About Us

Old October 14th 03, 06:25 PM
Renee Clark

Default About Us

While googling trying to learn more about our Mesue (wish I had a chance to
get to know her), I came across a thread from 2000 in which RCTQ'ers
introduced themselves in detail. I've come on board since then (September of
'02), and I'm sure many others have too. Might be worth doing again for the
sake of those who are a bit newer. I'll go first, in the hope that some of
you will follow suit.
Blessings
Renee
Name: Renee Clark

Home: Tancook Island, Nova Scotia, Canada

Occupation: Baptist minister

Age: 26

Past Lives:university student with some odd summer jobs, including frozen
novelties distributor (Dickie Dee biker!), special needs inclusion worker,
alzheimer's support, retail... Anything to pay for that English Lit degree!
Anthing more to pay for the Masters!

Family: Single. Mom's about 5 hours from here, Dad died this past February.
DSis and BIL (and DNephew, age 12), B and SisIL and all the respective QI's.

Food:Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. Also Pepsi, vanilla ice cream,
cheesecake, and turkey dinner - but not all at once.

QI's: Paisley (9 y.o. terrier mix), Simon and Sonny (1 y.o brother cats),
Mr. Fish (as the name implies!).

Machine(s): Kenmore bare-bones basic, a floor model I bought about 7 years
ago. No bells or whistles, but a good workhorse. Tempted by a serger, but
haven't bitten yet.

Quilting For: About 3 years. I took a class at the local fabric store
because they had a kittycat quilt on display... and caught quilt disease.

Quilt Assembly Preference: rotary cut (if it can't be rotary cut, I ain't
interested! LOL!), machine pieced, then either machine QITD, or sent out to
be hand-quilted. Haven't mastered FMQ.

Quilt Style Preference: ABA - anything but APPLIQUE!

Colour Preference:rose, green, cream, Thimbleberries prints

Skill level: I call myself an 'advanced beginner'.

Posting/Reading frequency: Read almost daily, post roughly weekly.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading (magazines,
novels, mystery, how-to), animal rescue, cross-stitch, tole painting, Celtic
music, digital photography, exploring little side-roads, spending time with
friends, bargain-hunting.

Pet Peeves: Laws that are soft on those who mistreat children and animals -
we have to have a license to drive a car and a permit to build a shed in the
backyard, but anyone who is biologically able can have a child and anyone
with a few dollars can walk out of a pet store with an animal. Oh, and there
are also those people who chatter away in the movie theatre and sneak
through the express checkout with more than 10 items. But it's the creeps
who hurt their children and pets that really get me.

TV Shows: ER, 7th Heaven, Sugar, old reruns of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and
80's sitcoms.

Drive A: 1994 Eagle Summit Wagon (a mini-mini-van!)

Favorite Quote:"If I can stop one heart from breaking / I shall not live in
vain. / If I can ease one life the aching / Or cool one pain / Or help one
fainting robin / Unto his nest again, / I shall not live in vain." - Emily
Dickinson

Old October 14th 03, 11:01 PM
Sharon Harper

G'day y'all! Here's me!

Name: Sharon Harper

Home: Dingley Village, Victoria, Australia

Occupation: Juggler (keeping everyone's balls in the air)....er I mean

stay at home mum....but I'm never home

Age: 32

Past Lives: Secretary/Personal Assistant to various tyrants and one really

great boss whom I regret leaving, fully qualified travel consultant who
couldn't find a job in travel (too old and not enough experience)

Family: Married to a great DH (Wayne) with 2 DDs. My parents living in

NSW, DH's round the corner.

Food:Chocolate, cheesecake, roast dinners, stir frys

QI's: merlot (8 y.o. Australian Multicultural Domestic Longhair), Jimmy

(12 week old Jack Russell Beagle X),

Machine(s): Gerty Werty, A 20 year old Wertheim 341F, an old Singer from

the 50s I think.

Quilting For: About 2 years. Wanted something to do while DH restored an

old car - haven't looked back since

Quilt Assembly Preference: rotary cut, machine pieced, then hand-quilted.

Haven't mastered MQ.

Quilt Style Preference: Anything but nothing tooo hard!

Colour Preference: Blues, Greens, purples, Bright, pastel - you get my

drift! LOL

Skill level: I call myself an 'intermediate beginner'.

Posting/Reading frequency: Read several times daily, post just as much.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading (magazines,
novels, mystery,romance,historical, how-to), digital photography,

exploring little side-roads, spending time with friends, bargain-hunting.

Pet Peeves: Child abusers, animal cruelty, bad drivers, people who smoke

and blow the smoke over others, mobiles in restaurants, people who can't
separate work and play (ie DH)

TV Shows: CSI, CSI: Miami, Blue Heelers, DIY Rescue, Movies!.

