OT - taking care of Winston

Old January 15th 09, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_2_]

Default OT - taking care of Winston

Hi all,

Just a short update on Winston, he is still going strong and resting
comfortably - see pics.

http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/13...425x425Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/42...425x425Q85.jpg

--
Di
Vic Australia

Old January 15th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Awwwww, how sweet - and beautiful - and yes, quite comfortable, thank you.
Now. Have you asked and researched and googled to find out what you can
add to his diet to help him to have the strongest bones possible? Winston
would probably tell you prime ribs and vanilla ice cream but I'm not sure he
can be trusted. Don't let the sweet eyes fool you. Polly

Old January 15th 09, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
rusty rusty is offline
Junior Member

Awwwwww, it's so good to see him cockroaching--give that tummy a rub
for me!

rusty
Old January 15th 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That pic of Winston on his back is way too cute. I am glad he is
resting comfortably.

I spent several hours in the vet's office myself today. We have a
couple of cats that hang outside here that repo folks have abandoned.
(I gave up feeling bad for these folks when I realized how many pets
they just abandon) Anyway one cat got into trouble and needed some
medical care. Let's just say fun purchases are going to be slim for a
bit. Now I really need to find this sweet fellow a good home.

Are vets in other parts of the world as slow as they are here? It
seems to be over an hour to have pets looked at and leave them and then
another hour and a half to pick them up.
Every vet in the area here seems at least that bad. The really good
vet sometimes takes a couple hours. Pretty frustrating.

Heal well sweet Winston,
Taria

Old January 15th 09, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_2_]

Hi Taria,

The night Winston broke his leg, I spent 1-1/2 hrs at the surgery then she
told me to go home and he would ring when he was ready to come home. She
didn't do the op then, just put a splint on the leg to stop it from moving,
so I suppose with the after hours and being on call for everyone else, the
time frame wasn't too bad.

I can honestly say I have never really had to wait more than 15/20 mins at
the vets even at the hospital where they did his op was a short wait.

Hope you find a for ever home for the kitty. Some people should have to
pass a test before being allowed to have pets.

Di, Winston, Indy, and Mishka, Cami, LouLou and MontyMan.

Old January 15th 09, 08:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Aaaaahhhhh!
..

In message , DiMa
writes
Hi all,

Just a short update on Winston, he is still going strong and resting
comfortably - see pics.

http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/13...425x425Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/42...425x425Q85.jpg

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 15th 09, 08:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

DiMa wrote:
Hi all,

Just a short update on Winston, he is still going strong and resting
comfortably - see pics.

http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/13...425x425Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/42...425x425Q85.jpg

I gotta love that second pic!

Cornflake, before divesting himself of the final plaster...
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co....blue%20leg.JPG

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old January 15th 09, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

He is soooo adorable!!!

amy in CNY
Old January 15th 09, 06:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"DiMa" wrote:

Hi all,

Just a short update on Winston, he is still going strong and resting
comfortably - see pics.

http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/13...425x425Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/42...425x425Q85.jpg

ROFLOL! Yes, he certainly does look comfortable, even with his leg
straight up in the air! I'm *so* glad that he's doing well, Di!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old January 16th 09, 12:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

Default Get tested before getting an animal was OT - taking care of Winston

Speaking of passing a test before you get a pet - my next door neighbor got
a dog for their family - 3 boys - for Xmas. Santa brought Lexie to them.
The dog came to them thru a friend, who had a friend that is recently
divorced. The ex-husband took the kids to Disneyland over the summer &
bought a dog & delivered the 3 kids & dog to the ex-wife when he returned
home. Two of the kids didn't even want a dog - is that possible?? And the
wife definitely did not want a dog as she has had to go back to work since
the divorce. Lexie was on her way to the shelter when my neighbor found out
about her. It almost sounds like the husband was trying to assuage his
guilt or make his ex' life even more challenging! Perfect Xmas present for
the boys next door. She is a sweet Golden Retriever & maybe something else.

Pauline
Northern California

DiMa wrote:

Hi all,

Just a short update on Winston, he is still going strong and resting
comfortably - see pics.

http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/13...425x425Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/42...425x425Q85.jpg

OT - In Oregon, taking care of Dad Jalynne Quilting 9 October 6th 07 07:07 PM
Taking care of ADD Dr. Sooz Beads 5 October 28th 04 08:24 PM
Alan Winston Cher Yarn 5 June 12th 04 04:26 PM