this can be a stupid question - Why do you need to foil the glass?

Old April 25th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default this can be a stupid question - Why do you need to foil the glass?

...........and is it the same process with solding ?

What I understand it if I wanted to cut sheets of various colored glass
I have to cut them into interconnectable shapes, then I would have to
use lead to put between the shaped glass and use a torch to melt the
lead in order to "glue" the glasses together.

Do I understand correctly?

Thank you for your comments
Sitthichoke

Old April 25th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

wrote in message
oups.com...

..........and is it the same process with solding ?

What I understand it if I wanted to cut sheets of various colored glass
I have to cut them into interconnectable shapes, then I would have to
use lead to put between the shaped glass and use a torch to melt the
lead in order to "glue" the glasses together.

Do I understand correctly?

Thank you for your comments
Sitthichoke

Kinda, but not quite the answer. Very general idea.

Old May 2nd 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

wrote in message
oups.com...

..........and is it the same process with solding ?

What I understand it if I wanted to cut sheets of various colored glass
I have to cut them into interconnectable shapes, then I would have to
use lead to put between the shaped glass and use a torch to melt the
lead in order to "glue" the glasses together.

Do I understand correctly?

Thank you for your comments
Sitthichoke

Give it a try and see what happens...or better yet get yourself a book
first, or take a class.

--

JK Sinrod
www.sinrodstudios.com