Drive A: 1998 Hyundai Sonata Levant

Favorite Quote: If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If you

still don't succeed have the courage to say "Stuff it" and move on! - A
Sharonism

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"Renee Clark" wrote in message
While googling trying to learn more about our Mesue (wish I had a chance

get to know her), I came across a thread from 2000 in which RCTQ'ers
introduced themselves in detail. I've come on board since then (September

of
'02), and I'm sure many others have too. Might be worth doing again for

the
sake of those who are a bit newer. I'll go first, in the hope that some of
you will follow suit.
Blessings
Renee

gently snipped

Old October 15th 03, 01:35 AM
hfw

Name: Heidi Waldmann

Home: Elkins Park, PA, just outside of Philly, for the past 4 years. Before
that 25 years in St.Paul/Mpls.

Occupation: Rabbinical student and hospital/nursing home/hospice chaplain

Age: 53

Past Lives: Graphic designer in MN. Moved here for school.

Family: Married 30 years tomorrow (10/15/03) to the sweetest man in the
world. DS and DD grown and gone. DGD, 4. Wonderful MIL/FIL in Nebraska.

Food: Chocolate, brie

QIs: Awesome Aidan the Amazing Carnivore, our 4yo scottie

Machine: Viking Lily 555. FW inherited from my mom, but so far unused by me
since I was a child.

Quilting: Just starting, after not sewing anything at all for over 25 years.

Quilt Assembly: rotary cut/machine piece, paper piece

Style Preference: Contemporary, not fussy

Color Preference: jewel tones, tend toward low value contrast

Skill Level: rank novice!

Post/read frequency: usually daily or more

Interests: reading, going out to dinner

TV: West Wing, Law & Order

Drive: 1985 Saab, 2003 Camry

Favorite quote: We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our
exploring Will be to arrive where we began, And know the place for the first
time. (t.s. eliot)

And, "Happiness is less about having what you want than wanting what
you have." and its variations.

Old October 15th 03, 03:16 AM
Butterfly

Heidi W
Please email me

Thanks
Butterfly *butterfly a t bak dot rr dot com *

Old October 15th 03, 05:26 AM
Janice Davis

Name: Janice Davis

Home: Crestview, FL for 5 years. Just west of Panama City

Occupation: Full time mom, part time student, part time wife. LOL

Age: 28

Family: Married 6 1/2 years to sons 4 and 16 mos (what does the D in ds/dd
mean?)

Food: Any cheesy Italian dish works for me!

QIs: I keep pestering my hubbie for one, but no luck yet.

Machine: Viking Freesia 450.

Quilting: Mostly baby quilts for my friends. Did a breast cancer quilt for
my aunt and getting started on a family album quilt for my grandmothers 80th
birthday. She is still very spry!

Quilt Assembly: rotary cut, machine piece, paper piece, machine quilt. Hand
stitch binding on backside.

Style Preference: easy, soft lines, country touch

Color Preference: pastels and blues, blues, and more blues!

Skill Level: starting intermediate

Post/read frequency: more than once daily usually

Interests: reading, rubber stamping(Stampin' Up!) I actually enjoy
research.

TV: Law & Order all 3 versions

Drive: 1999 Pontiac Bonneville

Favorite quote: One of my favorites anyway. I came across it in high
school--"We do not start counting a man's years, until there is nothing left
to count."--Oscar Wilde

Old October 16th 03, 03:45 AM
Sk8eraunt

My turn...

Name: Gail aka kaila chan

Home:Glendale, AZ (antique capital of AZ)

Occupation: Human Resource Coordinator

Age: 52

Family: Married 10 years (had to do it twice to get it right), mom to Daryl
(31) and Erin (23); stepmom of 3

Food: Love that deep fried stuff and seafood

QIs: None...our little Cherrie-pie died two years ago.

Machine: One new Kenmore my hubby bought me last Xmas and one old Kenmore
purchased in 1972

Quilting: Just started quilting last year.

Quilt Assembly: Still learning!

Style Preference: Country, anything Amish

Color Preference: Purple, lavendar. No neons!

Skill Level: Beginner

Post/read frequency: I read more than I post. I love reading everyone's
stories and quilting tips.

Interests: Antiquing, Amish culture, love looking at quilts

TV: Don't watch much TV. In addition to reading RCTQ, I'm a partner in an
online poetry magazine. This takes up most of my free time after work.

Drive: 1998 Ford

Favorite quote: "The choices you make dictate the life you lead". I truly
believe this.

Old October 16th 03, 11:30 PM
Debi

Name: Debi, also answer to (from my dad) Buzzard, Monkey

Home: Live in Starke (yep the one with the prison) work in Gainesville
(University of FL town)

Occupation: veterinary radiology technician

Age: 38

Family: Never married, but with DBF of 2+ years. Mom, Dad (only child, they
sure knew when to stop!)

Food: The list of things I won't eat is a lot shorter, i.e. sauerkraught,
beets, a few more that fail to come to mind (shudder)

QIs: Two cats, Sophie and Jamie (after James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie
Fraser) and two dogs, Grizz (9 yo GSD) and Angus, 2 yo collie shep mix,
affectionately known as Grits and Anus.

