2 Pix on RCTNP

Old January 5th 09, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default 2 Pix on RCTNP

Hi all,

I sent a longer note on the RCTNP message, but am also just letting the
curious know I put up 2 more pix of my progress on Baroque. They're at the
end of "Ellice's Stuff" on RCTNP.

Happy stitchin' - got to go throw in some laundry, and then do some more
Jessicas (avoiding job hunting dreariness).

ellice

Old January 5th 09, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/5/09 1:27 PM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

Hi all,

I sent a longer note on the RCTNP message, but am also just letting the
curious know I put up 2 more pix of my progress on Baroque. They're at the
end of "Ellice's Stuff" on RCTNP.

Happy stitchin' - got to go throw in some laundry, and then do some more
Jessicas (avoiding job hunting dreariness).

ellice

Drop dead gorgeous! as usual

Old January 5th 09, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

wrote:

Hi all,

I sent a longer note on the RCTNP message, but am also just letting the
curious know I put up 2 more pix of my progress on Baroque. They're at the
end of "Ellice's Stuff" on RCTNP.

Happy stitchin' - got to go throw in some laundry, and then do some more
Jessicas (avoiding job hunting dreariness).

ellice

Drop dead gorgeous! as usual

Thanks. I need the strokes. My version is a bit different in the color
graduations than Jean Hilton's - but I'm liking it.

Ellice

Old January 5th 09, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"ellice" wrote in message
On 1/5/09 2:38 PM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 1/5/09 1:27 PM, in article ,
"ellice"
wrote:

Hi all,

I sent a longer note on the RCTNP message, but am also just letting the
curious know I put up 2 more pix of my progress on Baroque. They're at
the
end of "Ellice's Stuff" on RCTNP.

Happy stitchin' - got to go throw in some laundry, and then do some more
Jessicas (avoiding job hunting dreariness).

ellice

Drop dead gorgeous! as usual

Thanks. I need the strokes. My version is a bit different in the color
graduations than Jean Hilton's - but I'm liking it.

Ellice

Stroke, Stroke--It really is stunning and I personally love purple.

Old January 5th 09, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
pecan[_3_]

ellice wrote:
Hi all,

I sent a longer note on the RCTNP message, but am also just letting the
curious know I put up 2 more pix of my progress on Baroque. They're at the
end of "Ellice's Stuff" on RCTNP.

Happy stitchin' - got to go throw in some laundry, and then do some more
Jessicas (avoiding job hunting dreariness).

ellice

The pictures look very inspiring.

Catherine
Old January 5th 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

wrote:

Hi all,

I sent a longer note on the RCTNP message, but am also just letting the
curious know I put up 2 more pix of my progress on Baroque. They're at
the
end of "Ellice's Stuff" on RCTNP.

Happy stitchin' - got to go throw in some laundry, and then do some more
Jessicas (avoiding job hunting dreariness).

ellice

Drop dead gorgeous! as usual

Thanks. I need the strokes. My version is a bit different in the color
graduations than Jean Hilton's - but I'm liking it.

Ellice

Stroke, Stroke--It really is stunning and I personally love purple.

Thanks so much. It's one of those questioning things as you work on
something. I was really pleased to see that the various ribbon types and
metallics are working together so well. With the mid-tone silk (the solid
purple).

ellice

Old January 5th 09, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/5/09 4:47 PM, "pecan" wrote:

ellice wrote:
Hi all,

I sent a longer note on the RCTNP message, but am also just letting the
curious know I put up 2 more pix of my progress on Baroque. They're at the
end of "Ellice's Stuff" on RCTNP.

Happy stitchin' - got to go throw in some laundry, and then do some more
Jessicas (avoiding job hunting dreariness).

ellice

The pictures look very inspiring.

Catherine

Thanks. I'm intending to bring the piece into the LNS this week, so that a
couple of the folks on the fence about the class can see it. When I'm done,
I'll take some properly set up photos.

I love doing these stitches, and seeing pieces like this that people have
done makes me think of ways to incorporate different threads or stitch types
into my designs. As soon as this gets a bit further, I have to finish my
frameweight, and "finish" it so that it can go to Woodlawn as an original
design. Plus, I owe Donna and our friend Dawne a new, properly updated
chartbook.

When you're ready to try some of these stitches - you'll go for it. You can
always try to get a look at one of Jean Hilton's books - Stimulating
Stitches. They explain her thought process, and mechanics of these
stitches. She also did a teaching piece that is called Turnberry Ridge,
which has more instruction for doing the stitches than do most of her
designes (trust me - this piece - if you haven't done these stitches, then
you definitely need a reference - the chart book isn't enough).

ellice

Old January 6th 09, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/5/09 10:07 PM, "Jangchub" wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 23:30:35 GMT, ellice wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Ellice. I too think it is beautiful and the colors are
excellent. What is the ground you are using? Is it a colored canvas
or evenweave? I also love Neptune. I'd like to stitch that one day
and probably will.

Neptune is a fun stitch. Even though it is all XS, it's not an easy one
because of so much detail in the color changing. Check out Donna's version.
I actually switched the 2 Dark blues into one overdyed - Merlin from WDW
cause the pain of confetti stitching wasn't worth the effect. I'm sure it's
well within your fun zone!

Baroque is on 18 ct mono canvas in black. Hence, the pictures aren't so
great - especially the black perle on the black canvas background. It's
another of those pieces I keep doing that should stay on the stretchers
until it gets to the framers.

I posted an album of my own on the egroup.
Victoria

Great, I'm going to take a look.

Got to run - going to meet Donna at the framer's,

Ellice

Old January 6th 09, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat in Illinois

How does one access RCTNP?

Pat in Illinois
Old January 6th 09, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Been having getting the photo album to connect and finally did - love
the Baroque! May have to go in my someday pile. . .

How do you get the shadow/"floating" effect?

Linda

RCTNP MargW Needlework 0 January 22nd 08 05:07 PM
Pix on RCTNP ellice Needlework 0 May 1st 07 02:45 PM
RCTNP Linda Wright Needlework 4 February 12th 04 09:19 PM