Any other newlyweds or under 30yrs?

Old December 21st 03, 07:52 PM
Natalie

Welcome Michelle, Charlotte, Renee, Sindir, and Diana! (Any one else
floating around?)

How did you come to pick up quilting?
I had sort of considered it when I was in high school, but what made
me pick it up this summer was a book called the Quilter's Apprentice
by Jennifer Chiaverini.

(I am discriminating slightlyat the moment, I hope everyone else is ok
with that. There are many many people here and I can't meet them all
at once and hope to get to know them).

(Natalie) wrote in message om...
I've recently enterd a new stage in my life while simultaniously
acquiring a new hobby.

I love my new hobby (quilting silly!) and would love to share it with
anyone who might be on the same path right now...

(I am 26 years old, and I was married last august.)

Old December 21st 03, 08:01 PM
nzl*

our Jennifer reads/occasionally posts here too.
we do consider her one of our own.
just dont go discriminating over the chocolate, lol.
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Natalie" wrote...

Old December 21st 03, 09:09 PM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

I am a newlywed of just under 6 years, have a 2.5 year old and a
grandbaby of under 1 year, and Im 46 *or 47, Im not sure*, and I enjoy
making quilts. Do any of these qualify me, or disqualify me? :-) Diana

Diana, dear, how come you don't know how old you are? I've heard of
plenty who won't admit to how old they are... but no one under about 90
who didn't know when they were born. (In the olden days they didn't
keep good records and memories got fuzzy- like she was born the year of
the big flood or some-such...)

Leslie (ever curious/nosey) & The FOUR Furbabies

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old December 21st 03, 09:12 PM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

How did you come to pick up quilting?
I had sort of considered it when I was in high school, but what made me
pick it up this summer was a book called the Quilter's Apprentice by
Jennifer Chiaverini.

Natalie-

Are you aware that Jennifer is a member of this group? She's not too
active now with her growing family and writing her books, but she still
drops in every once in a while!

Leslie & The FOUR Furbabies

Old December 21st 03, 09:58 PM
Diana Curtis

I think its only because its not really all that important to me to keep
track. Thats all. I dont remember how long DH and I have been married
either... I believe it was in 99 we said our vows officially.. It feels like
yesterday we pledged our love to one another (at least most days it does)
I do remember what year I was born, 57. And the year my children were born,
79, 83 and 01. I think its just the math that gets in my way, that and the
numbers of my age seem to change so rapidly the older I get that it doesnt
pay to remember. I'll save my remembering for important things like a parrot
pattern I promised. :-)
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old December 22nd 03, 12:20 AM
melinda

Natalie wrote:
I've recently enterd a new stage in my life while simultaniously
acquiring a new hobby.

I love my new hobby (quilting silly!) and would love to share it with
anyone who might be on the same path right now...

(I am 26 years old, and I was married last august.)

I come close, married 4 years (it's amazing how times flies!)
and I'm just over 30 (born 1972)

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old December 22nd 03, 12:22 AM
melinda

Keith Pope wrote:
I'm 29 and was married three years ago. I think that still makes me a
newlywed! I'm also so a new mom of a ten-month-old baby girl, and that makes
quilting quite a challenge. Right now, I'm sort of sticking to small
projects, stockings, bag holders (Thanks Joy!), etc, but someday I'll make a
bed quilt. Sigh. Someday. Maybe when she starts sleeping through the
night...
Michelle in Gander

I must be very lucky to have a 5 1/2 month old DS that sleeps through
the night!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old December 22nd 03, 12:55 AM
Natalie

"nzl*" wrote in message ...
our Jennifer reads/occasionally posts here too.
we do consider her one of our own.

Neat!

just dont go discriminating over the chocolate, lol.

Ohmygosh! I would never!!!

BTW - Is there a master chocolate list or do I just have to mentally
keep track of everyone's favs?

Scorpio

jeanne

Old December 22nd 03, 01:12 AM
Butterfly

Just as long as you remember, I don't 'do' chocolate, and keep the black or
cherry licorice or the Good 'N Plenty jar filled next to me--we'll get along
just fine ; )
Butterfly (next time I make Chocolate Cupcakes--(((wherever IS that Linda
C)))--I'll make sure you get one-- just cause I can't have it ,doesn't mean
I don't bake with it ; )

"Natalie" wrote in message
om...

Old December 22nd 03, 02:54 AM
Coleen

Natalie --

Well, as a different angle on this, I have been married for thirty years and
I think we are still newlyweds, lol. Our kids are 27, 25 and 23 and are all
out on their own and we are truly enjoying this time in our lives. Also a
newbie to quilting, actually started my first quilt about three years ago,
but just finished it this year.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen
Queen of Loving Stitches