baby quilts

Old February 20th 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

Default baby quilts

somewhere, I've seen, heard, or read a plan for doing 3 baby quilts out of 3
pieces of fabric and each ending up a mixture of all 3, or something like
that! Anyway has anyone else come across this, have a link, or anything?

Anne

Old February 20th 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mauvice in central WI

On Feb 19, 11:52 pm, "Anne Rogers" wrote:
somewhere, I've seen, heard, or read a plan for doing 3 baby quilts out of 3
pieces of fabric and each ending up a mixture of all 3, or something like
that! Anyway has anyone else come across this, have a link, or anything?

Anne

Hi Anne,
that was in Quiltmaker mag. I think sometime last fall, I will check
around for the instructions, I have them here somewhere. But I am sure
someone on this knowledgeable grouop will come up with the
instructions right away.
Mauvice in Central WI

Old February 20th 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Mauvice in central WI wrote:
On Feb 19, 11:52 pm, "Anne Rogers" wrote:

somewhere, I've seen, heard, or read a plan for doing 3 baby quilts out of 3
pieces of fabric and each ending up a mixture of all 3, or something like
that! Anyway has anyone else come across this, have a link, or anything?

Anne

Hi Anne,
that was in Quiltmaker mag. I think sometime last fall, I will check
around for the instructions, I have them here somewhere. But I am sure
someone on this knowledgeable grouop will come up with the
instructions right away.
Mauvice in Central WI

It would be easy to do using the Stack & Slash method. A bit tricky
making the cuts on 40"-ish square pieces of fabric but doable with a bit
of care. I should think that if you started off with 3 fabrics that are
the same width and lengths that equal that width, you would end up with
three quilt tops that are a good size square for baby quilts. IIRC, you
lose a bit more than 1/2" in length & width for every cut you make using
the Stack & Slash method. If you started off with 42" wide fabric you
would easily end up with three tops that were 40" square once you got
the edges squared up.
I usually make my baby quilts as close to 40" square as possible so
that I can use a coordinated print for the back and not have to piece
it. HMMM -- I'll have to give this a try. I can give one of the quilts
to the DNiece for her little one and save the other two for when they
are needed. Better yet use these "baby quilt" tops as centers for
bigger quilts -- add some borders and a few other coordinated blocks and
it's a done deal :-)! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old February 20th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr[_2_]

On Feb 19, 10:52?pm, "Anne Rogers" wrote:
somewhere, I've seen, heard, or read a plan for doing 3 baby quilts out of 3
pieces of fabric and each ending up a mixture of all 3, or something like
that! Anyway has anyone else come across this, have a link, or anything?

Anne

I know! I know!

You take two 36" pieces together and fold them in half and then in
half again.
You make a 9" cut from each of the two sides that do not include the
center fold.
Now you have two tops. You switch the five square pieces of one
fabric to the other top (4 9" square corners and 1 27" center).
It was shown on Simply Quilts one time, so you could search that sight
for the pictures.
I've bought fabric to do it but haven't got to it yet. Debra in Idaho

Old February 21st 07, 05:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KI Graham

Here it is: I used this with my machine quilting class.
http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt230/

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
somewhere, I've seen, heard, or read a plan for doing 3 baby quilts out of
3 pieces of fabric and each ending up a mixture of all 3, or something
like that! Anyway has anyone else come across this, have a link, or
anything?

Anne

baby quilts done Roberta Zollner Quilting 13 April 4th 06 01:04 PM
Six Baby Quilts Finished joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 11 April 1st 06 04:51 PM
Stippling and baby quilts Harri Kulju Erin Winslow Quilting 2 March 21st 04 12:30 AM
Baby Quilts [email protected] Quilting 5 November 19th 03 02:22 PM
Baby Quilts LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 1 August 22nd 03 05:45 PM