Weird Tools we use

Old March 14th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Weird Tools we use

Okay, weird tools my wife uses:
Husband - automatic fabric folder
Husband - pin cushion
Husband - accent fabric chooser (thats worse than "does this dress make
me look fat?")
Husband - cutting table fabricator (hey, I used fabric in that one)
Husband - NQA volunteer (that one ended up with a repair job in the ER)
Husband - quilt show driver
Husband - fabric shelf installer
Husband - giant "quilters' jewel" lint brush and collector
Cat - mobile batting
Frank Reid

Frank Reid

Old March 14th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ok, I've heard the teens and young adults call someone a "tool". I didn't
know it was a term of endearment! From now on you could sign
yourself...Frank the Tool...... on second thought....maybe not.
Just Frank the good guy.
KJ

oups.com...

Old March 14th 06, 09:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Priceless, Frank - thank you for the early morning laugh g
..
In message .com,
Flytyer37 writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 14th 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

flytyer37 wrote:
Husband - accent fabric chooser (thats worse than "does this dress make
me look fat?")

I admit I use my husband occasionally too. I use him to answer "Which is
lighter?" to determine the value of fabric. He's blue-green colorblind,
so he sees color differently than I do. This is very useful! I don't ask
"does this match" or "which accent is better?" because he just shrugs at
me. I have to buy his clothing for a *reason*.

-georg
Old March 14th 06, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Mine has a better eye for colour than me and can carry a colour in his
head better than me (I have to have samples to check).

However, anything to do with choosing clothes is best forgotten, and
he doesn't even know what clothes he owns. I couldn't buy a new jumper
I desparately needed and then forget I had it.

I also know my clothes/shoe size, what medicines to take for a bad
cold and the latest one - last week we purchased a selection of spare
light bulbs for every light in the house, so we did have 6 spares for
the kitchen light last night! Guess who had to go to where he'd put
the bulb box to get one because 'we've run out'.!
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old March 14th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article .com,
"flytyer37" wrote:

Okay, weird tools my wife uses:
Husband - automatic fabric folder
Husband - pin cushion
Husband - accent fabric chooser (thats worse than "does this dress make
me look fat?")
Husband - cutting table fabricator (hey, I used fabric in that one)
Husband - NQA volunteer (that one ended up with a repair job in the ER)
Husband - quilt show driver
Husband - fabric shelf installer
Husband - giant "quilters' jewel" lint brush and collector
Cat - mobile batting
Frank Reid

Frank Reid

I love it! LOL!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old March 15th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
[snip]
4. a laser level square, as per Kathy A's recommendation -- it's perfect
for squaring up anything larger than my largest square ruler!

I wonder how annoyed my DH is going to be when he cannot find his laser
level? evil grin

TerriLee in WA (state)

Old March 16th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh, I like that one. Time to go on a scavenger hunt in the basement to see
if I can find my roller!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"Jan" wrote in message
25.201...
I use a wall paper seam roller for finger pressing.... doesn't pull at the
fabric like those wood things and it really works well....

--
Jan
RCTQ Coffee Diva

Old March 16th 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Buy your own.....G
One of the members of my guild group is a long arm quilter, one of her
clients gave her a very interesting holiday gift this past Dec. An
automatic tape measure. When you push a button it extends and then
there is another button to retract it. She says it sure beats crawling
around on the floor to see how big a top is.......

Pati, in Phx

Old March 16th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

How amusing is this? I bought my DH one of those for Christmas, after he
saw the one his dad had at Thanksgiving. It never occurred to me to swipe
that, too, but what a great idea!!! vbg

TerriLee in WA (state)

nk.net...

TerriLee in WA wrote:

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
[snip]

4. a laser level square, as per Kathy A's recommendation -- it's perfect
for squaring up anything larger than my largest square ruler!

I wonder how annoyed my DH is going to be when he cannot find his laser
level? evil grin

TerriLee in WA (state)

Halloween -- planning for next year -- tools and tool storage LurfysMa Carving 0 October 31st 05 04:58 PM
Pumpkin carving tools Top Spin Carving 6 November 2nd 04 11:46 AM
Pumpkin carving tools Top Spin General Crafting 4 November 2nd 04 11:46 AM
Laying Tools Rhea Needlework 0 January 11th 04 01:14 AM
Glazing tools contest Robert B II Pottery 3 July 24th 03 01:32 PM