Machine: A Huskystar I received from my mom for my birthday a year or so
ago.

Quilting: Made one for a baby shower almost ten years ago, resumed when I
got the sewing machine.

Quilt Assembly: Whatever is easiest to get away with, but I really like
paper foundation piecing. Lets me get all those angles and points right
without ripping out too much hair.

Style Preference: I like most everything I see; traditional, art quilts,
stained glass, you name it...

Color Preference: Blues, greens, purples, not a big fan of orange, though it
can have its place.

Skill Level: Is there a level below Beginner?

Post/read frequency: I read/skim every day, post almost never. Everyone else
seems to say it better and have more experience anyway...

Interests: Writing, animals, photography, gardening, music, soapmaking, the
list goes on

TV: Gilmore Girls, Smallville, Antiques Roadshow, that's about it. I will
put on Discovery and see if they have anything interesting.

Drive: 2002 Cavalier

Favorite quote: "It's not the years, it's the mileage." Indiana Jones and my
favorite, "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool." Unknown

Old October 15th 03, 06:14 AM
ChaCha

Name: Sarah

Home: Houston, TX

occupation: college student (graduating 05-04)

Age: 24

Past Lives: college athletic event worker, english teacher's assistant (very

sad to see how even advanced english students are bad writers)

Family: mom, sister in indiana (college), 3 qi's (one cat, 2 dogs)

Food: veggie subs, falafel, dolmas

QIs: correy, 5 y.o. cat, percy, 5 y.o. dog, and hailie, 4 y.o. dog

Machine: singer in a cabinet (i think it's from around the 1950s?), a brother

that i do just about everything on...would like to splurge on a nice new
machine, but with student loans looming over the horizon...)

Quilting: started the summer after i graduated from hs, so, about 6 years?

sort of off and on...

Quilt Assembly: rotary cut/machine piece, paper piece, some hand work

(applique and piecing my string stars)

Style Preference: traditional, but in bright colors, and some totally random

ones, just a mix of colors and prints

Color Preference: BRIGHT! tropical colors, 30s prints

Skill Level: i can't even begin to judge that...um, i am a beginner, but love

to challenge myself to advanced patterns? (is masochist an option?)

Post/read frequency: read either daily or every other day, post very

infrequently

Interests: dollmaking, crocheting and knitting, music (tastes run from punk to

hip hop to "classic" music like the beatles, simon and garfunkel...)

TV: roseanne, good eats, family guy, old episodes of ER, music video stations,

cnn and some shows on stations like discovery-times or the learning channel
(trading spaces)

Drive: 1986 dodge ramcharger, 1994 chevy pickup

Favorite quote: anything from moulin rouge or dogma, i guess. i don't really

quote anything....

Old October 15th 03, 04:48 AM
juliasb(nospam)

Ok you got me hooked into it

name: Julia Sidebottom
Home: Waterford, MI USA
Occupation: retired Gerontologist - Medical Social Worker - Activity
Therapist
Age: Plenty - Nine
Family: DH - Jerry. DD1 - Elizabeth DD2 - Sarah
DGD - Emily DGS - due to arrive March 12, 2003
Favorite Foods: Machratha (unique chicken meal) Chocolate, chocolate
and chocolate.
IQ's: none (unless you want to include DH)
Machine: Janome (about 8 years old now)
Singer Treadle 1905
Quilting for: 11 or so years. A quilter at heart since birth
Sewing my own clothes since I was 9 yrs. old
Quilting Preferences: Rotary cutter, paper piecing, machine piecing,
hand quilting
Quilting styles: Traditional for the most part
Large quilts
Color preferences: turquoise, teals and love 30's repos

Other interest: Rubber Stamping, Pergamano, gardening, cooking and
rebuilding computers (in my spare time).

Posting: I post daily when possible here on RCTQ and maintain my web
site as much as possible (though have been delinquent there for a while)
Skill level: intermediate (definitely not quilt show quality)
TV Programs: Survivors, 24, CSI, Judge Judy (need a good laugh to make
the day go right)
Pet Peeves: Bad drivers, and to many to think about right now.
Floor Thread count: high. Vacuum only when I have to.
Stash: Sizable (about 1500 yds of wonderful fabric) all of which I plan
to use in quilts!!!
Favorite quote: Bring it up again and we'll take a vote on it.
Life status: Wonderful. Many blessings, a few health concerns and great
relationship with DH.
Plans for the next day: Quilting of course.

juliasb

Sharon Harper wrote:

[...]

come and journey with me...
from darkness into New Life
http:\\www.nwlife.com

Old October 15th 03, 02:29 AM
Kathy Applebaum

"juliasb(nospam)" wrote in message

Stash: Sizable (about 1500 yds of wonderful fabric) all of which I plan
to use in quilts!!!

And what did you say your address was again? I'll gas up the stashraidmobile
while you're emailing it...

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps