3rd day into reclaiming quilt room

Old January 7th 04, 11:08 PM
Butterfly

Just simply 'having a set of 8' once again. I THINK that is all I am looking
for : )
Have quite a mish mash of odd ones and noone really seems to mind. Hadn't
really thought about it until Cmas when the table was being set at 3 AM (so
I couldn't sleep)-used the Butterfly Dishes I got last spring : )
Then we used the Fine China for Dinner and once again-no glasses--do have
the cups/saucers that go with them but no glasses (that was ok as we used
all the 'oddments' of stemmed glasses---Pepsi on 2 different ones no
less--nothing on others--etched on others)

Butterfly (I have a 'mission' )

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Diana Curtis wrote:

You know... all this talk about glasses makes me think Id like something
other than the nice coca cola glasses of Mikes... but a set would soon
become not a set around here. So, what to do? I think this summer I will
scour the garage sales and find 8 'similar to each other' glasses. That

way
if one breaks I can go look for another one thats similar. What are the
chances I can find a 'set' like this? :-)
Diana

A friend of mine a long time ago had a collection of old glasses...
Just odd ones she picked up here and there... Some were ancient
Edwardian etched things, some were cut crystal... Some were new, picked
up in the sales, some were old, picked up at jumble sales and junk
shops, and some were gifts. There were no two the same size or shape:
you chose a glass according to your needs that evening! No bother with
putting you glass down and not knowing whose was whiches either! I
thought it was a charming idea, and she never ever had to worry about
having a full set!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old January 7th 04, 11:28 PM
melinda

Diana Curtis wrote:
Im leaning towards melamine! Do they still make it?
Diana

They do here, or at least all the baby/kid stuff is melamine.
You can't get kids stuff in china any more, which makes my
old Bunnykins china at M & Ds quite a nice heirloom as it's
an unbroken set.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old January 7th 04, 11:37 PM
Butterfly

Would you like me to send you my Tupperware bowl that has a huge piece out
of the side of the rim? Nah..not worth the postage : )
It is now used in DH's 'work area' for whatever.
Butterfly
"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Butterfly wrote:

I have 3 plates 1 saucer and 2 bowls left of them. DH got them for me

when I
was at my 'worst' of breaking stuff.
They aren't suppose to break Honey......

There's only one answer: Tupperware!

Old January 7th 04, 11:56 PM
Linda D.

Interesting... Here in Canada we can still get the kids stuff
in china. Every Spring our store gets Beatrix Potter boxed sets. The
sets vary, but there are bowls, plates, mugs, etc. I'm pretty sure
the Bunnykins are available too.

take care, Linda

Diana Curtis wrote:
Im leaning towards melamine! Do they still make it?
Diana

Vancouver Island, bc.ca (remove 'nospam' to reply)
See samples of my work at: www.members.shaw.ca/deugau

Old January 8th 04, 12:45 AM
Kate Dicey

melinda wrote:

Diana Curtis wrote:
Im leaning towards melamine! Do they still make it?
Diana

They do here, or at least all the baby/kid stuff is melamine.
You can't get kids stuff in china any more, which makes my
old Bunnykins china at M & Ds quite a nice heirloom as it's
an unbroken set.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

Bunnikins is still made! Hm... Can't see any of the plates and things,
but they do seem to have made lots of figures! However, they HAVE made
a heap of Pooh stuff:
http://www.royal-doulton.com/main/ht...urseryware.htm

The Peter Rabbit stuff is still made, too... Wedgwood, that is. Look:
http://www.wedgwood.com/portfolio/pa...n=Peter+Rabbit
Old January 8th 04, 12:47 AM
Kate Dicey

Butterfly wrote:

Would you like me to send you my Tupperware bowl that has a huge piece out
of the side of the rim? Nah..not worth the postage : )
It is now used in DH's 'work area' for whatever.
Butterfly

Send it back to them! That stuff has a lifetime guarantee, so they
should just replace it. They did with some bits of mine that chipped.
Old January 8th 04, 12:58 AM
Sharon Harper

and if you lose a lid or a "bottom" they can also replace those - rather
cheaply I might add too!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old January 8th 04, 04:16 PM
Pati Cook

So, contact Tupperware and they will replace the bowl. Unless it is damaged
from heat, microwave, (Except for the micro wave safe TW) dogs chewing, being
run over by a car or truck, or has been cut, the replacement is free. Someone
should even come to pick it up and bring the new one. (Did a lot of that in
the 10 years I sold TW. ) If the piece has been discontinued and is no longer
available they will substitute with the replacement item or the value, at the
time it was discontinued, towards something new.

Pati, in Phx

Old January 8th 04, 08:33 PM
Roberta Zollner

Remember, Pati, the characteristic of chaos is that it contains pockets of
order! This is mathematically proven :-) So don't give up hope.
Roberta in D

"Pati Cook" wrote in message
Kate, and Cozy, (and anyone else.........g)
My whole house has succumbed to the effects of entropy and chaos. sigh.

I try to
work on it a bit each day, but that doesn't always happen.

Pati, in Phx

Kate Dicey wrote:

cozy wrote:

Diana.. wow, I'm glad people are enjoying my efforts... I have to

admit that
before I began sharing it I was a little scared, thinking people would

be
horrified at the state of mess I have going here!

We are - horrified that your health has let you down so far that it has
got in such a mess! However, if you pop over to my web site (URL below)
you can see that mine was also in a dire state, and took some clearing!
Unfortunately, as I am at present advised against lifting boxes of
fabric due to the gall bladder extraction on 23 December, mine has
reverted to chaos... I think it's called entropy!

So many of us have had health and stress issues leading to a like state
in our sewing spaces that we do understand, and cheer you on every step
of the way.

Old January 9th 04, 02:58 AM
melinda

Kate Dicey wrote:
Roberta Zollner wrote:

Remember, Pati, the characteristic of chaos is that it contains pockets of
order! This is mathematically proven :-) So don't give up hope.
Roberta in D

My chaos contains pockets of mess!

I have what could be best described as 'semi-organised chaos'.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol