Making your very own Paua Shell beads from poly clay :)

Old October 31st 04, 01:51 PM
HarryB41

Default Making your very own Paua Shell beads from poly clay :)

Hello everyone. )
I am still alive and have been reading and learning. Sometimes it is best to just listen.
I was surfing as usual and came up on a VERY interesting web site! It has lessons on making Faux Paua Shell from poly clay!
I can not wait to try this, as soon as I can. In the meantime I was thinking that perhaps someone here would like to give this
a try, to see the outcome. The possibilities are endless! Beads, cabs and so much more! I think I have found a way to make
that Tiffany lamp shade... maybe... lol
Here is the link:
http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/faux_paua.html
This will be fun I am sure.

Harry
Old October 31st 04, 04:30 PM
Shirley Shone

That looks very interesting Harry. I have book marked it to have a look
at later when I get back off my Golden anniversary trip.
Shirley

In message , HarryB41
writes

--
Shirley Shone
Old October 31st 04, 04:45 PM
Carla

This looks like a more detailed recipe than one I found recently, which
involved a rainbow skinner blend and pearl. I've been trying that, and
getting really pretty mixes, but nothing that looks like paua, so far g.

Thanks for the link. I'll be trying out this mix, believe me

Cheers,
Carla

Old October 31st 04, 05:51 PM
starlia

That's a pretty cool technique. Thanks for sharing! Oh, and I really miss
you. Glad to see you here.

Old October 31st 04, 06:05 PM
Jalynne

I've used this technique...oh, about six weeks or so ago. They really do come out
looking pretty realistic. I'm gonna have to get some more clay to play with it. If
it works like I'm hoping...I'm gonna do something cool around the bathroom mirror.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old November 1st 04, 02:15 AM
Beadbimbo

Those are neat!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old November 1st 04, 03:06 AM
Marissa Undercofler

It looks so cool. I might give this a try when I get a few new tools. I
have the right colors, but need the brayer for rolling out the clay and
stuff.

Marissa

Old November 1st 04, 04:07 PM
HarryB41

I do hope to get a chance to see what you create. I know as soon as my finances
allow, I am going to make an attempt at them myself. The idea of wrapping them
around a mirror sounds really cool!

Harry

Old November 1st 04, 04:07 PM
HarryB41

I thought it was way cool also. Always happy to share! )
I also miss you and the many others here. I may start posting more often.
Hectic lifestyle and the holidays FAST approaching tend to wear me down.

Harry

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:51:56 -0600, "starlia" wrote:

That's a pretty cool technique. Thanks for sharing! Oh, and I really miss
you. Glad to see you here.

.. .