Ornaments for the Holidays

Old December 5th 04, 05:17 AM
Diana Curtis

Default Ornaments for the Holidays

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamom44/my_photos in the Christmas
decoration folder there are a couple of ornaments new for this year that I
hope you will enjoy looking at. It is a great thing to be able to make
something special and unique for friends that could become a part of their
holiday traditions.
This year I played with simple yet elegant designs and a little Pearlex in
antique gold. A little goes a long way! That was the first thing I learned.
Second thing was that I will need to get a variety of colors. :-)
Thanks for looking,
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old December 5th 04, 03:50 PM
Sjpolyclay

This year I played with simple yet elegant designs and a little Pearlex in
antique gold.

are those in the Christmas ornament folder, or the polymer clay one? I like
what I see, either way!!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old December 5th 04, 04:52 PM
Diana Curtis

The ones I did this year are in the Christmas decorations 2004 folder, the
ones in the clay folder are last years. Thank you! Im really pleased with
some of the ornaments this year.. and last. Usually I come up with at least
one design that rocks and the rest are dogs. At least I can play with
variations on themes.
Do you have time to play with and develop new designs? Do you get
discouraged when things you thought would look cool look like crud? I know
its important to at least try the ideas that I get but when they dont work
out for me it feels like a huge waste of time and clay *money*.. but copying
myself doesnt seem right either.
Diana
--
Weird people need beads, too

Old December 5th 04, 10:27 PM
Sjpolyclay

Diana, you have exactly the right idea, and just need to embrace it-----the
trial process is vital to learning cool new ways of doing stuff, and some of
its not Top Notch....BUT that's a very legitimate part of Research and
Developement. Its NOT a waste. Its a write off---R&D---and its the ONLY way to
grow!

Old December 5th 04, 10:58 PM
Diana Curtis

Thanks for the encouragement. I was hoping that out there somewhere was a
clayer who never made mud. :-) I want the midas touch! Well.. lets see what
valuable lessons I can pull from this weeks clay successes and disasters.
Perhaps the biggest lesson is that it aint over till the ... hmm... its not
over till I give up.
Some ornaments just didnt work. I added things.. subtracted things.. saved
some of the horrid ornaments. Thats a good lesson.
I need to play more. Sure, its easy to encourage other artists to play.
Harder to embrace that concept myself.
Diana

Old December 5th 04, 11:27 PM
Carla

At this point, I have almost as much mud as I do usable clay I make
it a habit to keep all my "disasters", so the next time I'm working on
something, I can see where I went wrong.

Cheers,
Carla

Old December 6th 04, 04:39 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Very pretty!

I have some Star of David cookie cutters and had wanted to make some
polyclay window decorations for the holiday, but haven't had a chance.
Sigh...

Barbara

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamom44/my_photos in the Christmas
decoration folder there are a couple of ornaments new for this year that I
hope you will enjoy looking at. It is a great thing to be able to make
something special and unique for friends that could become a part of their
holiday traditions.
This year I played with simple yet elegant designs and a little Pearlex
in
antique gold. A little goes a long way! That was the first thing I
learned.
Second thing was that I will need to get a variety of colors. :-)
Thanks for looking,
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

FA: Set of Unusual American Indian Christmas Ornaments - Ends Today Laraw1 Marketplace 0 December 11th 04 01:47 PM
FA: 8 Native American /SW style handmade Xmas ornaments Laraw1 Marketplace 0 December 6th 04 04:19 PM
Glaskolben Ornaments xxx Glass 1 October 30th 03 11:29 PM
WANTED: Patterns for Painted Glass Christmas Ornaments; PLEASE HELP! Bozo_01 Glass 4 September 15th 03 06:28 AM
Hand made glass ornaments Kamil Rowiński Glass 0 July 23rd 03 10:53 AM