wanted to say Hi

Old February 16th 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Christina In ok

Default wanted to say Hi

I am still here,

I have a part time job I will be starting soon at our local post office
as a fill in and working 1/2 day on Saturdays,
I have been told when and if I am ready I can go to others PO our area and
work too make a or almost a 40 hour check if I wish and when I am ready.
( I think I will just stick with Saturdays and when our postmaster has to
take off for now)

this job landed right in my lap!

Monday afternoon I will be off to the Big City for 3 nights, for orientation
during the day starting Tuesday morning and ending Thursday Afternoon.

There has been a lot of changes going on in my life..
I am now 16 days clean of cig's.
I seen the Dr. today I have a new RX for a lung infection, and a refill for
Chantix ( stop smoking meds)
other then that he found a hole in my left ear drum.
so the DR., is sending me on to a Ear Dr. the day after I get back on the
23rd. I am in NO pain so I don't think I will op for a surgery.. I will
wait and see what he thinks before I decide anything.
I am just a little hard of hearing, and have been that way for awhile now,
LOL

I still haven't picked up sewing again yet ( due to a broken chair) and I
just haven't felt up to it yet,
I hope soon or in a few months..

Lets hope I am not on the right track now..

OH and DH is starting to come around now,, I have been really telling it too
him.. I think he knows I will not put up with any of his silliness anymore.

so other then the few hiccup's, I am doing well

Old February 16th 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna

Glad to hear from you. I have been wondering how you were doing. Hope
all goes well for you.
Take Care
Joanna
remove quilt to reply

Old February 16th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.

So glad things are looking better for you, Christina. Good luck with the new
job!!

--
Donna in NE La.

Old February 16th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Wonderful news! I'm so happy things are looking up. Congrats on the job -how
lucky to get something that doesn't need a huge adjustment in your life.
(And with 3 days in the Big City, maybe you'll find time for a quilt store!)
Roberta in D

Old February 16th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Great to hear of these forward moves, Christina.
It's great that you have a job, with potential for expansion as and when
you want it. Well done.
Enjoy the course, and hope the job goes well.
..
In message , Christina In
ok writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 17th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA \(state\)

Hi, Christina (waving wildly from the NW USA)!!! So glad to hear that
things are improving for you. This is wonderful news.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Old February 17th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

Good to hear from you and it sounds like things are turning around for you.
I'm very happy for you and hope the trend continues indefinitely!
{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}
--
Debi

Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.

Old February 17th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

So glad to hear about the job. Stick with the no smoking life change.
That is easy for someone who has never smoked to say but I know how
many times I have fallen off the no junk food wagon. Giving up
anything that satisfies us is difficult. I will continue to pray for
you and your family. Keep in touch.

Susan Price

Old February 17th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

"Christina In ok" wrote in message
I am still here,

I have a part time job I will be starting soon at our local post
office as a fill in and working 1/2 day on Saturdays,
I have been told when and if I am ready I can go to others PO our area and
work too make a or almost a 40 hour check if I wish and when I am ready.
( I think I will just stick with Saturdays and when our postmaster has to
take off for now)

this job landed right in my lap!

Christine, this can be a great thing. My Aunt started out like you and
after about 10 years of part-time her boss retired and she became
postmistress in their tiny town. She retired after about 5 years.

Thanks to the Postal Workers Union, she and her (formerly farmer) husband
have wonderful retirement benefits and lifetime health insurance that would
cost most of us the earth. Her wages were pretty good when she was working
full time, but these benefits are outstanding.

Hang in there. You will soon know more about your town and it's people than
you ever thought possible.

Cindy

OT -- Wanted blackrosequilts Quilting 9 August 18th 06 03:03 PM
pottery tools wanted/ glass kiln wanted BOB SANDOVAL Pottery 1 September 24th 05 12:21 AM
WANTED: DVD Set Tinkster Beads 1 July 12th 05 01:37 AM
Wanted Sutton Marketplace 0 August 29th 03 08:46 AM