AQS Online Quilt Contest - who's entered?

Old October 16th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default AQS Online Quilt Contest - who's entered?

Aahhh! Didn't look far enough.

Thanls N

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

"Cats" wrote in message
: Is that # right? I couldn't find anything numbered 1079?
: Help please
:
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
: o o o o o o
: ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
: Enness Boofhead Donut
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
: catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau
:
:
: "Boca Jan" wrote in message
: ...
::I love your quilt, Bronnie. I will vote for it when voting
: is open. (Monday
:: I think) If anyone wants to see it, here is the link. The
: entry # is 1079.
::
::
http://www.americanquilter.com/conte...es.php?page=30
::
:: --
:: Boca Jan
:: Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
:: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/poo_de_doo/myphotos
::
::
:: "Bronnie" wrote in message
::
:
oups.com...
:: Has anyone entered a quilt online in this contest?
:: It seemed like a great idea - particularly for non US
: residents - to
:: show our work without paying huge freight charges etc.
:: I entered my "Dancing Lights in Indigo Night" quilt,
: paid my US$10,
:: it was accepted, is displayed online and now I am aware
: that non US
:: residents are ineligible to vote and win voter prizes.
: (The VOTING
:: Rules say this is due to various laws governing 'games
: of chance'
:: around the world.)
:: The CONTEST rules for entering quilts does NOT say
: non-US residents
:: are ineligible for the grand prizes. Afterall, my entry
: was accepted. I
:: do not know if my entry can win a prize.
:: Under Internet Rules, #2 it says 'Quilt Contest void
: where prohibited
:: or restricted by law.' I know where I live a
: competition such as this
:: is not prohibited.
:: Does anyone here have any comments on this? Are
: Canadians would be
:: miffed as we are?
:: To say I am annoyed is putting it mildly.
::
:: --
::
:: Bronnie
:: Australia
::
::
::
:
:

Old October 16th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Hi Bronnie, it is only the 'voter' prize drawings that are only US
eligible. Everyone else is still eligible to vote worldwide internet
but only ONE email address per vote - all other user addresses will be
voided by AQS.

Non-US entrants are eligible for all prizes as voted by web site users.

When the voting opens tomorrow, there will probably be a information
form to complete (AQS will want to know who's out there that isn't
already signed up as a member - membership requests will come plus
other advertising.

jennellh (change the mail to news)
http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl

Old October 16th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

You CAN vote for Bronnie's quilt but You can't win a 'voters' prize in
the drawing.
jennellh (change the mail to news)

Cats wrote:
I will not even consider entering competitions like this for
the reasons you cited. The devil is always in the fine
print, and usually not delivered until it's too late.

In the past I have found AQS things absolutely
aimed/restricted to US entrants/competitiors which is fine.
It is, afterall, the American QS. But if that is the case I
wish they would not go out of their way to solicit "foreign"
members/entries/competitors/input. When I asked about this
the answer I got left me with the definite impression that
"foreigners" are second class members in AQS. Their
magazine is interesting but not worth the membership cost so
I will not be renewing mine when it expires this time.

Nothing against the AQS itself, just wish they would be a
little more up front about who their target audience really
is.

I cannot even vote for your quilt Bronnie (and I would
have!) but I would not have thought that any competition
that is determined by vote was classified as a "game of
chance".

Old October 16th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

As a Canadian - there are many other contests and promotions that are
not cross'border friendly but there are just as many others that are US
or Canada eligible. In Canada, contest winners are required to answer
a 'skill-testing question' in order to claim their winnings. In Canada,
Quebec is always "prohibited by law" in joining in other contests by
provincial law just as in the States, some States prohibit by law
contests from other States.

Old October 16th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

jennellh wrote:
Hi Bronnie, it is only the 'voter' prize drawings that are only US
eligible. Everyone else is still eligible to vote worldwide internet
but only ONE email address per vote - all other user addresses will be
voided by AQS.

Non-US entrants are eligible for all prizes as voted by web site users.

When the voting opens tomorrow, there will probably be a information
form to complete (AQS will want to know who's out there that isn't
already signed up as a member - membership requests will come plus
other advertising.

jennellh (change the mail to news)
http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl

Thanks so much for clariying the situation Jenell. I'm probably not the
only who was confused.
Not that I am expecting to win anything!

Appreciated your response,
Bronnie

Old October 16th 06, 07:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Bronnie, from what I read the contest and the prizes for the contest are
open to all. Voting is open to all who access the website. But if you
are not in the US etc you may not win one of the prizes given by random
drawing to the *voters*.
Your quilt is eligible for any of the actual contest prizes. and we can
all vote for your quilt too. G

Good luck, I just didn't get one in this year.

Pati, in Phx

Old October 16th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Your quilt is quite lovely, Bronnie, so
good luck!! Maybe you will win ... if
you do you will most likely get some
nice prizes. The games of chance rules
apply only to those who are entering
VOTES, not the quilter competition. You
just need to go to
http://www.americanquilter.com/contest/

Click on VOTER rules and/or WEEKLY
DRAWING rules (now finished) and you
will see the restrictions involve VOTERS.

I hope this link clears up confusion and
reaches those who might otherwise have a
sour attitude to AQS, due to wrong info.

Good luck! PAT

Old October 16th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

On 15 Oct 2006 15:50:17 -0700, "Bronnie"
wrote:

I entered my "Dancing Lights in Indigo Night" quilt...

It's a gorgeous quilt -- you've got my vote.

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt

Haunted Christmas Quilt Nbhilyard Quilting 2 June 18th 11 05:04 PM
"Quickie" Quilt Tia Mary Quilting 3 December 14th 05 09:55 PM
Kona Coffee Quilt Contest 2005 Joy Quilting 3 January 8th 05 06:20 AM
largest online quilt fabric store that cuts .25 yards? Julia Altshuler Quilting 11 October 20th 04 11:53 PM
quilt progress and a quilt story..a bit long, and with a question CNYstitcher Quilting 4 September 30th 03 03:48 AM