Roll Call!

Old January 17th 05, 09:33 PM
Diana Curtis

Warmth!!!! Ill take some of that please?
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"frood" wrote in message
. com...
Hi, Leanne! It's cold today in NC, but you would probably consider 23 a

nice
change! Balmy, even! G

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

"Leanne" wrote in message

Hello, my name is Leanne and I'm from FRIGID northern Minnesota! I've
been quilting about 8 or 9 years and now that I'm retired from teaching

have a bit more time to do some things. My daughters (34 and 30) saw

some
flannel table runners at a quilt shop we visited and really liked them

so
I had them under the tree for Christmas. They were really excited! Now

am gaining another daughter as my son's getting married and she informed
me last night that she loves quilts so that will be fun, too!

I do have a part time job at a bank and I have many volunteer tasks that

love each month so I really keep busy. Our local quilt shop has a

pretty
good assortment of fabrics but it surely is fun to go out of town to
browse and shop as well!

I do more smaller projects than large bed quilts but I have one sampler
queen quilt ready to go to the quilter now. (No patience here to do it

by
hand or machine myself!) That is a great feeling, too.

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

Old January 17th 05, 10:01 PM
Julia in MN

Whereabouts in northern Minnesota? We do get north on vacation with some
regularity. It's always good to explore any LQS in the area.

Julia in (southern) MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old January 17th 05, 10:31 PM
Anne

I believe dear Polly's swamp and gators are all in
Missississississipppppppi. But I could be wrong ;-)

Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow
http://home.covad.net/~arudolph/annes.htm

Anna Belle wrote:

Pat,

But what would we do without Polly Esther from Alabama?!!

Anna Belle in Palm Bay

Old January 17th 05, 11:02 PM
Butterfly

Yuppers, she's from the "Sippy State"
Butterfly (what mah lil onz usta say)

Old January 18th 05, 05:42 AM
DrQuilter

yeah, let's! but better hurry up, she'll be one year old soon!
and btw, don't forget I have 4 fierce guinea pigs guarding my stash!

Loren in Seattle wrote:

Hey Katrina, nice to see you are still around and doing well. Maybe we
should find time to get together to go stash-raid, oops I mean meet Dr.
Quilter's new baby.

Loren in Seattle

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old January 18th 05, 10:00 PM
SusanTorrens

I'm Susan. Home is Kingston Ontario, but DH and I spend the winters in
Zephyrhills Florida. I've been married for 36 years, 34 spent travelling with
the Canadian Air Force. Two sons, 35 and 30, one married, no grandchildren.
No QI's at this time, but have had mini daschunds, a Cairn terrier and a mutt
in our family. Right now we are travelling quite a bit, so it wouldn't be fair
to the QI. Love to have another join us when we settle down.
I've been sewing and doing other needlework since I was about 8, but have been
quilting for about 18 years.
I don't really have a favourite colour, as I have learned to like and use them
all!
I have handquilted, but I love to machine piece and machine quilt at my trusty
old Pfaff.
I'm always ready to try a new pattern or technique.
I love to find shortcuts and tips to make the tasks easier, so tape and watch
almost every quilting show I can find (thank heavens for fast forward!) I also
have tons of favourite internet sites saved that have been recommended by the
group.
I've met a few other RCTQ members - a very positive experience and recommended
to all.
Susan in Zephyrhills FL
finally back to quilting!
http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston
Old January 30th 05, 09:52 PM
Connie Einarson

Hey Leanne, where are you located in northern Minn. I am up in the NE
corner of ND. How far are you from GF/ EGF?

Connie from ND

Leanne wrote:

Hello, my name is Leanne and I'm from FRIGID northern Minnesota! I've
been quilting about 8 or 9 years and now that I'm retired from teaching I
have a bit more time to do some things. My daughters (34 and 30) saw some
flannel table runners at a quilt shop we visited and really liked them so I
had them under the tree for Christmas. They were really excited! Now I am
gaining another daughter as my son's getting married and she informed me
last night that she loves quilts so that will be fun, too!

I do have a part time job at a bank and I have many volunteer tasks that I

Old February 2nd 05, 03:09 AM
Tina

Well, I already introduced myself as being new here - but I thought I
would post to the roll call since I have already found it so useful and
helpful in learning about who everyone is.

My name is Tina, here and everywhere else. I am 40 yrs. old and have a
wonderful husband of just over one year and two wonderful kids - a
girl/16 and a boy/8. We have a calico cat/Tinkerbell, a mini dachshund
(although at her weight, I don't think she qualifies as mini anymore)
Aubrey, a beagle named Freckles, a guinea pig (also calico) named
Squeaky (go figure) and a fish, no name.

I live in the (usually warm and humid) Gulf Coast area of Texas called
Houston. Yes, I know you all know where Houston is because it is the
site of the International Quilt Show! Of which I am sure I will be
attending this year so will get to meet many of you. Right? Right?

I have only been quilting since October of last year when I got the
great idea to make my mother a memory quilt for Christmas and got
myself hooked on quilting.

In just the few days I have been on this list, I have fallen in love
with way too many quilts, been inspired, been educated, laughed at a
few posts and cried at a couple. More or less, I have fallen in love.

Thanks for your list and thank you all for sharing a little about
yourself!

Tina in Houston

Old February 2nd 05, 03:38 PM
jeanbaby

Welcome Tina, Huston is one of my favorite places and we have a lot of
friends there. Now you. I am 67, recently moved to AZ, from the beaches of
California. DH or 45 years,who must be from the same wonderful mold as
yours. All children grown and out of the nest. Three cute grandkids. No
animals anymore. We motor home the country when we can and I sew when I can
fit it in.
Yes, you will love everyone here and have lots of laughs. Thankfully there
are more laughs than sad times but there are lots of hugs to get us all
through the sad times.
Jeanbaby

"Tina" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 02:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 05:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM