Stolen Quilt

Old September 12th 03, 01:39 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default Stolen Quilt

Hi Guys,
I know this is the *needlework* group but we ALL need to know about this
TERRIBLE thing! One of the quilters over at RCTQ posted that she sent a quilt
to a quilt show. She sent it Priority Mail from her local post office (not
some off site mail place) and when the box was opened at the quilt show, the
quilt was gone and a book was in its place!!! This had been done by a postal
employee while in transit from the local post office to the Quilt Show site.
Here's the link to the Lost Quilts site with the whole story --
http://www.lostquilt.com/AnAuraOfEnchantment.html . There are lots of
pics of the quilt and it IS gorgeous!!! HMMM We better be really careful
when we send the finished FireHouse Angel to NY!!!! CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old September 12th 03, 02:32 PM
Gillian Murray

Maybe we should call in Mary Monica, and Betsy, to solve the case of the
Purloined Quilt?

Gillian
"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply " wrote in
message ...
[...]

.
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^

Old September 12th 03, 02:40 PM
Jenn Vanderslice

What a lousy way to compliment someone on their work!

/J

--
Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe -
the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant

Old September 12th 03, 02:43 PM
Brenda Lewis

What a stunning quilt. I'm sure the owner is heartsick over this theft.
Whoever took it should have needles shoved under their fingernails as
punishment!

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: ...on hiatus...

Old September 13th 03, 03:07 PM
Xstchsnoopy

i am shocked about the quilt!!! geeze!

so what is the fire house angel everyone is working on?

Old September 13th 03, 05:40 PM
Jenn Liace

On 13 Sep 2003 14:07:22 GMT, (Xstchsnoopy) wrote:

i am shocked about the quilt!!! geeze!

so what is the fire house angel everyone is working on?

Hi Cath!!!! Good to see you on this side!

Jenn (aks Sewuni)

View My Webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
Current projects:
Chicago Skyline (The Needlecraftsman)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old September 13th 03, 06:41 PM
Xstchsnoopy

hi jenn,

are you involved in this project or just following along like me? i think this
is great!
Old September 15th 03, 04:17 AM
puterjunkee

And you left em behind last night, along with your side bars and your
new stash.... I'm drooling over the Waxing Moon here giggle

I couldn't find the stash when I left, I thought it was in my bag
until I went to look for it to post my S.E.X. on another board. I
figured that it wouldn't be too long before I was over there anyway,
otherwise I would have called.

Erica
Old September 15th 03, 08:52 PM
Joyce

"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply " wrote in
message ...
Hi Guys,
I know this is the *needlework* group but we ALL need to know about

this
TERRIBLE thing! One of the quilters over at RCTQ posted that she sent a

quilt
to a quilt show. She sent it Priority Mail from her local post office

(not
some off site mail place) and when the box was opened at the quilt show,

the
quilt was gone and a book was in its place!!! This had been done by a

postal
employee while in transit from the local post office to the Quilt Show

site.

Eek!! That's horrible! Maybe using registered mail could provide some
security??

Quilt Restoration - Cognac book on Ebay Home Marketplace 0 November 11th 04 06:56 PM
OT - Kathy-NV's quilt Jalynne Beads 9 October 13th 04 05:10 AM
Auction: C. Jean Horst "Heart of Roses" Quilt - SIGNED! Brian Bernardini Marketplace 0 September 1st 04 07:51 PM
Auction: C. Jean Horst "Heart of Roses" Quilt - SIGNED! Brian Bernardini Marketplace 0 September 1st 04 07:08 PM