OT..Help..a little please

Old March 15th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default OT..Help..a little please

Oh yes....I was being flippant, wasn't I? I'm sorry. Maybe her doc could
be persuaded to induce her when she's in that much discomfort and mentally
stressed. It's usually an IV now...I had a tablet that was supposed to
dissolve under my tongue. After my son was born, I spit it out on the
pillow. It works fast! But it is certainly a prescribed med and labor
would be closely monitored. I'm sorry I didn't give more thought to my
earlier message. This isn't a subject to tease about.
I hope things start moving along soon. It must be difficult to feel so
ready.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"nzlstar*" wrote in message
Kathyl,
wouldnt she need an Rx for the pitocin? and how would you take that?
tablets? i've only had that when in labour already and they try to speed
it up with that, my baby sure didnt like it. i was on a fetal monitor at
the time. tho that said, it was waaaaaaaaaay back in '78, dinosaurs and
all that, lol.

i still opt for calling a homeopathic chemist (yes i know thats an
oxymoron) and check with them on using the 1M dose of Pulsatilla.
homeopathics have no effect if you pick the wrong one. there are no side
effects, perfectly harmless if you are not ready to go into labour, you
wont. they only work 'if' your ready and the body needs a wee bit of a
shove. might depend on how far dialated Joanna is now. i'd make a simple
call and check it all out if you're not familiar with homeopathics.
i used them with my kids from about 3 months old with the sniffles. later
and right thru their childhood for whatever things occured. i used them
myself after childbirth too to help with the bruising on my bottom. they
are amazing. i also use for any bruising/shock etc, anything really there
is a remedy.

just my two cents of course. i'm a total fan of homeopathics. as i said,
you gotta choose the right remedy or nothing will happen and in this case,
if you're not ready to go into labour you wont.
shrug,
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"KJ" wrote...
Pitocin! It works fast! I speak from experience.
http://www.childbirth.org/articles/pit.html
--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old March 15th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

This isn't the Pitocin course for everyone. No epidural here. No nothing.
I just want to balance out the story.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Anne Rogers" wrote in message

wouldnt she need an Rx for the pitocin? and how would you take that?
tablets? i've only had that when in labour already and they try to speed
it up with that, my baby sure didnt like it. i was on a fetal monitor at
the time. tho that said, it was waaaaaaaaaay back in '78, dinosaurs and
all that, lol.

yes, it is a prescription drug, but not something you just pick up at the
chemist, it's almost always delivered by an IV pump, starting at a low
dose, then gradually increasing. That then ties you to where the IV stand
is. Continuous monitoring is then almost always required, again tieing
your location. It's also known to do interesting things to contractions,
double peaked, not much gap between them, more painful at early dilation
and so on, so almost all women end up having an epidural, which again, is
not entirely risk free. I think it's something most doctors would offer in
this situation, but something that far less women would accept, I was in a
similar situation myself, but the pain at the end of pregnancy was far
more fundamental, it was a symptom of an underlying condition, that even
when I said I have x, the doctors did not believe me or chose to ignore
it, or didn't understand it, or something, they were keen to induce labour
to take away my pain, when I was saying I need a c-section to avoid being
damaged further. I went into labour naturally the day I was due to be
induced (against my wishes, but it was no longer an offer, I was being
bullied) and much as I hate to be proved right, the damage was done, with
various joints separating, dislocating and being sprained during delivery,
healing has been very slow, it took 7mths for the swelling to go down and
things may never fully heal.

Anne

Old March 16th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Sending every good thought, prayer, hug and scrap of endurance I can find.
I do know how you feel, and can truly empathize! My son sat SO low that I
experienced the same dilemmas you are contending with now. I do hope you
can hang in there till the baby comes naturally and safely and with all the
love this group sends your way. Also praying for a swift delivery and
recovery!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Joanna" wrote in message
This isn't a life or death although at times I wonder. But I am due March
20 with baby. Well I need to have her now. I can't stand for anymore than
10 mins, and even that is very painful. Can't drive the car because this
baby is sitting so low I have to lift my belly to sit down. Then she
causes nothing but pain the whole time I'm in the car. Can't have a bath,
have not had anything but showers for about five months now. Don't get me
wrong this is baby #7 for me. I'm used to being uncomfortable but this one
takes the cake cuz she is so low. Can't even put my own socks on. If hubby
doesn't put my socks on before he goes to work then I just have to wear
slippers till he gets home, although this is minor. My three year old is
having a hard time understanding that mommy can't play with her and do the
things I used to. Daddy also suffers cuz I don't cook or clean like I used
to, although he's great about it and never complains I still feel guilty.
So if anyone could spare just a minute to say a little prayer to help this
little girl have her birthday and mommy to have a quick recovery I would
be very grateful!! Thanx.
Take Care
Joanna
PS sorry Fran I'm feeling just a little frustrated right now....I need all
the help I can get...

