OT Acreage pics

Old January 19th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.

Default OT Acreage pics

WOW!! Good Luck!

--
Donna in NE La.
"Marigold" wrote in message
Ok. I put 4 of the real estate pics on webshots
www.webshots.com/user/marigolds22
Hope the link works. If not, I'll have to fix it when I get back from
work. Running late already.

Marilyn
in soon to be at this acreage, I hope
Alberta, Canada

Old January 19th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold

Isn't that the truth. Luckily? I have moved probably every 4 to 8 years for
my whole adult life. I can't imagine how much "stuff" I would have if I
hadn't been somewhat forced to throw stuff out. Unfortunately, DH and I are
both pack rats and are still hauling around a ton of stuff we don't use. I'm
hoping this move will help us to declutter a whole lot more.
I'm hoping to adopt the attitude that if we don't have a specific place for
it, that it's not coming in the house. It can go into storage for awhile
till we get a chance to go through it and decide if it will ever again have
a place in our life.
(not including my "stash" of course) VBG

Marilyn
in beautiful, springtime like Alberta, Canada

"Jacqueline in KY" quilter at mountain-breeze dot com wrote in message
Wow, That is one pretty piece of land Marilyn. So rustic looking, I
love it. I would love to have a house like that but will just stick
with what I have, I wouldn't dare move for fear of what I might throw
out doing so. You know over 30 years in one house you sure do get a
lot of stuff.

Jacqueline in KY

Old January 19th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold

Oh dear... you had to go look at that link, didn't you!
So far I have resisted. Mostly because I am so overwhelmed with other stuff
right now. I'm wondering when I'm going to get back to the baby quilt that
is spread out on the floor in the living room now.
The apple butter fabrics are wonderful tho. I ordered some fat quarters of
them last fall.
I went thru the drawers in my bedroom last fall and got rid of a pile, but
should have got rid of more. Maybe on this move.

Marilyn in
beautiful Alberta, Canada
"Jacqueline in KY" quilter at mountain-breeze dot com wrote in message
Marilyn,

I am trying to develop the attitude that if you haven't been in that
drawer for years everything in it can go. I have 21 drawers to my
bedroom suite but I only use 5 of them for clothing. But I have every
single drawer full and also every single drawer in my guestroom and
some of the ones in dad's chest. I am fixing to do some throwing out
and make room for my stash which is currently in the floor. I can't
imagine adding another 24 yards of fabric that I ordered today. 18
from that store with the apple butter fabric and some wedding fabric
from over the rainbow. Gotta get to cleaning those drawers.

Jacqueline in KY

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:34:21 -0700, "Marigold"
wrote:

[...]

. ..

Old January 19th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Beautiful, just beautiful! Hey Marilyn, it looks like you have enough
land to build a "second" log home that would be perfect for a quilt
retreat!!! I'll bring the wine!

Patti in Seattle

Old January 19th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

What a wonderful place. That is my kind of house.
Hope everything goes smoothly. Escrow is so different
than it used to be. Everything is fast and that makes
for less time worrying!
Happy Moving to you.
Taria

Old January 19th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Oh wow! What a find!

It's gorgeous!

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

"DLW" wrote in message ...
GORGEOUS!!! Good Luck!!

Debi

Old January 20th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

Oh, my fingers and toes and eyeballs are all crossed for you. I am so
jealous!!! I would like nothing more than to live out in the country
someplace, plenty of room for some horses and for the dog to run whenever he
likes! Woods and fields to explore, all the cool critters and plants/flowers
to photograph.... *sigh*

--
Debi

Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.

Old January 20th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold

I'd love that too... we'll have to see what we get for the place we are in
now.
We plan on building DH a shop, with room for him to teach classes. We have
discussed building it large enough to hold a quilt studio for me, with room
for a "someday" long arm set up. I have thoughts on a little more
expansion.... and who knows. First we have to actually own the place. Then
we have to see how much money is left over after this place sells.

I do plan on having a dedicated sewing space the way it is now, so if you
have a travel trailer there is lots of room in the yard to set up, so come
on over!

Until we get the shop built there will not be any guest space in the house
unless someone is will to sleep on the floor in the living room.

Old January 20th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold

I understand that feeling so well. I've had those same thoughts for a long
time now. It will be great to actually be out in the country.
Feel free to come visit and bring the dog. You'll need to bring a trailer or
tent to sleep in though. The house will be kind of crowed till we get the
shop built.

hlink.net...

Old January 20th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Wonderful! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, Marilyn!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

New pics Marlys in Indiana Quilting 9 December 25th 05 06:31 AM
My show on Friday - a few pics of items - comments? Kandice Seeber Beads 48 November 11th 04 09:51 PM
New pics now posted Ann Quilting 12 October 21st 04 01:13 AM
Pics of projects granny Quilting 9 April 30th 04 03:39 PM
Woohoo! New Pics! MelissaInNJ Quilting 7 March 2nd 04 03:11 PM