semi OT moses basket

Old December 30th 03, 05:48 PM
Dr. Quilter

Default semi OT moses basket

anybody knows where I can get a nice moses basket with a mattress but
without all the frills? I want to decorate it simply, all I found online
seem to have tons of frills and fabric and cost a ton as well. there is
a lady on ebay but I lost the bid (odd, it had a buy it now for 50
bucks, I placed a bid for 41, the bidding only went up to 31 and I
didn't get it because I did not meet the reserve even if my bid was
higher than that, would you put the reserve at the same value as the buy
it now?) anyway, she is out of town until Jan 10 so I cannot contact her
about her other auctions...
--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old December 30th 03, 06:07 PM
frood

I got mine at USA Baby (or is it Baby USA? I can never remember) but it is a
big chain store. Mine had a simple striped mattress cover (and I bought some
bassinet sheets to change as needed), and came with a blanket that matched,
but we never used. It was too hot when they were born. Spike and Giles spent
much time in that basket! When I took them anywhere (especially in the early
days when they were too small for the stroller), they went in their basket,
together. Before I get flamed, they were in their very own car seats in the
car - the basket was used to carry them, to the Dr. office, the LQS, etc.

They also napped in the basket. Since they shared a room with their brother,
and sometimes he wanted to play during naptime, they napped on the couch in
the basket. Spike would become agitated when Giles was removed (for feeding
or diaper changes), so a stuffed piglet was used as a Giles substitute.
Spike would quiet back down immediately!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old December 31st 03, 12:37 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Too funny. Easily replaced by a Piglet.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"frood" wrote in message
r.com...
[...]

---

Old December 31st 03, 12:45 AM
Polly Esther

That's not funny either. I am easily replaced by an 8 pound Yorkie. He's
lots warmer and he doesn't have icy feet. Kind of a sloppy kisser tho.
Polly

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
Too funny. Easily replaced by a Piglet.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

r.com...

Old December 31st 03, 01:45 AM
CNYstitcher

Well....I have one that I got in Panama. I'll have to ask DH, but if he
doesn't have a problem with it, I can get it to you cheaply. I made the
mattress for it out of thick sturdy foam.....have never made sheets for
it as most of the baby quilts I have can be snugly tucked all around
it....have used it for both children and both have slept soundly in it
with no troubles....will get back to you after talking to DH.

LArisa

Old December 31st 03, 03:07 PM
Taria

When she is paying for psychological help at 35
years this will come up!
Taria

frood wrote:

She was a very small animal.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
Too funny. Easily replaced by a Piglet.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

r.com...

Old December 31st 03, 03:22 PM
Polly Esther

So am I. Polly

"frood" wrote in message
. com...
She was a very small animal.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
Too funny. Easily replaced by a Piglet.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

r.com...

Old December 31st 03, 10:37 PM
frood

That's it, then. I'm sending her to you. She can have a turn being your
kitchen helper for a while.

--
Wendy (when does school start again?)
de-fang email address to reply

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
So am I. Polly

"frood" wrote in message
. com...
She was a very small animal.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
Too funny. Easily replaced by a Piglet.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér
all in all --- a very slow quilter.... So send quilts!
http://photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

r.com...

Old January 1st 04, 06:27 PM
Dr. Quilter

hey thanks for your kind offer Larisa.. please don't feel obligated by
it though, if you want to keep it please do.. I was just asking since
I've seen them out there for more than a few hundred dollars, and I am
thinking she will outgrow it in a few months!

Dr. Quilter wrote:

anybody knows where I can get a nice moses basket with a mattress but
without all the frills? I want to decorate it simply, all I found
online seem to have tons of frills and fabric and cost a ton as well.
there is a lady on ebay but I lost the bid (odd, it had a buy it now
for 50 bucks, I placed a bid for 41, the bidding only went up to 31
and I didn't get it because I did not meet the reserve even if my bid
was higher than that, would you put the reserve at the same value as
the buy it now?) anyway, she is out of town until Jan 10 so I cannot
contact her about her other auctions...

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

ISO Plastic Sewing Basket Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 7 September 21st 04 10:45 PM
Vintage BASKET Kit - Granny's Purse - on eBay Home Marketplace 0 July 1st 04 11:02 PM
FA: The Basket Book, 30+ Baskets, Lyn Siler, Trade PB Number1Fred Marketplace 0 June 14th 04 12:32 AM
Raku Basket Lcdumas Pottery 1 February 22nd 04 04:48 AM
OT - Moses and the 10 commandments (LONG joke) LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 4 October 6th 03 07:53 PM