Non bummer I-Pod

Old February 4th 10, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

Default Non bummer I-Pod

I have a Sony Walkman (mp3) and it died, they replaced it for $25. I
had to reload all my stuff, not fun, but I love having my tunes with
me. We have a Sansa 16 gig., made by Sandisk, that we put talking
books on which we listen to in the car. It has quite a few books on
it, all of which are archived on our mirrored backup, so at least we
won't loose the books if the Sansa dies. Darn thing cost more than
twice what my Sony cost.
Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 12:26:48 -0800 (PST), John
wrote:

Well. It seems that my I-pod has come back from the dead. Last night I
could not make it work, and it just sat there glowing brightly, and
not emitting any noise. Nor could I shut it off. After talking with
Apple tech, (In India), the determination was that the hard drive had
destroyed itself. So much for outsourced labor. I was sitting here in
front of my computer and decided to give it one more chance to come to
life. I plugged it into the speaker module and lo and behold; the
sweet dulcet sounds of Ben Webster playing a most mellow version of My
Romance came sweetly flowing from the speakers. I have no idea what
did happen to it, but it is running and playing music like always. Go
figure! So I can save myself some money and not replace it and go
through all the bother of reloading all the music in a new one. Whew!I
Now I think that letting it drain down the internal battery must have
caused the hard drive to release the lock that it had given itself,
and when I plugged it in, it just started right up. Does anybody know
if this sort of thing is possible? That is way above my pay grade as
to diagnostic possibilities. Whatever it is, that is fine with me. It
does probably does indicate that it might be time to think about some
future replacement, but at least, not now.

John

Old February 6th 10, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

I've heard about iPods locking up. I think the "fix" was to drain the
battery and then recharge. Taking the battery out and replacing it (if that
is possible -- I think it isn't?) might also do the trick. Come to think of
it, I think the same article I read groused at Apple for not making the
batter consumer-accessible.

Dragonfly

Old February 7th 10, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Witchystitcher

I do know that mine freezes sometimes that that there is a fix on the
website for unfreezing it.

http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/ip...rt/index.shtml

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Queen of Boxtops

A Bummer! John Quilting 11 February 4th 10 10:55 AM
bummer Kellie J. Berger Quilting 14 August 10th 06 10:01 PM
a major bummer Linda Sweigart Quilting 6 April 6th 05 01:22 PM
Holiday bummer :( NoraBalcer Yarn 0 December 9th 04 04:13 PM
What a bummer (highly depressing) Kandice Seeber Beads 12 October 4th 04 07:06 PM