson/my_photos
Jess,
When I go I will try and get a postcard signed for ya..
Pami

Old June 9th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Pami, you be sure to tell him that there are a bunch of quilters in this
world who watch them every week! DH and I watch nearly all the time,
although it did take me a while to get to like them due to all the language
and yelling. But what they can do with a bike!!! Maybe that's why we like
them - the creativity is something we have in common.

I still think my favorite episode, though, is the one where Mikey went to
the dentist. Remember that one?

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old June 9th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OCC (Was Hair is all gone./chemo)

I talked to a friend at work who is going through treatment right now (2nd
time around, unfortunately). She does wear a wig to work, but she told me
she puts some type of oil on her head at night. She couldn't remember the
name - it was something that she bought from a friend - but she was sure
baby oil would do the same. Said it took care of the itching as the hair
started to grow out.

By the way, I told her about your "friend" and her comment, and she was in
agreement with everyone else - that's NOT a friend.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"pami" wrote in message
Louise,
You would be the same as me. Trust me.... I was scared when the doctor
told me. ll become scared on chemo days. I take my hubby and son with
me. It's just 3 hours I want to wiz on by. My friend knows somebody at
OCC and will take me next month. It will be a nice pic to frame.
Hopefully this breast cancer will be just a chapter in my life. I look
forward to grandchildren someday and that's what I told that nasty friend
who told me to offer myself up. I still have fabric to use up...hehehehe
Pamii

Old June 9th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yep, but I hear it give's a nice shine! LOL

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Treasure your Mind, Cherish your Reason, Hold to your Purpose
Epictetus (52 c.e - 135 c.e.)

"pami" wrote in message
Isn't that floor polish?

Old June 9th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Okay, where was your spew warning? LOL

--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

Treasure your Mind, Cherish your Reason, Hold to your Purpose
Epictetus (52 c.e - 135 c.e.)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
Have you tried "Mop 'n Glow"? Polly

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote I use a little gel, more for the