okay, now what

Old July 20th 05, 09:07 AM
QuiltsWithCatFur

How about donating it to charity, where someone will love it like it should
be loved. Sincerely!

Now it needs to move on and work its magic again.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old July 20th 05, 12:10 PM
AliceW

I think a raffle is a great idea! Then the proceeds can be used to defray
the costs of the next few hugs!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in message
: NanaV has returned the Hug quilt to me, unasked for. Now what?
:
: Karen, Queen of Squishies
:
:

Old July 20th 05, 12:14 PM
AliceW

I can do a form online for voting if that would help. I think a raffle
within the group would be a great idea with the funds being used to defray
the costs of the next few hug quilts (postage, backing and binding fabrics,
battings, etc).

Let me know. Whatever you need, it's yours.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/RCTQ/index.htm (add a recipe)
"Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack

"Butterfly" wrote in message
: Our "Hugs" were NOT made to make money...with a couple of well known
planned
: exceptions--IF I am remembering correctly.
: This probably would be best going to the gal that is collecting
: (Dreamweaver?) for a certain project.......sorry the real reason and whom
: escapes me at the moment.
: Best thing I think would be for our Queen to draw up a list of say maybe 4
: ideas and have those that made squares for this Hug vote on it....if it
: isn't too much work for our Queen to do.......
: Whaddaya think, Karen?
: Just glad it came back 'home' so to speak.
:
: Butterfly
:
: "Liz A." wrote in message
: oups.com...
: My suggestion is to give it to a charity that holds auctions to raise
: money. Around here, Northwest Medical Team holds a yearl auction to
: help raise funds. They send medical teams all around the world, the
: recent tsunami they sent a LOT of medical help. They have been rated by
: Forbes magazine as one of the country's 10 best charities because of
: the large percentage of every dollar that actually goes to aid. Our
: small, private quilting group made a quilt for their annual auction
: last year. Big time spenders usually go to the event and it's always a
: big la-de-da black tie event.
:
: Liz A.-- who has some friends in the medical field who have gone to
: Africa & Haiti for NW Medical Team
: Kent, WA
:
:
:

Old July 20th 05, 12:59 PM
Morag in Oxford

Auction it on Ebay or something similar, and donate the proceeds to a Breast
Cancer charity or similar.
Morag

Old July 20th 05, 01:00 PM
Pat in Virginia

Liz:
I agree it should go to some charitable group, but *not* for an
auction. My main reason for this is that some of the blocks will
be rather emotional in wording. For example, I have a specific
stamp that I incorporate into the block, then I add my name. That
square reads: "Sending you a great big hug!! .... Pat in Virginia"
Undoubtedly, there are other squares with sentimental statements
and those would work better for an individual rather than an
auction or raffle. So, how about the soldiers, or a Ronald
McDonald House, or a Fisher House? JMO.
PAT

Old July 20th 05, 01:01 PM
Queen of Squishies

Women's shelter it is. DH and I are active in supporting one about 35 miles
from here, and there were a lot of votes for women's shelter. Thanks for
everyone's input. I especially appreciate the big hearts of the people who
want it returned to NanaV, but I'm afraid that can't happen. Our dear
little conniver now has 3 different addresses attached to her name, and a
contradictory letter to her credit, which was included when she sent the Hug
back. I'm leaning more towards fear of police (which was talked about here)
rather than smitten conscience that provoked the return. Be that as it may,
I can vouch for the fact that her name is not on the quilt, and the power of
love in the quilt has returned to it full force. : ) Thanks again,
everyone.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 20th 05, 01:06 PM
Pat in Virginia

Excellent solution, Karen. Now, before this goes out, please take
a picture for the album. Hugs to you and DH for your support of
the shelter, and for taking care of this issue.
PAT in VA/USA

Old July 20th 05, 01:41 PM
Queen of Squishies

Picture! Thanks for the reminder.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 20th 05, 01:47 PM
Carolyn McCarty

That's a fine decision, Karen. You quilters are so generous! I'm proud to
know you all.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green