Shops in Georgia (USA)

Old February 23rd 05, 06:49 PM
John Quinn

Default Shops in Georgia (USA)

We will be moving to Statesboro, GA this summer and I was wondering
about shops in the area. Statesboro is near Savannah. Anything else
you think I should know or consider feel free to let me know.
John
Old February 24th 05, 04:19 AM
gastitcher

John,
there is a shop in Savannah called Twiggs in downtown area. It is
mostly
needle point. nice people. In N. Augusta S.C there is a Great
cross-stitch
shop called Counted Stitches. well worth the ride and a needlpoint
shop
in Akien S.C . I think in Brunswick Ga or St Simons there is one also a
shop but, can't remember the name. But there is nothing real close to
Statesboro.

hope this helps
carol in south ga

Old February 24th 05, 04:45 PM
John Quinn

Thanks Carol,

I will check out Twiggs when I get there. As I understand it the two
shops in S.C. aren't too far away, so once we're settled we'll have to
check them out also. We have friends in Atlanta as well as Fla. are
there shops on the way in either of those directions that I should check
out while on a road trip?
John

Old February 24th 05, 09:59 PM
Gill Murray

John Quinn wrote:

John,

I have started listing all LNSs they I have come across in pots and=20
lists. It is only just started, but here are the very skimpy lisys for=20
georgia and Florida. I know there are very many more.

Gillian

gillmurray1 at verizon dot net

FLORIDA

The Someday Shop is in Historic Kissimmee on Main St.

Needlecraft World is in the Osceola Mall on the Rt 192 near the=20
tourist area. Kissimmee

The Black Sheep is located in Winter Park. That is a northern suburb of =

Orlando.

DreamStitchers in Mt. Dora

Cross Stitch N More in Trenton

Brick City Stitches in Ocala

Knit and Stitch in Cocoa (Cocoa Village)

Carolyn=92s Frame-Up & Cross-stitch Cranny. Grove park shopping center on=
=20
Bartow Rd (US98S) My LNS!!!

Needle Orts, in Altamonte Springs, FL

Stuart Stitchery & Yarns (Stuart)

Lasting Impressions - 3438 East Lake Rd., Suite 6, Palm Harbor, FL=20
34685. Their phone number is 727-786-6362.

Always in Stitches 9339 Alt. A1A Lake Park, FL 33403 561 - 848 =96 8024=

Toll Free 1-888-6-Needle
http://www.alwaysinstitches.com/

Penelope's Breads and Threads.
353 N. Swinton Ave.,
Delray Beach, FL 33444
(561) 272-1000

Miami. Cross Stitch Station at 18 SW 8
Street(the corner of 8 street and Miami Avenue) 305/372-3730=20
www.miamicrossstitch.com

Absolutely Needlepoint at 2625 SW 28 Street(a block north and east of 27 =

Ave) Miami. 305/858-1212

Cross Stitch Cupboard at 1600 NE 26 Street in Fort Lauderdale,=20
1-800-572-4153.

GEORGIA]

Dogwood Patch in Blairsville Ga

There is a shop in Savannah called Twiggs in downtown area. It is mostly=

needle point.

I think in Brunswick Ga or St Simons there is one also a shop but, can't =

remember the name.

In Decatur there is Neese's. They have more yarn and needlepoint than=20
they do cross stitch. They do have some very nice yarn.

The other shop is The Needlework House. It is located near Gwinnett=20
Mall on Satellite Blvd. It is new but getting in new stock daily.
Old February 25th 05, 12:44 AM
gastitcher

john,
Don't really know much about Fla Stores but in Atlanta (dd lives
there) my favorite needlepoint shop is The Needled Canvas in
Marietta. They are mostly painted canvases
with a great selection of threads and the
customer service is great. There is also a
cross stitch shop in Marietta called Abecedarius. Both shops are worth
a visit.

Also I belong to a group on Yahoo called
stitch georgia . It is not a very active group but if something is
going on or a new shop opens somebody usually sends an e-mail.
You might want to join us.
If I can help you in any other way please
let me know.

carol

Old February 25th 05, 05:02 AM
Karen C - California

Gill Murray wrote:
LNSs I have come across in pots

In what kind of pots do you come across LNSs? I need to get a set of
those pots for my kitchen!!!

Old February 25th 05, 01:51 PM
Gill Murray

Karen C - California wrote:
Gill Murray wrote:
LNSs I have come across in pots

In what kind of pots do you come across LNSs? I need to get a set of
those pots for my kitchen!!!

Smartie pants!!

Maybe they are floss-pots?