What did Santa bring?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 28th 05, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What did Santa bring?

DH confessed today that he was very worried when he was looking for
wrapping paper for the pack of 12 Thimbleberries he gave me. Said he
looked in one box and I seemed to have quite a lot of fabric already,
so wondered if I would have prefered something else! (I had told him
that wrapping paper lived in the special cylindrical wrapping paper
bag I bought just before Christmas which lived in the hall cupboard,
but like most men he was not sure where the hall cupboard was).

I have explained that a decent stash consists of a complete Quilt
shop.Compared to the photos of sewing rooms that appear, my stash is
pathetically small but it is obviously enough to frighten him!

They are quite rich dark colours, so I think something traditional
like stars will be what will appear. Must finish the top from a class
at LQS which used Thimbleberries to see what I can add to them.

My present arrived wrapped in two Christmas paper napkins. The basting
gun was tied with ribbon - the ribbon which hangs as the tail of my
old bookmark mouse - with mouse attached.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:01:19 -0500, wrote:

In my stocking was a cute Mary Englebriet 2006 calendar and lots of
FQ's. DH got a big surprise gift...a plastic tool box filled with
'manly' FQ's (hammers, motorcycles, paintbrushes) since he's a new
quilter. I'm still in the recovery stage after housing and feeding
twelve for six days. The dishwasher NEVER stopped!! and the refrigerator
is EMPTY!! My raspberry trifle was a big hit. For breakfast, I tried the
eggs in a plastic bag in boilng water trick and it worked. GKDS were
very impressed. They left me a little ice cream in the freezer. It's Ben
and Jerry's Karamel Sutra (caramel and chocolate ice cream with
chocolate chip crunchies and a soft caramel center. YUM-O! Hugs to all
who need them, rain to those in fire threatened areas, and prayers, good
health and luck for all in the new year. Nancycog in MD