Quickest Star

Old September 24th 06, 07:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default Quickest Star

Here is a goofy question that will no doubt garner all manner of
varying responses.

What pieced star motif quilt top do you feel goes together the
quickest?

Talking about central motif type patterns here.

I find that broken stars, star spins, and log cabin stars go together
pretty quickly, of course you can use log cabin technology to put
together almost any central star like that. I find it is faster for
me to do stars with smaller sections, so a broken star goes together
faster for me than a lone star. Of course a lone star done with
stripes (useing strips to make stripes) goes together pretty darn fast
too.

NightMist

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.
Old September 24th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

We found the Carpenter's Wheel over at www.quilterscache.com was fast and
quite beautiful. It did not have any hidden tricky parts. All you need with
that one is the ability and patience to do reasonably accurate 1/4' seams.
And just what, friend, are you up to? Polly

Old September 24th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

Ohio Star is easy -- if you can do 1/4 square triangles (they really aren't hard -- I use the
square ... draw diagonal line ...sew either side of the line...repeat.... method) Email me and I
can send you easy directions. http://www.quilterscache.com/M_O/OhioStarBlock.html

Another is the Friendship Star -- 1/2 square triangles .. which are even easier then 1/4 square
triangles. Thangles are handy for that as well!
http://www.quilterscache.com/D_F/Fri...StarBlock.html

One I really want to do (but probably wouldn't appear on an easy star list) is the Hunters Star.
http://www.quilterscache.com/G_I/HuntersStarBlock.html I've seen it in quilts and it is just
striking!

Kate in MI

Old September 24th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

I tend to do central star tops for quilts when the gift wars escalate
to scary levels. I choose them for such for the very reason that they
are fast yet give quite a handsome quilt.
DH asked me the other day which one was quickest, so I expect he has a
vict^H^H^H^H^H^H...errr...recipient in mind.

NightMist
reveling in a box full of Cafe du Monde goodness (amongst other fine
things), so can guess who.

Old September 24th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dorothy McNutt

I made a carpenter's wheel wall hanging this year. If
you want to take a look at it on the Wall hanging
section of my webshots.
http://community.webshots.com/user/dreamboat116
dreamboat

Old September 25th 06, 07:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

That's lovely, Dorothy.
Those blue flowers 'lift' it so well.
..
In message , Dorothy
McNutt writes
I made a carpenter's wheel wall hanging this year. If
you want to take a look at it on the Wall hanging
section of my webshots.
http://community.webshots.com/user/dreamboat116
dreamboat

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 25th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
julia sidebottom

NightMist wrote:
Here is a goofy question that will no doubt garner all manner of
varying responses.

What pieced star motif quilt top do you feel goes together the
quickest?

Talking about central motif type patterns here.

I find that broken stars, star spins, and log cabin stars go together
pretty quickly, of course you can use log cabin technology to put
together almost any central star like that. I find it is faster for
me to do stars with smaller sections, so a broken star goes together
faster for me than a lone star. Of course a lone star done with
stripes (useing strips to make stripes) goes together pretty darn fast
too.

NightMist

Gosh, I never really put much thought to that one. I make a lot of
stars but never considered the motif I use to quilt with. Humm... I
will have to think about that one. Surely the Friendship Star would go
very quickly.
julia