Advice needed for finishing quilt

Old February 17th 04, 01:14 AM
Mardi

Hi All:

Thanks for all the great ideas and for the kind words. I decided to
"square up" each of the blocks using the same fabric as in the shirt.
That was a great idea because I had no idea what I was going to do
with the rest of the fabric.

I also love Butterfly's suggestion about the "fallen" shirt. It
actually suits him because he is the worlds biggest slob and will
always be. So, a shirt on the "floor" will suit his quilt nicely.

If you want to see what the blocks look like "squared up", go to
http://mardiweb.com/quilts/hawaii_new.jpg.

I think I am going to use the white material for sashing now and
probably finish it with a solid color border of some kind.

Again, thanks for the ideas and all the kind words.

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat
Old February 17th 04, 01:29 AM
Dr. Quilter

I thought that was a great idea when I read it, and it looks great! and
I would definitely sash with the white. maybe choose one fabric to do
squares where the sashings meet... something with red since there is so
much green, blue and yellow? baticky or ferny or marbly?

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old February 17th 04, 01:34 AM
frood

Mardi, they look great! I especially like the "twin peaks" on the volcano
shirt!

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old February 17th 04, 03:07 AM
Butterfly

Glad to be of help.
Now to see the finished quilt
Butterfly
(aaaaaaannnnnnttttttttiiiiiicccciiiiippppppaaaaatt tttttiiiiiiiiioooooonnnnn)

Old February 17th 04, 06:37 AM
cozy

oooooo, very nice and the shirts remain the focal point! I like it with
no sashing and the corners creating a diamond block as a secondary pattern
that doesn't take away from the shirts at all. But, I can't wait to see
what it looks like with white sashing also! I don't think you can go
wrong!

--
email: change the word cozy to cozyhomelife and change the word netscape to
net

Old February 17th 04, 06:39 AM
cozy

gee.... I'm thinking... you can probably just sit the blocks on a large
piece of that fabric and separate them and it will give a real good
imitation of how it will look with the sashing.

Old February 18th 04, 08:38 AM
D&D

Wow that's looking good !! When you get that white sashing in between it
will be fantastic.
Well done !!!

Dee in Oz

"Mardi" wrote in message
[...]

Haunted Christmas Quilt Nbhilyard Quilting 2 June 18th 11 05:04 PM
Bead Advice Needed! Beadbimbo Beads 38 May 19th 04 11:53 PM
Advice on Graphing needed Donna Beads 3 December 22nd 03 05:35 AM
Border advice needed ccsilvania Quilting 12 December 1st 03 02:34 AM
Taking pics of beadwork: Advice Needed VManes Beads 12 October 1st 03 04:48 PM