OT Popping up for air, and a story (spew warning!)

Old December 31st 04, 09:57 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Default OT Popping up for air, and a story (spew warning!)

I've been packing, cleaning, and painting like crazy. Luckily, I already had
the crazy part down pat! LOL

Here's a story for you all, courtesy of Click and Clack. Enjoy!

According to a news report, a certain private school in Washington was
recently faced with a unique problem.

A number of 12-year-old girls were beginning to use lipstick and would put
it on in the bathroom. That was fine, but after they put on their lipstick
they would press their lips to the mirror leaving dozens of little lip
prints. Every night the maintenance man would remove them and the next day
the girls would put them back.

Finally the principal decided that something had to be done. She called all
the girls to the bathroom and met them there with the maintenance man. She
explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the
custodian who had to clean the mirrors every night. To demonstrate how
difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, she asked the maintenance man to
show the girls how much effort was required.

He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in the toilet, and cleaned
the mirror with it. Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror.

There are teachers, and then there are educators.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old December 31st 04, 10:16 PM
Pat in Virginia

Woo hoo!! That is a good one. Will pass it along.
Good luck on the move, Kathy.
PAT in VA/USA

Old December 31st 04, 10:28 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

[...]

Kathy, it's a good thing I heeded your spew warning and put down my tea!
Thanks for the laugh! G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old January 1st 05, 02:22 AM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

I've been packing, cleaning, and painting like crazy. Luckily, I already had
the crazy part down pat! LOL

Does this mean it's moving time?

marcella
always curious
Old January 2nd 05, 07:53 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Marcella Tracy Peek" wrote in message
In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

I've been packing, cleaning, and painting like crazy. Luckily, I already
had
the crazy part down pat! LOL

Does this mean it's moving time?

marcella
always curious

We get the keys on Wednesday, and moving starts Friday. What time shall I
put you down for helping? *evil grin*