Please: Introduce yourself (women of wealth and taste)

Old February 20th 05, 02:31 PM
rosie readandpost

i am rosie, and i have come back to this bead newsgroup to get a
"kick in the butt" and start making some jewelry.
i have arthritis, and do have some trouble with "little tiny things"
that beading sometimes requires, so i am lurking and reading for
tips.

--
rosie

"KDK" wrote in message
: well I don't know about the wealth part....
:
: I'm Kathy K. I'm a bead ho. I've played with beads and making
jewelry
: since I was a kid (thanks Mom). When I first came to RCB I only
did
: stringing - mostly necklaces. Then I was corrupted and learned
about
: lampwork. Now I do lampwork, stringing, play with PMC, and of
course hoard
: beads!
:
: I'm working up the motivation to get my website up and running so
hopefully
: I can sell some pieces. (I've sold a few through word of mouth).
:
: I live in East Tennessee and have 4 cats (or rather I'm the staff
for 4 cats
: if you go with the "cats don't have owners they have staff" view).
:
: Anything else ya wanna know???
:
: Kathy K
:
:
: "Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
: oups.com...
: Let's all get caught up. There are a lot of new people here,
and it
: might be good if we all re-introduced, or introduced, ourselves.
Jim,
: just move your intro over from that other thread, would you?
:
: Please pour a cup of tea, add hootch if you wish, and have some
ice
: cream. Tell everyone who you are, and be sure to add an
explanation of
: what kind of bead-related thing you do most.
:
: Thanks.
:
:
:

Old February 20th 05, 02:35 PM
Peggy

:-D

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Peggy"
:

]I'd also like to try enameling in the future

now, see?
that one, you can have! i intend to stay as far away from it as i can
GET!

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com

Old February 20th 05, 04:13 PM
Fiddy

I'm LC, a 45 yo mom who lives in Sunny So Cal. I don't "make" beads,
but I use them to make "stuff". I love my husband, kid, and dog. We
have racing thoroughbreds and a couple "non racing" horses.

Decaf tea for me, please, no hooch, and pralines and cream ice-cream.
Old February 20th 05, 04:20 PM
Carolyn Nelson

My name is Carolyn Nelson, AKA gmcarolyn...I retired from selling mainframe
computers about 12 years ago to live near my grandchildren....started
purchasing gemstone beads to make myself jewelry but a beady friend kept
taking everything so I had to order more...we started a bead society in our
area, and it got worse...so now I have a wonderful stash of gemstone beads
that we all use from...I sell on eBay to help support mine and my friend's
wonderful habit!

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
What about women of no wealth and questionable taste?

I'm Jerri, also known as the Beadbimbo. I live in Ga. and am mostly a
lampworker. I've taken Wire a few times, at Wm. Holland and am taking
Wire II again this year.

I recently really got into trouble with seed beads, and now I'm working on
my first peyote piece. (What was I thinking?) I've made shoebox lid
looms with my daughter's art class, and I think I could really get into
loom work, but for now will stick with all the other stuff I already don't
have time for and maybe do a few things with the shoebox.

I have two dogs, Romeo and Spike, and the famous guinea pig, Butterbean,
and ocassionally a foster dog.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old February 20th 05, 04:32 PM
JC

Hola. I'm JC, a glass artist. I'm 28, live in cold ucky Wisconsin and
am married with 2 dogs. I love making beads, but I also fuse, slump
and blow glass. I've been working with glass for a bit more than 4
years and I started with beads. I am currently working to obtain more
and more skill in glass before I move to Costa Rica in a year or two.
Once there, DH and I will open a small beach town shop with a huge
(hoping for open-air) studio and apt to live in. Then we will buy land
to build our home and a few rentals. Its been our dream to live in CR
for about 3 years. I would eventually like to earn myself enough to
buy a coffe farm & house in the cloud forest and try my hand at shade
farming some of the best coffee on the planet!

Mostly, you could sum my life up with: glass, Costa Rica (surfing,
too!) and my DH (no particular order). I also do some business
consultation with a few associates from my suit-wearing business days.

Pura vida,
JC

www.jcherrellglass.com
http://stores.ebay.com/JC-Herrell-Glass

Old February 20th 05, 04:33 PM
Bead Carol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - there is little doubt but what I would be a woman
of wealth if I didn't have this little thing called a *bead
addiction!!!* As many of you know, I've been hanging out here for
years and years, and am mainly a stringer. I have a definite passion
for lampworked beads and trade beads (so, I *do* have great taste!!),
which sadly corresponds to being constantly broke, LOL.

Carol in SLC - follow the link below to see one of most recent pieces:

http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/kalera2.jpg

Old February 20th 05, 05:08 PM
FurPaw

Beadbimbo wrote:
What about women of no wealth and questionable taste?

That's me!

I'm a newbie to beading, just started last fall. I started with
peyote stitch with seed beads and delicas, and I've been learning
and working with that technique plus some netting and stringing. I
don't know where I'm going with this, but I'm having a great time
getting there!

I'm semi-retired, that is, I was "downsized" nearly three years ago
from my job in NJ at A Large Telecommunications Company. I taught
part time in a community college for a couple of years, and then
last summer my husband and I moved to NM (yay!!!). I'm currently
taking Spanish 102, tutoring ESL, and doing the program
administration for a volunteer group that makes horseback riding
available to handicapped children.

I'm 57, married, no children, owned by four dogs, Gordo, Chile,
Dylan and Oppie.

Carol

--
Born to live a life of leisure, still waiting for it to happen.

To reply, unleash the dog
Old February 20th 05, 05:49 PM
Stephanie

I'm Stephanie, self appointed Jewelry and Purse Ho. I live in Tucson AZ
with a DH and 2 kitties. I have been making and un-making jewelry since
I was a kid. I am best at un-making it LOL. I have tried a little bit
of many things over the years: loom weaving, off loom weaving, lots of
stringing, some wire and metal work. This group got me lusting over
lampwork! Now every month I have to decide, should I buy beads or
lampwork, a purse or Polyclay... That's the other wickedness I got
hooked on here, learning to make my own beads with polyclay. I think I
am a Jack-of-all-trades and a Master of none.

Old February 20th 05, 06:20 PM
starlia

I hope you darlings know that I'm not wealthy. In fact at this moment a
church mouse probably has more in wealth than I do but I sure as hell have
some good friends here and that makes me wealthy in other ways.

My name is Starlia, pronounced Starla, and I currently live in the Austin,
Texas area. I'm a native Texan but have lived in Indiana, Georgia, South
Carolina (all before mentioned at Army bases), and Alaska.

I am a bead ho myself and hoard pearls, Bali, silver wire, artist lampwork,
and other things of beauty. I love this group and they took me from
stringing beads to lampworking which is my current passion.

In the last few months I have expanded my skills to jewelry wire work,
silversmithing, and a little gold work. I am teaching myself to make some
cool twisted wire bracelets and other wire work that sooths my soul and
looks great to wear.

I have also been expanding my business to some consignment and quite a bit
of teaching. I wouldn't be able to teach any beading classes without the
help of my dear friends here. Hopefully soon we will have the studio
finished and I'll be teaching lampworking on a weekly basis. Yippee!

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old February 20th 05, 06:22 PM
Cindy Schoepp

All right, here it goes!!

My name is Cindy Schoepp and I have been beading(semi precious stones
mainly) for 11/2 years. It started where I made some stuff for myself at
work and people asked if I could make them some. I almost gave up a year
ago after trying to do craft shows...that failed (not just mine but everyone
did poorly). However learned that you really need to watch where you go to
sell your stuff!! All craft shows/fairs are not created equally!!

I took my fist lampworking class in Dec 04 after seeing Susan from wired
woman designs doing a demo. I had my set up ready to roll since Jan 05. I
have almost go my website ready to roll, but haven't added the lamp work
category yet. I hope soon. On the front page a couple of examples of my
work...pls be don't laugh, only been doing for a couple of months.

I am so hoping to get tips on lampworking as it is my newest obsession.

PS...I am glad things are better here (RBC)...I am hoping to get great
benefit from being here!!

Cindy
www.uniquecreationsbycindy.ca