Old March 16th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

This isn't the Pitocin course for everyone. No epidural here. No
nothing.
I just want to balance out the story.

nor was the labour I described pitocin, I don't have stats to hand, but I
suspect it's well over 90% get epidurals and of course many women choose
epidurals anyway, so for some it may make no difference. The other problem
is that if you induce a labour with pitocin that wouldn't otherwise have
started for another couple of weeks you risk the body not being ready and
full dilation never being acheived and you can't just stop and go home, it
means delivery by c-section. It's a good thing that that can be done when
there is a medical need in either the mother or the baby, but the risk
profile is more concerning when it's more a matter of convenience (and
that's not to downplay Joanna's suffering, I know what that's like, yet I
was very angry the way induction was pressed upon me as a solution, I needed
support to the natural end, not a solution). It can be straightforward and
simple, but even if that happens 50% of the time, that's still an awful lot
of women and babies who suffer.

Anne

Old March 16th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna

Default Update... OT..Help..a little please

I was induced with baby #1 because my water broke but I was not in labor
after 24hrs. I would not wish that upon anyone. I could not have an
epidural due to history of back problems. So they had me so drugged that
I would wake up during a contraction, scream and my eyes would roll in
my head. My SIL said she didn't see the color of my eyes for more than
10hrs. When baby did come out he was black and blue, literally. Two
black eyes and bruising every where on him. I walked around with frozen
ice packs between my legs for more than a week. If it ever came to that
I would sooner opt for the c section, if it was medically necessary
only. It truly was the most horrible thing in my life to go through, and
I've been through a lot in my short life, more than most people I know.

Anyways today Dr says I am 80% effaced and about 1cm dilated. He striped
my membranes really lightly as he said she is so low he could feel her
head. Normally stripping the membranes hurts, while they are doing it
only cuz they are trying to reach too far inside. Well today it wasn't
even what I would consider uncomfortable. So he says any time now. I all
ready knew that. But it still better be sooner rather than later.
Instead of waking up to pee every couple of hours I'm waking up every
hour because my hips hurt so bad.

I appreciate everyone's comments to my small dilemma and I am THANKFUL
for all the prayers! Hopefully my next update will be after I'm home
with the little bundle of joy.
Take Care
Joanna
Old March 16th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Best wishes Joanna. Actually I hope you aren't reading this.....that you're
in the delivery room. Hurry up BABY!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old March 16th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

Default Twin mom.. OT..Help..a little please

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 05:22:27 GMT, Joanna
wrote:

Also I've tried, the walking, hot baths, refuse to do the castor oil
thing. Done the herbals as well. I don't think there is anything I have
not heard of or tried.

Hand scrubbed your kitchen floor?
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old March 16th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold

Ah Joanna
I remember when baby # 4 was 3 weeks late. Drs were talking about induceing
but I kept insisting that babies come when they are ready, and unless there
was something medically wrong, I would wait. I think I had finally given up
hoping that he would ever come out, when he finally showed up! Baby # 5 I
had pneumonia and pleurisy about the 8.5 month mark. They wouldn't let me
take ANY drugs and I was sure my belly should be black and blue from all the
coughing. Boy this topic is bringing back memories!
Still praying for you!
Marilyn
in Alberta, Canada

Old March 16th 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Ah, Joanna. I hope you are not here and not reading this. I hope you are
at the hospital. I remember so well thinking that during delivery, they
would say, "Mz Esther, we have a problem and we are going to have to cut off
your toe".
And I would cheer, "Take them all. I want this baby girl Now". After
she was born, I asked them to take me to the hospital roof and let me
broadcast to the world that our little girl was here. She was 6 weeks
overdue. Glad. Glad. What a wonderful day. Wishing you a happy birthday
and holding you close in our prayers. Polly