My "new" stash.

Old April 18th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default My "new" stash.

Today, a friend of my wifes came over to the house with a present.
This woman had recently lost her mother and she was going through the
things to clean out the house in order to put it on the market for
sale. She brought me a large plastic trash bag with bolts of small
print quilting fabric and cutting templates and rotary cutting mats
and said that she hoped I could use them. I was floored. The prints
are all lovely and in colors I would probably have chosen to use if I
had bought them. Muslin 108" back material in bolts. I was
overwhelmed. I had done a few favors over the years for this woman and
she must have seen this as a way to pay me back. Now I do have the
foundation of a stash and it has some meaning as the woman who died
was a very accomplished quilter and I have a chance to continue her
legacy. Out of her passing a memory is carried on. A truly remarkable
day.

John

Old April 18th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I'm so glad you have experienced 'inheritance' John.
It will be nice to be making things with that fabric and thinking of the
link between past and present.
..
In message . com, John
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old April 18th 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

What a wonderful gift! I hope you enjoy it!
--
Debi

Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.

ups.com...

Old April 19th 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

What a beautiful gift! Enjoy it and remember her as you do.

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)
ups.com...

Old April 19th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Oh how wonderful!!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old April 19th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article . com,
John wrote:

[...]

What a lovely thing for your DW's friend to have done! And how wonderful
that the fabrics are the sorts you'll be happy using!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old April 19th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Wonderful! It couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. Enjoy your new
stash, John!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

ups.com...

Old April 19th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

What a wonderful thing to come of someone's sadness. How nice they thought
of you.
Gen

ups.com...

Old April 19th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On 18 Apr 2007 14:23:57 -0700, John
wrote:

[...]

What a nice story, John. I know it will get used since you are such a
quick quilter.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old April 19th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

I am sure that as a quilter the lady would have been pleased
to see her precious stash passed on to someone who
appreciates it.

I have never "inherited" any stash as such. Our group was
given a lot of fabric by the DH of one of our members who
passed away. We finished her quilts that were in progress
and made him a quilt from part of her stash.

BTW - I think my group are all waiting for me to fall
off my perch so they can "inherit" (rofl)

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o

"John" wrote in message
[...]