Valentine Top Finished

Old February 9th 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

Default Valentine Top Finished

Hey, I finished the Valentine Mystery Quilt top that Jessamy created.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16989612@N00/?saved=1 Fun, fun, fun.
It is humanly impossible to cut out pretty pink hearts and put them on
pretty pinker/red fabric and not smile. This was such fun. I have not
done any mystery quilts before, but I'm looking forward to the next
one now. I know it won't have hearts, but I am totally a Jessamy's
Mystery Quilts fan now. Thank you, Jessamy. This is a real keeper.
And my husband likes this wallhanging, too. Amazing for something
pretty and pink and completely girly.

And a dear friend who does long arm quilting has offered to quilt it
for me. I think I will let her. I just can't stop smiling. And I don't
want to.

Sunny

Old February 9th 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

Hey, I finished the Valentine Mystery Quilt top that Jessamy created.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16989612@N00/?saved=1 Fun, fun, fun.
It is humanly impossible to cut out pretty pink hearts and put them on
pretty pinker/red fabric and not smile. This was such fun. I have not
done any mystery quilts before, but I'm looking forward to the next
one now. I know it won't have hearts, but I am totally a Jessamy's
Mystery Quilts fan now. Thank you, Jessamy. This is a real keeper.
And my husband likes this wallhanging, too. Amazing for something
pretty and pink and completely girly.

it's great!

I only just heard of the concept of mystery quilts, was this a class, or a
kit or what?

Anne

Old February 9th 07, 06:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

This is the URL for the mystery quilt site run by our own dear
Jessamy. Other mystery quilts are offered by various magazines,
websites, quilt shops, etc. But Jessamy's mystery quilts, I think, are
probably as good a place as you could find to begin working on mystery
quilts.

Sunny

Old February 9th 07, 12:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ceridwen

That's really nice. Gosh Jessamy is creative! I like your choice of fabrics.
Thanks for sharing.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
http://360.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

ups.com...

Old February 9th 07, 12:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

it's beautiful Sunny! in fact it's just how I imagined it would look with
those fabrics!
I am so glad you like it and your DH too! good for you for listening to your
quilt and making a double border g

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Old February 9th 07, 12:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

thanks Sunny!

--
Jessamy blushing at the compliments

Old February 9th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

This was a surprise pattern I gave to the members of my mystery group. (see
Sunny's post)

usually I give fabric requirements and cutting instructions before hand and
then do the pattern step by step over a weekend. you do not know what you
are making till it's finished except what size the project will be. one of
the patterns I did last year had scraps so I gave a bonus pattern for using
them up too :-)

Old February 9th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DLW

Our Anniversary is Valentines day and I LOVE THIS quilt too! I have signed up for jessamy's yahoo group and I'm gonna try to power this out. Right before Thanksgiving (three weeks before exactly) I decided my livingroom/diningroom needed painted.. OMG WHAT A CHORE!! I did it by myself, sanded all the woodwork and windowsills which there is ALOT and I did it and it's beautiful! When I was done, I decided this blank wall right inside my front door (small entry way) would be used to display Holiday type wallhangings thru the year. Seasonal ones too when we don't have a holiday. I have NOT done one single wall hanging for that wall yet so I hope to have this one done over the weekend to hang as the FIRST ONE!!
Thanks Sunny for sharing and Jessamy for creating!!
Debi

Old February 9th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

Oh, Sunny!!! That's adorable. Don't let my oldest grand-daughter see it!
grin
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

ups.com...

Old February 9th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

usually I give fabric requirements and cutting instructions before hand
and
then do the pattern step by step over a weekend. you do not know what you
are making till it's finished except what size the project will be. one of
the patterns I did last year had scraps so I gave a bonus pattern for
using
them up too :-)

I've joined the group, when do you next plan to do one?

Anne