RCTQ Directory Vol 11 UPDATE

Old October 1st 04, 06:48 PM
Diana Curtis

Heehee... yes'm.
I have had people try to explain things to me and my mind just wont grab
hold of their words and make sense of it, then a second person explains the
same thing to me and voila! A little lightbulb goes on.
The only problem I have, Pat on the Hill, is when you drop your H's. ;-) Im
adapting tho. The term Coooie! now means something to me. (scones and
clotted cream while I chat)
Heck, I just wanted an excuse to use that phrase.. grist for the mill. LOL
Diana

--
Vote this November (U.S.A.)
"Patti" wrote in message
Oy!
' You saying that I'm difficult to understand? g
Mind your manners, young lady. Respect your (very much) elders, that's
what I say!
.
In article , Diana Curtis
writes
Or they say the same thing but in a slightly different, easier to

understand
way. Its all grist for the mill. :-)
Diana

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old October 2nd 04, 12:21 AM
Sharon Harper

Actually Cooo-eeee means "Hello anyone there? I'm lost in the bush and
can't find my way around" down here~!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old October 2nd 04, 01:46 AM
Diana Curtis

LOL i know.. I just meant that when one of you gals hollers "coooie" to me I
know its time to sit down with good eats and enjoy the company.
Diana

--
Vote this November (U.S.A.)
u...

Old October 2nd 04, 01:14 PM
Diana Curtis

No. Hullo, or hello.. or even 'ello, wouldnt convey the same sort of *hi,
good neighbor, want to share a cuppa?* kind of feeling. Hello is a greeting
for an aquaintance. Cooooie! is the way you greet a friend. In real life we
wouldnt even mind shouting "coooie' even if we were still in our nighties.
Diana

Old October 3rd 04, 09:51 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

Diana Curtis wrote:
No. Hullo, or hello.. or even 'ello, wouldnt convey the same sort of *hi,
good neighbor, want to share a cuppa?* kind of feeling. Hello is a greeting
for an aquaintance. Cooooie! is the way you greet a friend. In real life we
wouldnt even mind shouting "coooie' even if we were still in our nighties.
Diana

"Cooooie!" is what you call when you go round to your friends house and,
rather than knocking on the front door (like wot proper polite people
does!), you go straight round to the back garden and pop in through her
back door - you yodel "Cooooie!" just so's she know you're there!

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old October 4th 04, 01:00 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Oh! We YOOOOHOOOO!

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"Paul & Suzie Beckwith" wrote in message
.uk...
"Cooooie!" is what you call when you go round to your friends house and,
rather than knocking on the front door (like wot proper polite people
does!), you go straight round to the back garden and pop in through her
back door - you yodel "Cooooie!" just so's she know you're there!

Suzie B

---

Old October 4th 04, 02:00 AM
Kate Dicey

LN (remove NOSPAM) wrote:

Oh! We YOOOOHOOOO!

I tend to call 'Hello - it's me!'

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old October 4th 04, 09:50 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

But, if I tell them it's me, they run out the back door.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
LN (remove NOSPAM) wrote:

Oh! We YOOOOHOOOO!

I tend to call 'Hello - it's me!'

Old October 5th 04, 09:44 PM
Melissa in NJ

And in the suburbs....they are called "Town Homes". Hehe semantics!

Melissa in NJ

--
and the "Boos Hounds" (Bear, Bits, and Lexus)
and Maxi (aka Witch Kitty with a "B"), Kenobi (aka "Kitty Wan Kenobi"),

Pics of My Quilts:
http://community.webshots.com/user/quiltngryhndlady

Quilt Something for Yourself! Adopt a Racing Greyhound!
--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply
--

"Bonnie" wrote in message

I'll jump in here and say - That's what we call a row home.
I lived in one in Philadelphia back in the 40's and 50's.
Bonnie
NJ