Looking for Baby Burp Cloth Inst.

Old June 14th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Looking for Baby Burp Cloth Inst.

not 3 years ago I used cloth diapers as a burp cloth - it's one of 3 things
I ever used them for actually - towel after the bath, burpcloth and now a
days I use them for my hair when I get out of the shower - they are just the
right size and keep the drips off my face without being as heavy as a real
towel.

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old June 14th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have a whole stack of cloth diapers I used for burp cloths for my DD,
and I already have them out in prep for DK#2. I did receive a few
others as gifts, kind of a thin terry towel that was rectangular in
shape. I didn't like those nearly as much as I do those diapers!

Dannielle

Old June 15th 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default other diaper uses

DH wears one over his head when he cuts the grass; under his hat. We've cut
out holes so it fits under his glasses but covers the sides of his face, his
nose, ears and the back of his neck. My sweetheart has survived malignant
melanoma several times. He's not willing to sit inside and whine but he
certainly is willing to be as cautious as possible. Anyhow.
Recently we had a bunch of young fellows roofing next door . We don't
know what they must have thought when they first saw what looked like an
escapee from a Ku Klux Klan meeting out loose on a John Deere. DH with
diaper over his head really is quite a sight.
When the roofers climbed on the roof next door the following day - you
guessed it. All those 'burned to a crisp' from day one roofers were
sporting diapers too. When DH comes in for recess, I always hand him a wet
diaper, wrung out in ice water. Ahhhh. Diapers are good. Polly

"Jessamy" wrote *nothing* is as good as those good old diapers!

Old June 15th 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

ohhh a trend setter DH! sensible lads those roofers though!

--
Jessamy - wishing she could see your DH mowing grass...

Old June 15th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

IMO your DH is brilliant, but ROFL over your description. Thanks for making
me smile!
Roberta in D

ink.net...

Old June 16th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

DH wears one over his head when he cuts the grass; under his hat. We've
cut out holes so it fits under his glasses but covers the sides of his
face, his nose, ears and the back of his neck. My sweetheart has survived
malignant melanoma several times. He's not willing to sit inside and
whine but he certainly is willing to be as cautious as possible.

I discovered when on holiday in Kurdistan a couple of years ago that
Arab-style headscarves really do work. Since I burn easily, I'd taken
a typical Western-outdoor-shop sunhat, but in temperatures around 45C
it turned into a soggy blob that never dried out. Whereas the sort of
scarf the local Kurdish and Arab men wore worked just fine. There are
pictures of me in them in the "travels with an electronic bagpipe"
sequence on my website.

Some of the Arab men in the area wore pale lilac headscarves with
delicately embroidered borders - they're always immaculately clean
and make an extraordinary contrast with rough workers' or farmers'
clothing. (They were made in the Gulf states, if anybody's looking
for one). My guess was that the lilac dye might have had some extra
UV protection over and above plain white cotton, since it fluoresced
a bit, but the idea just made me cringe.

Old June 16th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

When I owned my Frame store I purchased bags of clean used diapers from a
diaper service to use when we cleaned glass. There was just a bit of
fraying on some edges, nice and white and soft, and a very few had thin
areas but they are so great for all uses. When I sold the store I took a
whole bag (100 or so) home to use for cleaning, dusting, silver polishing
and anything else.

Linda in Tx

Old July 3rd 06, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Johanna Gibson

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:40:32 +0200, "Jessamy"
wrote:

*nothing* is as good as those good old diapers!

I used to use them to really clean the windows. Any idea where I
can find them, maybe online? I've never seen any in the shops in this
country.

-- Jo in Scotland
Old July 3rd 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nana2b

Joanna, See if you can find a "diaperservice" in the yellow pages. They
will sell diapers that are not usable for their purpose anymore. That is
where I purchased diapers to use at my shop to clean the glass in frames. I
paid about $30 for somewhere around 100, clean, if a bit frayed in places,
soft cotton diapers. Linda in Tx