Buying fabric on line

Old November 6th 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Valerie in FL

Default Buying fabric on line

Their website is definitely not 'just looking' friendly. 20, 30 pages is
just too much to scroll through. Their catalog is yummy, though.

--
Valerie in FL
My quilts: http://community.webshots.com/user/vjkahler

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

Everything I've found in the Keepsake Quilting catalog I've ordered
online.
The site isn't as maneuverable as the catalog but the merchandise is all
there. g Only problem I've ever had w/ KQ was when they didn't
include a packing/shipping list when a gift item was included in the
shipment, but they fixed that by sending me a receipt/list.
(Just because there's one gift item doesn't mean they should omit the
entire packing list.) Fast service, well-packed items, and they include
laundry instructions.

Other online shops w/ good service:

http://www.dsquilts.com/fabric.html

http://www.pigpatchfarm.com/

http://www.jinnybeyer.com/
--esp. helpful when I needed more of a "J.B. palette" fabric;
great service

http://www.gloriouscolor.com/merchant/store.htm
--sent me the exact color of shot cotton when I called to ask,
very nice guy on the phone, had the fabric in 2 days

http://www.bighornquilts.com/

http://www.tatteredrabbit.com/

http://www.quiltersroundup.com/

http://www.backfortyquilting.com/

http://www.quiltcountry.com/

http://www.virginiaquilter.com/
--John never advertises here and he doesn't jump in w/ the helpful,
"Oh, WE have that!" as some merchants have done. He can count on us to
promote V.Q.'s good service and quality products.

The only shops I've had any serious problems w/ are Han-of-Pad
which has already been bitched about plenty (deservedly) and
Quilts & Other Comforts, the one assoc. w/ Qltrs.Newslttr Mag--
never, ever, ever got everything I ordered, always something "off"
about the order, color, quantity, etc, and sending me a
cheap tote bag w/ their logo on it didn't improve the matter. g
But Q.O.C. doesn't blame the customer for merchant screw-ups as
SOME shops will do. VBG
Lots of Good shops out there.

Ragmop/Sandy

On 11/1/06 3:02 PM, in article RX72h.264716$1i1.84745@attbi_s72, "René"
wrote:

Speaking of buying fabric online --- I am so disappointed with the online
Keepsake Quilting! I love the printed catalog because it's always packed
full of great stuff, and gives me so many ideas. I even save them for
that
reason.

But their website is a sad copy, IMHO.

René

New Fabric line Bonnie NJ Quilting 13 September 29th 06 07:55 PM
Hand dyed fabric TerriLee in WA \(state\) Quilting 26 August 7th 06 10:00 PM
pure linen fabric [email protected] Yarn 0 December 8th 05 02:59 AM
71 reasons to buy fabric David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 3 September 3rd 04 04:57 PM
Buying fabric from USA in Uk annie Quilting 4 January 30th 04 01:34 PM